3-18-21 Thursday Weigh-In------Are Spring Loss's Ahead For You?

Belle

Spring is in two days

Will you have more loss's on Thursdays

Does Spring help you get slimmer

Thinking of Summer you want to get thinner

County's are opening more

Does it make you want to go out the door

Does it make you think of exercises you like

Walking, running, a gym or riding a bike

Does it help you to eat lighter

Because the sun is brighter

Wishing every week you have a Loss

So show the pounds who's the BOSS:classic_cool:

I'm up 1.5 this week. We've had salty meals the last couple nights (pot roast and taco night), and I had ice cream last night. Ironically, cake has never been my favorite dessert. Also, after you try 50 recipes to find the perfect vanilla cake and repeat for 14 different flavors, you really don't want to eat it anymore. 🤪

Hello everyone,

Belle, great poem, thanks.

I stayed the same.

Mel, oops on the gain. Sounds like you had great food though. Sometimes we need a little splurge....

Yes, with all that cake, I wouldn't want anymore either.

Jan, stay the same is ok. Glad you got your first shot.

Rainy day here today. Good for my roses and veggies seeds. 

Hope everyone does well this week. 

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Good Morning - thanks for the poem Belle!

Mel - so sorry you gained, but I think I need to have pot roast next week - comfort food at its best!

I had my first shot yesterday - With all the odd allergies that I have I was so apprehensive about having it - I had no reaction, no swelling or redness.  I feel as if a weight has fallen off (no pun intended).  Three weeks from now will be the final one.

I really thought I would be up today, as on Monday when I finally weighed myself I was done .... but, today I stayed the same - I will take it.  Would love to start actually losing!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Jan

HI all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread. We'll have to see what Spring brings.

melmar02 ~ unfortunately I have you beat, up 2 lbs!! I guess it was pasta, pastries & peanut butter pretzels this time, with a touch of chocolate.

Jan, did you need a doctor's note to get the shot seeing as you have allergies or did you have the vaccine at the doctor's office?

Jan & DIana ~ great for staying the same.

Have a  nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Jan & Diana, I also stayed the same. Welcome change from being up several weeks in a row

Jo & Mel, you'll correct that gain in no time

2 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

I had no reaction, no swelling or redness

Thank you for that input. Have any of you had a reaction? I'm getting anxious waiting for my vaccine of choice. It doesn't seem to be getting here.

Jo - Our vaccination site was one that is run by the hospital (it is a hospital that has bought up all sorts of other hospitals in the state).  They did a wonderful job - they are open twice per week (I think) and they have appointment every ten minutes for a large number of people.  Not sure how many they have per 10 minutes - you have to register on a Monday for that week - they get booked up within a very short time - I was lucky and had my son-in-law do all the on-line work - saved me a lot of frustration!

It was held at the local arena (basketball, concerts, etc.).  When you got there you sat in your car and turned into a radio station that announced when your turn was (i.e. 12:30 appointments could go in at 12:20).  They were a well oiled machine and I was so impressed.  I sat with a nurse and talked about my allergies (tetanus, penicillin, sulfa, Motrin, etc. etc. and lots of foods too)  and they didn't seem to concern her - they made me wait 15 minutes before I could leave.

I received the Pfizer shot, so have to go back in 3 weeks.   Jan 

• Like 1

Belle thanks for the motivation.

Mel and Jo  — Sorry for the gains.  I’m so thankful for this forum... keeps me on track  and gains are only small.

Diana, Jan, Ombud  — same is good.

I’m anxious for next week hoping will be close to the 5# goal.

My body is rebellious this week   —- having several hot flashes daily (was done with “change” 30 years ago).  On top of that insomnia has set in —- sleeping about 2-3hrs a night.  Not tired or napping during the day.   (I stay in bed —-specifically not to bother Jazzpers sleep.  

chilly this morning able walk 2.3 miles this am.  

Getting excited have dates for Montana July 2-9.   

Diana, Jan, Ombud - Same is good.

Izena, I feel like I've had an "off" week too. Just not quite feeling right. I'm sure it's the antibiotic I'm on, or maybe I'm still getting used to the time change. 

Jo, sorry you're up. 

@Ombud I just got my second Pfizer vaccine this afternoon. So far, no side effects, but it was just an hour ago. I'll let you know how I'm feeling tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Bad news bears for me...I gained a pound this week.  We are keeping our 2 year old granddaughter this week and too much early Easter candy around😁.  Mel glad no problem with second vaccine.  The second one got me pretty badly.  Just got an email that Celebrity is going to sail from St Marten in June.  They are requiring vaccines.  I hope that will be the norm for awhile.  Although I'm not signing up to fly to St Marten to cruise.  Maybe things are at least headed toward a better time.

Susan, sorry you gained. Chasing around a toddler will help it come right back off!

Royal Caribbean is also going to start sailing from Nassau. We're not ready until the kids can get vaccinated too, so it will most likely be 2022 until we set foot on a gangway again. 

There's a 2 man crew here today installing the tile and coping. It's nice to see some movement out there!

Hi Everyone,

FYI from me.....I'm taking a cruisecritic break. Sorry, I'm bored and tired of talking about nothing. 

Sadly I'm so doubtful cruises will sail from the U.S. for many months, maybe not even in 2021. I'm not even sure about our 2 cruises in 2022.

When it looks like hubby and I will be able to cruise again I'll be back. 

Thanks Belle for the poems and everyone for the support. 

Stay well, Diana

• Like 1

Diana you will be missed but know how you feel. Wish you wouldn't leave.

Did everyone see 2 cruise lines are sailing in June from the Caribbean. Vaccines needed.

Well it's a start, wonder what the air fare is? Wish they would start in the USA.

See we did the up's and down's and stayed the same this week.  Why so hard to LOSE

when so easy to GAIN!

Glad the vaccines are happening for most of you. Will be nice when everyone has them.

I was the same this week.

2 hours ago, Belle said:

Did everyone see 2 cruise lines are sailing in June from the Caribbean. Vaccines needed.

Well it's a start, wonder what the air fare is? Wish they would start in the USA.

I checked earlier today because I was curious like you. DFW to Nassau, flying in on Saturday and out the following Sunday was about $500 per person.

Same is good. I've been creeping up for a few days now. Pretty sure it's the antibiotic...or maybe some ice cream. Nah, couldn't be that.😆

Our Celebrity Millie cruise in September from the West Coast is apparently going to the Caribbean for a home port - Our cruise has been canceled.  I am very disappointed.  Now just hope our NCL to Bermuda in August goes.  So far 4 cruises have canceled - still have 5 left ... It is getting really sad.

Diana - I understand your feeling, I too am having a hard time without having things to talk about/cruises, etc.  I will try to keep plugging away.  Jan

Jan sorry your cruise is canceled, hope the others go. Know disappointing for you.

Like you I've had 8 cruises canceled (b2b's)  going to cancel 3 myself (b2b's again)

if they don't first in July but still have

4 still booked going in Oct. Nov and Dec. Hope they go.

Please keep plugging along Jan can't lose you too. All we can do until things get better.

I would miss you very much.

Things to talk about---son took my car for oil change was a surprise, just said

take your car in.  Him and my daughter coming over for lunch Sat.  Seeing them more then

normal with all this going on.  At the beginning of everything really kept our distance then

started having lunch on the patio once a month.  No one knew what was going on with virus.

Daughter food shops for me but this all will end with the shots.

I've been very spoiled, will miss it.

Mel  that a lot for air fare plus the cruise, don't think the cruises will be cheap because

only one ship sailing, same for X in St. Martin.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Thanks Belle!

My kids have been checking in daily as we got the first shot and they have concerns ... they are so sweet!  

We have a timeshare that we are going to go to in April ... we will have had both shots by then.  They have done everything well, they are keeping clubhouse closed and people are allowed to use the pool for 45 minutes (sign up) and then they clean everything for the next group of people.  We will probably do a lot of walking and playing cards and just relaxing away from the house.  DD & family will stay at our house and take care of the dog.  I'm sure we will spend time in Bar Harbor ... I just hope it isn't a week where we have lots of snow and cold, or rainy and wet!!  Never know around here what the weather will be like.

I am thinking about booking a cruise with Royal for the canceled Celebrity cruise - it will be my birthday week, but not sure if I should plan on being able to cruise in September.  The state is opening up shots to everyone over 16 or 18 (not sure which) next month .... Hopefully people will decide to get it.  

It is a little after 3 am here - I probably should head back to bed .... I'm having a difficult time sleeping, so thought I'd get on the computer for awhile ... and hopefully I can relax and sleep.  Talk with all tomorrow.  Jan

Diana I understand and hope you will be back soon.

i booked flights to Montana.  What a shock.   There were only 2 options.  UNITED —Houston - Denver- Billings  round trip $850.  Problem tight connections.

AMERICAN   Houston -DFW- Billings.  Had to do afternoon with 9pm arrival in order to get long  connections.  I opted for 3+ hour connections.  American chronically has late / delayed flights.  Plus I have to go from terminal A to E satellite.  It has been over 20  years since I have been at DFW ,  I get crazy at airports — so will be less stressful if I’m not rushed. 
I used miles for trip. 

I may take a break from dog park (Dp).  I comply with rules and expect the same   From others.    Yesterday as I was leaving Dp two different people were coming into small side  one with a BULLY  the other English Bulldog, both well over 25 lbs.   I am on first name basis with park rangers and constables.  I left without reporting.  

it’s been chilly in the mornings 43 today.  Nice walking weather. 

waiting to hear about the first ACL  that cruised this week.

Hello on this Sunday Morning 

Hope you all had a good Sat. My kids came over for lunch, they went

though a few more things I had put out.  We even clean out a closet, well more 

like a linen closet that had other things in it.  What's nice, their 11 and 1/2 years

apart in age. So it's nice seeing them spending time together when their here.

Were the only family we have.  My daughter calls often, my son too but as much.

Jan what's funny my son has time shares too and I'm going with him to one for

a few days at the end of April.

I think the Royal cruises will be going if it's one their going now, to being now in June.

Looked good but don't want to pay that much to fly plus cruise for just 7days. If

could do a b2b, can't yet.

Izena glad you have your trip planned and have your air fare. I know air fare is so high

in USA, not many planes flying. So they raise their prices.

Sorry about the dog park, those dogs could hurt the small dogs. If you go again and

it happens, report them.

Hope everyone is doing good as possible. Know some days better than others in

mind and body.  Things will get better-----I know the Question is When?

Me again.  No one talking today. Busy?

Hope you had a good Sunday. I've had a pretty much lazy day. Did

what I had to but not much else.

Hope to see people here on Monday and say how your weekend was--

busy wise or eating wise.

Belle - I did ok with eating today - but, had a few glasses of wine!   Did I tell you I booked a cruise yesterday?  We are going to do the Symphony of the Seas (Royal) - has two port and two private island days - this one will be  enjoying the ship and sitting in the sun.  We will do this right before Christmas. 

Went to see our oldest son today - My kids have become so protective - they worry out us and covid - he and his family still have antibodies from having it - he has suggested that once we get the second shot that we all have dinner together (spacing will still be important) - I always think of my kids as my kids and I get surprised when I realize they are actually adults!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!  Jan

Jan congrats on booking the cruise to go before Christmas. Jan we're planning

the same things lately, I have a cruise before Christmas too.🌞

Hoping they both go. Sure yours will but mine is from a USA port. So who knows?

I know when did our-- children become adults?😄  Their our babies!

Same here we're careful, sit distance away and wear masks at all time

except when eating.

I was busy working this weekend. Tasting and birthday cake drop offs on Saturday and that rescheduled open house was on Sunday. Most everyone wore a mask. I'm not fully vaccinated for another week and a half, but I will say I felt better about being around people since I've had my second shot. I already got one booking out of the open house, and Saturday's tasting is booking with me too.

I was good yesterday at the open house - the caterers bring enough for the vendors (I bring enough for them too). I just opened and closed my window early and had a little snack of what they brought instead of a full plate. I didn't snack after dinner last night either. I may have pouted about it, but I didn't do it. 

I'm getting in touch with the travel agent for my October cruise to officially cancel today. I hate to do it, but I just don't see my youngest getting his vaccine by then. We still have February '22 in the Caribbean, June '22 in Alaska, and April '23 in the Caribbean on the books. I think the February ports might change. Grand Cayman is one of the stops, and they closed the port for the rest 2021. I could see them extending that depending on how well the world is vaccinated by then. Oh well, we like the western Caribbean too!

Mel you had a busy weekend. Glad you got some orders from it.

You really did good on the eating.

Sorry you have to cancel your cruise but it's nice you have others booked.

We're all missing our cruises, tired of booking and then they cancel or

we have to because they changed things.

I wonder of us here---Who will be the first to cruise?

Hope everyone is doing alright.  Know the days are just going by, not exciting,

it will get better in a few months I hope.

Take care