Montreal to Miami 10/31/21

A Knitter

Does anyone know if Oceania has canceled cruises to Canada or in the process of changing their itinerary for this sailing.  Canada has announced continued port closures for all cruise ship travel through February 2022

Canada Travel Restrictions

Last updated February 12th, 2021

40 minutes ago, A Knitter said:

Does anyone know if Oceania has canceled cruises to Canada or in the process of changing their itinerary for this sailing.  Canada has announced continued port closures for all cruise ship travel through February 2022

Canada Travel Restrictions

Last updated February 12th, 2021

If/when Oceania cancels your cruise, you’ll get an Oceania email via your TA (or directly from O) regarding reason, refund, etc

You should also regularly review the Travel Advisories link on the O website homepage. At approx the start of each month, O posts alerts about any new cancellation groupings - but usually only for about a 2-3 month span.

Thank you.  I was aware of the travel advisory for Canada.  According to my Agent they seem to be trying to work things out.  Fortunately we booked the cruise for next year in the event this one doesn't sail.  

We are booked on this cruise...I fully expect it will be cancelled.  In addition the protocols likely will make cruising a "no go" for us.  We will not cruise as long as/if masks are required.  Wearing a mask would take away the joy of cruising...I will wait a bit longer before cancelling.  We have been fully vaccinated.

29 minutes ago, billf0401 said:

We are booked on this cruise...I fully expect it will be cancelled.  In addition the protocols likely will make cruising a "no go" for us.  We will not cruise as long as/if masks are required.  Wearing a mask would take away the joy of cruising...I will wait a bit longer before cancelling.  We have been fully vaccinated.

29 minutes ago, billf0401 said:

Yup. we feel the same way as you. Having to wear masks would be a no go for us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billf0401 said:

Masks will probably be required in public areas for the first few months after start up

so as they say  why wait for Spring do it now

YMMV

23 hours ago, RJB said:

Yup. we feel the same way as you. Having to wear masks would be a no go for us. 

I feel that you might find yourself excluded from quite a few activities in the next year or so, not just cruising. 

The Canadian health minister has reiterated her plan to continue the lockdown until 2022.  Alaska is being severely impacted by the inability of residents of the panhandle (Juneau) to use Canadian highways to access northern cities.  The Governor is being encouraged to declare a state of emergency to allow ocean going ferries for transport.  This doesn’t look good for the cruise industry.  Alaska cruises may be delayed for longer than Caribbean and even European.

Could this be payback???

32 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

Could this be payback???

For what??

Last summer people were allowed to cross into Canada to head up to Alaska provided they went straight there

But some  people decided to lie & go off the Banff  site seeing etc..

Maybe spreading the virus

5 hours ago, ORV said:

I feel that you might find yourself excluded from quite a few activities in the next year or so, not just cruising. 

NO, Have not been excluded from any activities.  Still playing golf, tennis, dining indoors and outside.  All without masks. Can not think of any others.  

• Like 2

Everyone on the Waterfront here in Halifax has been told there will be NO cruises stopping here in 2021. Another tourist season wiped out.

The current goal is to re-open the 'Atlantic Bubble' for residents of the four Atlantic Provinces to travel around freely inside from April 19 but no tourists from the rest of the country yet:

https://www.halifaxtoday.ca/local-news/premier-says-province-not-ready-to-open-up-to-rest-of-canada-3555946

Right now it's still about trying to keep Wuhan Virus out. The last death in Nova Scotia was June 9th with an August death unconfirmed, but politically, keeping everything sealed off is by far the path of least resistance. An election needs to be called here by 2022 and the government holds a two-seat majority.

Quebec is not part of the Atlantic provinces of course, so in theory the cruise could go. But there'd be no stops between Bar Harbor-ish (ME) and Quebec.  

16 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

Everyone on the Waterfront here in Halifax has been told there will be NO cruises stopping here in 2021. Another tourist season wiped out.

The current goal is to re-open the 'Atlantic Bubble' for residents of the four Atlantic Provinces to travel around freely inside from April 19 but no tourists from the rest of the country yet:

https://www.halifaxtoday.ca/local-news/premier-says-province-not-ready-to-open-up-to-rest-of-canada-3555946

Right now it's still about trying to keep Wuhan Virus out. The last death in Nova Scotia was June 9th with an August death unconfirmed, but politically, keeping everything sealed off is by far the path of least resistance. An election needs to be called here by 2022 and the government holds a two-seat majority.

Quebec is not part of the Atlantic provinces of course, so in theory the cruise could go. But there'd be no stops between Bar Harbor-ish (ME) and Quebec.  

Too bad.  We had a great day in Halifax a few years ago including wonderful lobster at a lobster pound. Feel sorry for the people that can not make a living for another year.  It sucks.

Maybe  when & if  most Canadians are vaccinated    the Government will consider  opening up the borders

They just extended the lock down for land border until April 21st

Here  they are just  starting the 75 +  vaccinations ..we have a long way to go yet  before most of the Country  is vaccinated

😲🤔

21 hours ago, RJB said:

NO, Have not been excluded from any activities.  Still playing golf, tennis, dining indoors and outside.  All without masks. Can not think of any others.  

Have you tried to fly lately? 

4 hours ago, RJB said:

Too bad.  We had a great day in Halifax a few years ago including wonderful lobster at a lobster pound. Feel sorry for the people that can not make a living for another year.  It sucks.

Yeah, like in a lot of other places, we're staying closed so long, many businesses are gone.

I live in a mixed use building on the boardwalk (retail first floor, apartments above). All kinds of empty retail in our building and all along the waterfront.