Coco Cay Cabana Prices!

36 minutes ago, rodenboy said:

Okay that is excellent thank you 🙂

How do we ensure nobody except our party goes in our Cabana?

Because your stuff will be there .... no one does that !!!

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

FOr the expensive ones right.  I'm talking about the medium priced ones for $248.99.  Is first come first serve right?  I had talked to an agent about it and he said the really expensive ones are assigned before hand, but the cheaper beds and cabanas you have to get there first and they assign you then.

Cabanas are all 'expensive'. Like I said, it's the bungalows that are the less expensive.  Coco Cay doesn't have them, only Labadee.  Coco Cay had some different options before it turned into Perfect Day, but I'm not sure how those were handled.  So if it's called a 'Cabana' it gets assigned. If it's a Bungalow on Labadee, those were first some first served.  I have no idea how they decide on the beach beds, I've never booked on of those.  Although I know in the Cruise Planner the price for those seems to vary by what part of Coco Cay you want your bed to be on.  

On 4/8/2021 at 1:37 PM, RCCL Fan said:

Oh gosh  --- that was a month ago i don't remember which one specifically.   But just go to youtube and search cococay cabana tours.    There's several on there.  We're not allowed to name travel agents on here, but there's an agent who posts a ton of detailed reviews. 

I think I found it after I asked!  Thanks!! 

On 3/16/2021 at 3:51 PM, expatcruiser88 said:

I’m looking at Coco Cay Cabanas on my September 2021 4 night cruise from Port Canaveral on Mariner.

Cabanas are anywhere from $1199 - $1899

I’m just, kind of in a state of disbelief...

Is this for real? Am I missing something? 

I’m frustrated because I am traveling with 8 people and this would be perfect, but that’s literally more than the cost of the cruise. I just don’t get it!

If I don’t get a cabana, will we still have a good time by the pool? I just don’t want to waste the day by it being too busy!

The rates are insane!  We always took cabanas at labadee and once in Coco Cay- before the renovation.  Last time we went to coco cay we only took a bed.

Here are the COCO Beach club prices for my May 2022 Oasis cruise (keep in mind that these prices are in Canadian)

• COCO Beach Club Floating Cabana: $2,525.67
  • Coco Beach Club Beach Cabana: $1,993.67
  • Coco Beach Club day pass: $264.67

And for an added bonus: the thrill waterpark cabana is $1,328.69 while the Oasis Lagoon cabana is $1,594.67.

All of the cabanas for my cruise went up by ~$300-400 yesterday. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by nu_cruzer1

On 4/8/2021 at 4:31 PM, Ashland said:

Because your stuff will be there .... no one does that !!!

We once rented a cabana at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal in Orlando. We decided to head over to City Walk for a quick lunch at Margaritaville. We had our towels, some water shoes and other non valuable stuff in the cabana so it was obviously occupied.

When we returned from lunch, an entire family was sitting in the cabana watching tv and drinking the water in the cooler that we paid for.

We had to go get security to get them to leave and have our cooler restocked.

It doesn't happen often, but it can happen. 

3 hours ago, cured said:

We once rented a cabana at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal in Orlando. We decided to head over to City Walk for a quick lunch at Margaritaville. We had our towels, some water shoes and other non valuable stuff in the cabana so it was obviously occupied.

When we returned from lunch, an entire family was sitting in the cabana watching tv and drinking the water in the cooler that we paid for.

We had to go get security to get them to leave and have our cooler restocked.

It doesn't happen often, but it can happen. 

I would think it happens less on a private island...Not surprised it happened where you were.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

The over the water cabana for my cruise (feb 6, odyssey) has held firm at $1699.  I keep checking back, to see if it drops to something more reasonable (there is only 2 of us, and I can’t justify the cost), but I don’t have a lot of hope 😉

I have found that the OTW cabanas are extremely high for the sailings on the big ships.  If you just want to try them, I would recommend waiting until you are sailing on one of the smaller ships and check the price.  We have one booked for our 17 Sept Mariner sailing.  It is $1199, which is still too high...but it is better than $1699 !  I doubt we will ever do it again and then there's a very good possibility that this cruise will be cancelled anyway.  Oh well....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I have found that the OTW cabanas are extremely high for the sailings on the big ships.  If you just want to try them, I would recommend waiting until you are sailing on one of the smaller ships and check the price.  We have one booked for our 17 Sept Mariner sailing.  It is $1199, which is still too high...but it is better than $1699 !  I doubt we will ever do it again and then there's a very good possibility that this cruise will be cancelled anyway.  Oh well....

Think positive I am betting we go on the 12th!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruising Grandma 13 said:

I just booked a Thrill Park Cabana for $699 for my June 2022 cruise.  When I checked out, I was shocked to find they are now adding a tax ($83.88) to the purchase.  I've never had to pay tax in the past.

12% Bahamas sales tax.  Royal probably just buried the cost before and is now showing it as a separate line item. 

On 4/15/2021 at 6:32 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

The over the water cabana for my cruise (feb 6, odyssey) has held firm at $1699.  I keep checking back, to see if it drops to something more reasonable (there is only 2 of us, and I can’t justify the cost), but I don’t have a lot of hope 😉

The floating Cabanas on Coco Cay on our Sept. Allure, dropped yesterday from the $1699 to just $899, what a bargain, but still too rich for us...we'll stick with the $58.99 Beach Club Pass and just look out at the cabanas🤤

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

12% Bahamas sales tax.  Royal probably just buried the cost before and is now showing it as a separate line item. 

I booked the same cabana 2 weeks ago on Harmony 2022 for the same price, no tax.  I believe there is a glitch in the new Cruise Planner program they have for Symphony.  TA is working on getting it figured out.  I did a sample purchase on other items and it was also charging a separate tax.  

54 minutes ago, Cruising Grandma 13 said:

I booked the same cabana 2 weeks ago on Harmony 2022 for the same price, no tax.  I believe there is a glitch in the new Cruise Planner program they have for Symphony.  TA is working on getting it figured out.  I did a sample purchase on other items and it was also charging a separate tax.  

There is another thread on this but with the new user interface that they have for the cruise planner (currently only Symphony snd Mariner) Royal is now charging sales tax as well as adding gratuities on several items. I would be surprised if this was a glitch.  More likely just another way to increase fees.  

the 12% Bahamas sales tax is legit, it’s just whether it will be included in the price as it has been in the last or shown separately as it no appears for Symphony and Mariner sailings. 

I booked a Beach Club cabana for our Dec 21 Freedom cruise for $999. The floating cabana was $1499, a bit steep for our family of 3. The prices were hundreds less than they were for the same cruise we had originally booked for a week earlier on Indy. Still waiting and hoping other cruise planner items go lower, for now the refreshment package and the UDP are higher than what I had paid for on the Indy cruise.The prices are all over the place, I wonder what rhyme or reason or crazy algorithms they use to determine these cruise planner prices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 12:47 PM, Djsmrs said:

I just bought day passes for the beach club for April 2022 for $100 less each than they were the last time I checked.   Seems like they are having a bit of a sale.  #headsup

Thank you! I just checked for my July 2021 cruise and saved $110 🙂

• Like 2

Agree --the pricing is a bit hefty.  I understand the need to start bringing in revenue, but its a bit much.  We booked the "reduced" price on the beach club.  Will watch the cabana pricing, and see how it goes.

• 1 month later...