Navigator now confirmed in California

Can someone please help me answer a couple of questions? I am booked for 3/18/22 in a spacious balcony room 9336, for two people the total price is $2,025. I am thinking of switching to room 8330, which is the same room type and category. My questions are 1) did I get a good price, and 2) should I switch rooms or not? 

Thanks so much in advance!

1 hour ago, CruiseLoverFromNorCal said:

Can someone please help me answer a couple of questions? I am booked for 3/18/22 in a spacious balcony room 9336, for two people the total price is $2,025. I am thinking of switching to room 8330, which is the same room type and category. My questions are 1) did I get a good price, and 2) should I switch rooms or not? 

I would switch to 9336, you will have a better view  looking forward because the bump out won't restrict some of your view.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CruiseLoverFromNorCal said:

1. Yes, i.e., I would book at that price.

• Thanks 1

I've booked B2B - January 17 & January 24th.  Somewhat difficult getting the same cabin with a balcony.  Ended up with 1164.  New cabins . . . . hopefully noise from the pool area is blocked out with a door that closes.  Anyone have experience with the bow cabins - deck 11?  Also - as a D+ - hoping to get access to the concierge lounge.  Excited to cruise on the west coast!

7 minutes ago, crilski said:

I've booked B2B - January 17 & January 24th.  Somewhat difficult getting the same cabin with a balcony.  Ended up with 1164.  New cabins . . . . hopefully noise from the pool area is blocked out with a door that closes.  Anyone have experience with the bow cabins - deck 11?  Also - as a D+ - hoping to get access to the concierge lounge.  Excited to cruise on the west coast!

No CL on the NV. Only a DL and SL. 

• Like 1

Not too much difference between D and D+  . . . .  I'd be happy with some drinks on my card to use all day then!  Regardless - looking forward to cruising once again.  Hoping that independent from the ship excursions are happening by Jan 2022.

Edited by crilski

3 minutes ago, crilski said:

Not too much difference between D and D+  . . . .  I'd be happy with some drinks on my card to use all day then!  Regardless - looking forward to cruising once again.  Hoping that independent for the ship excursions are happening by Jan 2022.

I hope so .. I certainly can't see booking or needing an excursion for this Jan 17th. itinerary. I've been to these ports so many times and prefer to DIY. 

So excited to cruise from my home port again with RCI....I booked the minute it opened with a call to RCI before it was even on the website.

Booked a 7-night cruise on Navigator for next February. It was only $500 more for a Junior Suite so went with that to get the double points = 28. 

Excited to cruise out of LA as our son is moving there this summer. Will be nice to visit him and also enjoy a cruise. 

2 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

Booked a 7-night cruise on Navigator for next February. It was only $500 more for a Junior Suite so went with that to get the double points = 28. 

Excited to cruise out of LA as our son is moving there this summer. Will be nice to visit him and also enjoy a cruise. 

Very nice. Just curious, how did you decide on February? I was considering February but not sure if the weather will still be unsettled then/ 

2 hours ago, CruiseLoverFromNorCal said:

Very nice. Just curious, how did you decide on February? I was considering February but not sure if the weather will still be unsettled then/ 

It was mostly how it fit in with our schedule.  We have a December Symphony cruise (Caribbean), March cruise on Virgin Cruises, and May Anthem cruise (Norway Fjords).  Wanted to get another cruise in early 2022 for the double points -- the May Anthem cruise will get us Diamond Plus and we can forget about points after that. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

Were the cabins refurbished a few years ago, too? Specifically, were the junior suites on Deck 9 updated?

I had a deck 10 JS that was "touched".  Full refurbish?   No. 

New decor like covers on the sofa, new cover on chair cushions but chair frame was original, new drapes, new artwork, new carpet.  The bathroom hardly looked touched.  Built in desk area and closets were not replaced.  

What do you consider refurbished?

BTW - Mariner cabins were not "touched" - they looked the same as they always did before the AMP.  

I'm so happy RCI has returned to LA!  Finally I can cruise RCI every year again!  I won't have to do anymore Carnival cruises!  Well, except the 2 I already have booked. 😀  Not that I don't enjoy those, it's just RCI is my preferred cruise line.  I'm so excited!

Kerrie

• Like 3

On 4/15/2021 at 9:59 AM, crilski said:

We are booked for the same 2 sailings.

I was able to find the same balcony on both, deck 6 on the hump.

Edited by Blizzard54

9 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

We are booked for the same 2 sailings.

I was able to find the same balcony on both, deck 6 on the hump.

There are actually a ton of balconies 2D (same room)  that are available for both those sailings.  I wonder if the person was looking at the slightly cheaper 4D category which can be problematic as there are under 15 of that category available in total so it can be difficult for B2B in the same cabin

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are actually a ton of balconies 2D (same room)  that are available for both those sailings.  I wonder if the person was looking at the slightly cheaper 4D category which can be problematic as there are under 15 of that category available in total so it can be difficult for B2B in the same cabin

could be.

I see a very good  price for the Ultimate Dinning Package.  When I tried to book it it says not available.

14 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

could be.

I see a very good  price for the Ultimate Dinning Package.  When I tried to book it it says not available.

I saw that too and got the same message when I tried to book it. RCI shouldn't tease us like that. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I had a deck 10 JS that was "touched".  Full refurbish?   No. 

New decor like covers on the sofa, new cover on chair cushions but chair frame was original, new drapes, new artwork, new carpet.  The bathroom hardly looked touched.  Built in desk area and closets were not replaced.  

What do you consider refurbished?

BTW - Mariner cabins were not "touched" - they looked the same as they always did before the AMP.  

I was watching a YouTube video and thought the bathroom looked outdated.  I know there are some modern cabins on the Mariner but those cabins weren't there before it was amped. 

11 minutes ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

I was watching a YouTube video and thought the bathroom looked outdated.  I know there are some modern cabins on the Mariner but those cabins weren't there before it was amped. 

Like Freedom class there are newly added cabins on decks 11 and 12 forward.  There are also some interior on lower decks near the aft elevators that were added here and there.  Navigator received some of these newer cabins before the amp and more during the amp.  For example I stayed in in a deck 11 "panoramic ocean view" a month before Navigator went in for the amp. 

These cabins are completely new with new bathrooms and all.  I've also stayed in an Liberty interior that was added before amps existed.  They definitely feel newer.

When possible I look in these areas.

• Like 1