Navigator now confirmed in California

10 minutes ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

I'm trying to book an Apr cruise and it wants an extra $866 for a refundable deposit? Does that look right?  This is for a ocean view balcony for 3 people.

There's no fixed-rate add-on for refundable deposit. It varies from ship to ship and from sailing to sailing and it can be tiny or it can be huge. You have to decide for yourself how much is too much.

• Like 1

I booked 2 balconies on the 11/29/21 sailing for myself and family primarily so they can reach Diamond. They each have 76 points. I was hoping the prices would be a little more friendly for these West Coast cruises. It would have been nice if  they would have added a California Coastal option with stops in Santa Barbara and SF. We did this on the Jewel a few years ago and it was very enjoyable. We'll have to rethink sailing out of CA for these Mexico itineraries. 😞

The 'upcharge' to choose refundable for my 5 night sailing to Cabo (with overnight stay) was only $137 for our balcony stateroom.  I figured that was well worth it since who the heck knows what will be going on in my life in September of next year.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rockmom said:

The 'upcharge' to choose refundable for my 5 night sailing to Cabo (with overnight stay) was only $137 for our balcony stateroom.  I figured that was well worth it since who the heck knows what will be going on in my life in September of next year.  

I wonder how they compute what the upcharge will be.  For my sailing, $866 seems a bit steep.

Just now, drewdrewcruiser said:

I wonder how they compute what the upcharge will be.  For my sailing, $866 seems a bit steep.

yeah, that's crazy.  My daughter and I felt that for about $69 each, it was worth it.  $866, no way.  

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

There's no fixed-rate add-on for refundable deposit. It varies from ship to ship and from sailing to sailing and it can be tiny or it can be huge. You have to decide for yourself how much is too much.

Agree, travel SOLO and several times seen and even Booked a cheaper Refundable Rate. Others and more likely had prices $200 to over $1000 for Refundable Rate

4 hours ago, Blue_Flame said:

We are also booked on Discovery Princess same month and the price was less than these Royal cruises, but with full perks.

. . . And Discovery Princess* is Princess' brand new ship that hasn't even sailed yet!

* Discovery Princess℠, our third vessel designed from the ground up with Princess MedallionClassTM and the final Royal-class ship, will continue to deliver an array of innovative new experiences. Enjoy 270-degree sweeping views from the largest balconies at sea, unwind in ultimate comfort at The Sanctuary, and indulge your senses with world-class dining options from Michelin-star chefs. Plus, Princess Live Entertainment presents spectacular new productions that can only be seen in our state-of-the-art Princess Theater.

Guests 3,660 Crew 1,346 Debuting 2022

(We're also booked on Discovery Princess next March, for its West Coast inaugural, as well next April for my spouse's birthday.)

I believe that Royal Caribbean wants to price Navigator higher than its primary competitors on the West Coast, at least in the beginning.

I'm interested in seeing how the West Coast prices track (on all lines with ships homeported in California), especially after Navigator arrives.

---

Edited by RSS from SF

Just booked a seven day for next year for a great price.   Deck 12 no balcony ocean view suite.   1,500.00 less than a grand suite and with all the suite perks.  It's not much more than the regular balcony we had on our last cruise.  I am hopeful that things will be better in 11 months so we can actually get out of the house and do something.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

When looked last nite minutes after release the 7n March Cruises 4 passengers in 2BD/2BA Aft Grand Suite was only $3200. Looks like prices Gone up/Fixed, lot higher now. Same Cabin 10hrs later $10,666 (w/discounts).

Your comment caused me to go back and do a mock booking on two of the cruises I booked last night.  I paid $1248 and $1083 (refundable) and today they are both selling for $3498. 🙀

Do prices usually jump that high that fast?  This is my first time booking something as soon as it was released.

17 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Looking at 3 and 4 night in Jan for 2B balcony and refundable deposit adds $640 to each reservation. For the 3 night that's more than the price of the reservation. I don't want to book refundable deposits but that amount is ridiculous IMHO.  

Remember if you book before 5/31/21 you are covered by the Cruise With Confidence policy, which means your NRD becomes an FCC, so you technically lose no money.

I spent a lot of time today checking prices, and then looked at the Brilliance out of Tampa.  I was looking at post-Thanksgiving through pre-Christmas this year, and the Brilliance was much cheaper for 4 and 5 night cruises.

I think I will also wait and see what happens to the Navi prices.  They are not competitive right now.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

I booked the minute the Jan 17, 2022 Mexico 7 nighter opened and just called and got not only a nice price reduction but then decided to up grade my category from a JS to GS.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, pcur said:

Remember if you book before 5/31/21 you are covered by the Cruise With Confidence policy, which means your NRD becomes an FCC, so you technically lose no money.

And if you book before the end of June existing members get double CAS points through Sept. 2022.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Your comment caused me to go back and do a mock booking on two of the cruises I booked last night.  I paid $1248 and $1083 (refundable) and today they are both selling for $3498. 🙀

Do prices usually jump that high that fast?  This is my first time booking something as soon as it was released.

Yeah I always Book day of release, like get my Cabin and keep it for B2B Cruises. Some pricing can go up fast, cabins selling out on a popular sailing. Pretty sure this was Royal Mistake that was fixed. In past most under pricing no issues as we scored on their errors. Rare but been few times where Royal REALLY messed up and made us pay difference or cancel, though think I can remember 2-3 times happening. Usually we are the Lucky ones, wouldn't worry scored a bargain...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

When looked last nite minutes after release the 7n March Cruises 4 passengers in 2BD/2BA Aft Grand Suite was only $3200. Looks like prices Gone up/Fixed, lot higher now. Same Cabin 10hrs later $10,666 (w/discounts).

Did you book it?

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you book it?

Was VERY tempted, but no. Wasnt 100% sure Royal wouldnt Catch/Cancel/Change price. Too many Booked Cruises now inc 4-7 wont take. As is have enough FCC already to pay for my 4 Cruises this Fall for no additional funds. Figure only 7 month until next round released Dates begin again. But if was a Brilliance Class Aft/Corner would have Booked it anyway...

Edited by ONECRUISER

12 hours ago, rockmom said:

yeah, that's crazy.  My daughter and I felt that for about $69 each, it was worth it.  $866, no way.  

It must have been a glitch or something.  I checked rates again tonight and it now costs $80 upcharge for a refundable fare for a balcony for 3.  Booked it!

Screenshot_20210414-225547_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1