How are the Swans doing 2021

29 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Glad to have helped. The Swans are off to the Gold Coast for their next game. Pencil in a win. 😉

LOL. Not doing that--I thought we would this week and we all know how that turned out 😮

18 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

uh oh. Maybe Buddy's time to help the Swan's is nearing the end??

Perhaps, Buddy's 9 year $10million contract ends at the end of 2022. He is 34 and has had a bad run of injuries over the past few years.

Leigh

On 4/17/2021 at 3:02 PM, NoWhiners said:

Keeping my fingers crossed, I am going to try and listen to the game but it's on late here!

Go Swans!

Any other arial ping pong fans in North America?

Up 100 with a couple of minutes to go, wow. Almost makes the Swans look competitive. Almost.

On a more somber note, I see that today is ANZAC day. I watched some of the dawn services from Currumbin and Canberra--very moving. We cruised past Gallipoli on a Black Sea cruise back in 2013. Lest We Forget.

ML

Edited by NoWhiners
add info
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We participated in the Light the dawn as tickets to the Canberra ceremony was severely restricted again, only 4200 allowed to attend.crazy when you can get 80,000 plus at the football.

That must have been nice. I love the way you remember your war casualties down under. Better than the way we do it. I saw some news stories saying that it didn't make sense to limit the ANZAC day ceremonies when football allows bigger crowds. I have to admit, it seems inconsistent.

14 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We went to the wineries near here for the afternoon( had the SIL down from Sydney) and had lunch at the Murrumbateman Country Inn (pub) and they had two up going. Very loud and lots of happy people losing their money.

In all my years I've never been to a two-up game. I guess I made up for that by running Crown and Anchor games while on exercises at Shoalwater Bay.

• Like 2

The good old days of the two up school in Broken Hill. Special note for Les.  I remember when Henry K's wife had a pregnant craving for a Chiko roll at 2am and tne only place open was the greasy cafe at the two up.  He had to go down and get a Chiko roll.  Of course the police did not know about the illegal two up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

That's an interesting history. I love the line about Aussies betting on 2 flies crawling up a wall. It's a great idea that profits are donated to charities in some places.

Thanks for (another) the link!

A lesser known name for two-up is Swy. Derived from German zwei for two as two coins are used.

Any gambling is illegal until governments can find a way to tax it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

A lesser known name for two-up is Swy. Derived from German zwei for two as two coins are used.

Any gambling is illegal until governments can find a way to tax it.

Ain't that the truth 😁

• Haha 1