Infinity - ocean view cabin : deck 2-3 midship or deck 7-8 forward ?

nikkiml

We have been on 9 cruises, all biggest ships of both Celebrity (aside from APEX) and RC, plus we always booked a balcony. This time, we want to make an European cruise for 14 days, so looking into a 7 days cruise Italy and than doing a 7 days by ourselves from Rome to Venice. Our choice lies with the fact that it would be an economy of almost $1,400 which is not to be neglected.

Now, since we never cruise on smaller ship and in an ocean view cabin, what would you recommand : lower deck or higher  deck?

Also, what are your impressions of this ship?

Thank you for your input.

Love the Infinity - have sailed her many times.

In my opinion, the best ocean view cabins are on Deck 3, aft of the elevators.  Years ago these used to be conference rooms and the like, but they have since been converted to cabins.  They have bigger windows than the standard ocean view (although cabins are the same size) so they seem bigger.  It is also a very quiet area of the ship.  We rarely sail ocean view anymore, but if we do on an M class ship (which Infinity is) we would always look for cabins in this area.  

Other perks are that they are near Guest Relations , the excursions desk, and the downstairs bar (but not near enough for noise) .  And since you are in a very low floor, it is easy to catch an empty elevator (except when you are in port and people are embarking, but that is true on any floor)

• Like 1

Have sailed Infinity once. We had deck 3 OV on port side for'd. We liked watching the bow waves coming past our window and being rocked to sleep at night if there was a swell running. That was a 14 day Fort Lauderdale/San Diego cruise. Mediterranean  would be smoother. It was also handy to the theatre for shows and lectures as well as handy to for'd elevators.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Love the Infinity - have sailed her many times.

In my opinion, the best ocean view cabins are on Deck 3, aft of the elevators.  Years ago these used to be conference rooms and the like, but they have since been converted to cabins.  They have bigger windows than the standard ocean view (although cabins are the same size) so they seem bigger.  It is also a very quiet area of the ship.  We rarely sail ocean view anymore, but if we do on an M class ship (which Infinity is) we would always look for cabins in this area.  

Other perks are that they are near Guest Relations , the excursions desk, and the downstairs bar (but not near enough for noise) .  And since you are in a very low floor, it is easy to catch an empty elevator (except when you are in port and people are embarking, but that is true on any floor)

Good advice above.  IMHO best Ocean View on M Class ships. 

The larger windows are "left over" from when the area was the conference rooms....not originally designed as staterooms.  I would book here.

We nearly always sail OV, we just don't spend enough time on a balcony to make it worth it, for us.

As the above posters have said the aft starboard Cabins are great with the extra large round windows. I'm 5'1 and could stand in it!

Our favourite is 3142. Those 2 end cabins (3142 &44) are separated from the rest of the cabins by a door, very quiet. 

There used to be quite a fan club for those cabins and people used to leave things for the next occupant to find. That was a few years ago I don't know if that happens anymore. but worth checking 😊

If you are doing an economy trip, and don't mind inside cabins, the ones on the Sunrise Deck 1121, 29,37,43,34,26 have always intrigued me. There is a 'secret' staircase that takes you straight down to the Oceanview Bar, great for nipping down for  quick cup of coffee in the morning,, or a cocktail before dinner. We haven't sailed in one of those cabins on the Millennium Class, but enjoyed it on the Century.

As far as the Infinity goes, I haven't sailed on her for a few years, enjoyed her when I did. 

Cheers, h.

Edited by middlehaitch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Maya_C said:

We stayed in the OV rooms starboard aft on Deck 3 on the Summit. The cabins with the large round windows are 3112-3144. Quiet area, convenient location. 

I would go with one of these staterooms.  3112 being the best of the lot, but have stayed back aft in 3144, which is a quiet area with its own entranceway.  Note, there is a deepsink and two storage closets in the area of 3142-3144, but we were never bothered or away from the area when they were used.  It's a great area to catch the aft elevators up to the buffet.  

50 minutes ago, stickey_mouse said:

Sorry to hijack this question with a question of my own. If the Deck 3, Aft OV cabins are taken, what is the next best choice of OV cabins? Would you go forward of Guest Relations on Deck 3, or down to Deck 2?

I would book a Cat 6 on Deck 3 Starboard side, then look for one of the 3112-3144 staterooms to open up.  Folks cancel all the time.  Just keep checking then have your TA make the change for you. I've been known to change staterooms 3-4 times during a sailing as more favorable staterooms become available.

1 hour ago, stickey_mouse said:

Sorry to hijack this question with a question of my own. If the Deck 3, Aft OV cabins are taken, what is the next best choice of OV cabins? Would you go forward of Guest Relations on Deck 3, or down to Deck 2?

Sure. See post #4.

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

I would book a Cat 6 on Deck 3 Starboard side, then look for one of the 3112-3144 staterooms to open up.  Folks cancel all the time.  Just keep checking then have your TA make the change for you. I've been known to change staterooms 3-4 times during a sailing as more favorable staterooms become available.

We will have a group of 20, so no can do. I assume the Category 5 rooms close to guest relations are more preferable to Category 6 farther forward? My mind says midship is better, but perhaps I’m wrong in this instance.