UK Only Viking Venus Cruise

NeilP57

I agree. It would be great if Viking Ocean would consider a few UK based itineraries in 2022/2023 for us UK customer that prefer not to fly.

I think there would be a large market for this, especially with Viking being over 18's only.

I agree too!  So long as they didn't change the menus or ambience in any way to cater for 'us Brits' I would book a round trip like a shot.  Preferably from Greenwich.  We've done three Viking ocean cruises, one of which started in Greenwich, and the other finished there, and it was a wonderful experience.  Easily accessible by train from North of Watford (😉) and inexpensive hotels in which to extend the holiday giving time to explore London and see the family.

My ideal would be a round trip of maybe 3 weeks to Northern Norway and back, calling at Orkney and Shetland along the way. Come on Viking... we know you're watching.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, arlowood said:

It would seem that the 3 UK based cruises have "sold out" in a very short time.

As a fan of Viking cruises, both river and ocean, my hope is that the obvious demand from UK based customers will be a hint to Viking that at least a proportion of their annual itineraries could feature round trip cruising from a UK port.

Many of us are now at an age where the hassle and stress of international flights is one factor that we would rather avoid as part of our cruise planning.

It might sound a tad selfish to our transatlantic and antipodean colleagues but I'm sure they would not grudge us a few UK based cruises each year.

It is quiet clear that P&O UK is moving its passenger demographic to a younger family clientele with the introduction of larger ships and the threat to sell of the smaller adult-only ships.

If that trend continues then Viking could benefit from a large swathe of disaffected P&O customers.

We agree.  Admittedly we already have a round-Britain in 2022 with Regent, but Britain offers a wide range and variety of ports of call.  Bring it on!  We do hope our American cousins will want to join in, as we enjoy their company.

• Like 3

On 3/25/2021 at 10:24 AM, Jammy Bun said:

I can't answer your question - but remain amazed that such a small place as the Scilly Islands would be welcoming(?) a cruise ship at this point. 

Tresco is now shown as the included tour on the Isles of Scilly.  

3 hours ago, MikeD1000 said:

I am still unable to get into myvikingjourney to book anything.  Is everyone else in the same position?

We're booked for 29 May. Myvikingjourney saying

Coming Soon

My Viking Journey is currently unavailable as we put the finishing touches on your voyage.

Other booked cruises showing normally. Friends we are traveling with get the same message. I guess Viking haven't got it all sorted yet.

10 hours ago, kcpvwill said:

Tresco is now shown as the included tour on the Isles of Scilly.  

I initially was very interested in doing this cruise, but in the end we decided against doing it because we were unable to go and explore on our own. 

We had always wanted to visit the the Isles of Scilly so we have gone ahead and booked a week in the Isles of Scilly at the same time as Viking are visiting. We are even staying at the Star Castle Hotel on St Mary’s which is mentioned in two of the four excursions listed. 

The irony is not lost on me, so I may start a new thread “view from ashore” and capture how it feels to be invaded by marauding cruise passengers. Seriously, will probably chose to go and explore one of the other, even quieter, islands, weather permitting. We will also visit Tresco to see the lovely gardens but certainly not on the day Viking will be there. 

• Haha 1

I haven’t been able to sign in for My Viking journey for this cruise either. 
I did phone Viking and the lady said it would be within the next 10 days or so. 
Frustrating as we are waiting to book excursions and restaurants etc

• Like 1

Last time I tried I also had a message that the site (which we couldn't access) was "read only".

Another Viking thread suggested that this happened when a cruise was about to be cancelled.  I do hope not, but it was an ominous message.  We'd dearly want to do this cruise, but nobody we have phoned seems to have any answer to why myvikingjourney should suddenly be offline just when cruises are about to restart.  Typically those we can phone never seem to have any knowledge about what is happening and why the site is out of action.

Last time we phoned we were told that it would be active by Thursday.  We'll see! 

as of this morning MVJ now operational for this cruise.

our plan was to take three of the “extra” excursions - 2 hikes and The Beatles experience .... total cost for 2 of us is £694 ..... so we changed our plan and will purchase Silver drinks package instead.

I'm a little bit surprised to see that all of the non-included excursions are marked as "This Shore Excursion is only available for purchase onboard the ship." - I hope that this doesn't mean big queues on the Saturday for passengers wanting to book excursions.

That said, £134 per person for a walk seems to be quite expensive ...

8 hours ago, portisheadblue said:

The Beatles experience is £144pp

lizard Hike is £134pp

jurassic hike is £134pp

Thank you very much for sharing. In isolation they do seem on the high side. I hope the sun shines!