How are the Swans doing 2021

I got so excited--there will be 3 AFL games on tonight. Starting at 9:30, my time, Suns--Saints, then Roos-Pies and then Port--Crows. Tomorrow it will be Lions-Dockers. All these games, but no Swans 😭😁

I sure hope Buddy doesn't gum things up, I think this will be a very tough game for the Swans. At least they are home.

Go Swans!

29 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

I sure hope Buddy doesn't gum things up, I think this will be a very tough game for the Swans. At least they are home.

Go Swans!

Sorry NoWhiners but I think the game has been moved to Queensland due to the "outbreak of 2" in Sydney so no home advantage.  Will be replaced by a home game at a later stage.

Oh no. Thanks for the update. Hmm, this seems bad-- a weakened Buddy, not at home, vs undefeated team. What could go wrong?

What happened, I thought you had the rona under control down under? I did read about a guy who was infected and went all over looking for grilling supplies. Is this the cause?

Go Swans!

Yep he is the one.  He has also infected his wife and as far as I know haven't found out where he caught it. 

Some of the Sydney coaching staff ate at one of the restaurants he had visited and so they could not travel with the team on Thursday but I understand they have now been able to join them after several tests.

You know the powers that be are paranoid down under.

I read they don't know how he got it--doesn't work anywhere  he could have picked it up. It's tough to be a coach, all kinds of hazards 😁

I didn't know the powers were paranoid but even paranoids have enemies!

Sorry NoWhiners they have come to Melbourne not Queensland and will be playing at the MCG.  My mistake. It was 3 assistant coaches who got caught in the mess.

Sometimes it is to do with where the team will be playing next week as well in case they get caught up in quarantine problems.  Different states have different rules.  Things change all the time over here.  I am over it, just can't keep up with red zones/amber zones and green zones.  Sydney travel bubble with NZ has burst at the moment!!!

Good luck

Yep, no worries. I actually went back to read the recent posts and Docker posted they are playing at MCG. (That Docker is always on top of things!). 

It does seem sort of confusing. If you are confused, imagine how this many-time-zones-away American looses track.

Thanks for the good thoughts.

Go Swans!

Edited by NoWhiners
correction

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Swans had their chances

Seems like the score was close enough they could have won it. Anyone know how Buddy played? Was he a help or a hindrance?

21 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Yes they did. It was a tough game. Some happy members of my family after the Dees win.

Leigh

Happy for the family. Bad week for the Bombers 😞 

31 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Seems like the score was close enough they could have won it. Anyone know how Buddy played? Was he a help or a hindrance?

Happy for the family. Bad week for the Bombers 😞 

Thanks ML, James and Imogen went to the game but Rob didn't, he went to local football instead. Bombers had their chances and I was actually quite happy with how they played. We have some some really good first year players and I am enjoying watching them play, win or lose.

Buddy didn't kick any goals, had 5 kicks, I handball, and 3 marks. The Melbourne defence seemed to have him well covered most of the night. It was also, because of the rain, not the best conditions for Buddy's marking game - ball was very slippery.

Leigh

Leigh

That's a good attitude, makes it more enjoyable to watch. Nice that you are able to go out to the games. Probably the secret is out on Buddy, so everyone covers him! 🙂 I didn't realize it rained, so that didn't help us. On to next week.

So excited--I get to see the Swans game later tonight. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that was the first game, followed by Suns-Lions. Tomorrow night will be Eagles-Crows, but probably too  late for me to stay up.

Go Swans!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1