Star Pride Schedule

SailMaine

I’m a bit nervous about our October 2021 New York-Bermuda-San Juan 21-day cruise. It has disappeared from the WS website, as have all Star Pride cruises from the end of August through November 3rd. The pre-August Iceland itineraries are all Call for Availability which is never a good sign. The cruises scheduled from August through October were in Canada/New England then heading to NY the end of October for our trip. I’m sure with Canada’s restrictions, WS has had to reschedule the ship itineraries for that time period. Just curious if anyone else has heard anything or had their Star Pride cruises cancelled? 

1 hour ago, SailMaine said:

I’m a bit nervous about our October 2021 New York-Bermuda-San Juan 21-day cruise. It has disappeared from the WS website, as have all Star Pride cruises from the end of August through November 3rd. The pre-August Iceland itineraries are all Call for Availability which is never a good sign. The cruises scheduled from August through October were in Canada/New England then heading to NY the end of October for our trip. I’m sure with Canada’s restrictions, WS has had to reschedule the ship itineraries for that time period. Just curious if anyone else has heard anything or had their Star Pride cruises cancelled? 

They cannot sail to Canadian ports until 2022 so these itineraries are likely under reconsideration.

Thanks, We figured that was the case. We are just surprised we haven’t heard from WS yet as some on the Roll Calls have been notified of their cancelled September and October cruises. I’ll talk with our TA tomorrow as we’d like to reschedule to another late 2021 cruise if possible. 

As of this morning and assuming that the MarineTraffic locators are correct, the Legend is out of the Palermo dry dock but alongside. The Pride is docked nearby but not in the dry dock. Unless the yard has perfected the stretching procedure substantially from the prior two operations, I would be surprised if they can get the Pride done in time for its first sailing in mid July. The Pride disappeared from schedules for September and October, that may be an indicator.

Thank you Barrycat for that information. Do you think any work has been done on the Legend or the Pride? It seems kind of strange that Windstar has not shown any updates on their progress at Fincantieri in Palermo. They were very visible with the stretching of the Breeze...and she looks lovely. As you mentioned, both ships are docked there, and have been for months. They may be doing the work on the Pride in September and October. Hope all is proceeding as planned. We look forward to resuming our trips with Windstar....booked on the Pride in December!

2Love

The  locator for the Legend definitely shows her alongside the dry dock and they could be doing non structural work there.

The illustration for the Pride looks a different color than the other boats. It is possible, hopefully, that the transponder is off since she has been in Palermo since last year and if that is the case she could be in the dry dock. That’s a COULD BE but the fact that everything up until mid November is now listed as “call for availability” or not listed at all would indicate a delay.

So we received our cancellation email Wednesday afternoon. Not surprised but still disappointed. We are working with our TA to book either the SanJuan tail end of the trip this November or the Boston to SJ next October 2022. Next year may be a safer bet as by then they may allow passengers to go ashore without a ship excursion, which is a no-go for us especially in the Caribbean. If the TA has the scoop on the Pride, I’ll let you know!