Fall or Later Restart in US

FLAHAM

19 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Officials in Miami have declared a state of emergency after huge crowds gathered on beaches to celebrate spring break.
We have the same problem in London, and we are in lockdown, looking like forever now!!

Watching the news, it's much more than the virus spreading.  The "kids" are far beyond spring break fun now.  They are pretty much rioting as they wish...in the name of just having fun of course, to which they are entitled.  Of course........  

20 hours ago, roger001 said:

Watching the news, it's much more than the virus spreading.  The "kids" are far beyond spring break fun now.  They are pretty much rioting as they wish...in the name of just having fun of course, to which they are entitled.  Of course........  

I see Miami  called up SWAT teams to help the young persons contain their enthusiasm a bit.  That's just not fair.   

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, roger001 said:

I see Miami  called up SWAT teams to help the young persons contain their enthusiasm a bit.  That's just not fair.   

Maybe the Governor I Florida shouldn't have said come on down and party Lol

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Then what's the point of the vaccine?  Asking for a friend...

An oversimplification you can tell your friend:  You get vaccinated to protect yourself and to contribute to herd immunity. You wear a mask to protect others in case you are infected.  Vaccines are not 100% foolproof. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mianmike said:

An oversimplification you can tell your friend:  You get vaccinated to protect yourself and to contribute to herd immunity. You wear a mask to protect others in case you are infected.  Vaccines are not 100% foolproof. 

Presume that with everyone vaccinated (herd immunity) then the masks can be removed only

in that area say on a entire cruise ship after leaving a masked port facility.

So shore excursions would require the mask unless everyone at the facility has had the shot(s).

It won't be perfect and getting 100% a real tough objective - there will be cheaters fraudsters

and shot spammers (they are already here and among us) pushing their ilk on the travel public.

It took a long time to cure Polio Small Pox - Covid 19 maybe shorter but certainly not for this

or the next cruise season - there will be restrictions and requirements to be met before a

significant level of herd immunity is sustained.

Wearing the mask is a two way preventive measure -

1 protects you from others who may or may not be masked - had shot(s) or otherwise

2 protects others from you even if you are infected and had shots

If when cruising restarts and the requirement is for everyone (crew and guests) to have had

the shot(s) there will still be an extreme small percentage of guests (and crew) that may have

issues and need to be quarantined on board or dismissed from the ship to maintain the

integrity of a virus free cruise.

Be prepared for these minor inconveniences when cruising resumes - - -

SOON AND I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER !

Gasp !

Cough !

Gotta get me cruise FIX - I already have had my shots - I am ready ! 

• Like 2

Getting back on point, I would put my chips on cruising resuming in the USA in early Fall.  I vote for Nov 1 which is actually 1 year after they thought they would resume this time last year.  Many keep forgetting this will be a gradual process.

1.  Let the cruises start off US Shore and if there are no issues, that is huge for starting earlier

2.  If Covid deaths and infections crash the way many suspect once 65% of the US population is vaccinated, that will facilitate cruising resuming

3. US needs to snuff out these pockets of major spread.  Florida still has about 35-40 people dying daily from Covid.  I know its down from last year but that is still too many.

4.  The more people vaccinated and wearing masks will help cruising start earlier

5.  No more political footballs with Covid.  If a business wants to require masks or vaccine passports that is their right.  If you dont want to comply, you dont have to cruise.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mianmike said:

You wear a mask to protect others in case you are infected.

No scientific evidence that I've seen that masks do anything to curb the spread or the virus.  I have, however, seen plenty of scientific evidence to suggest that masks are ineffective.

29 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

No scientific evidence that I've seen that masks do anything to curb the spread or the virus.  I have, however, seen plenty of scientific evidence to suggest that masks are ineffective.

You need to quickly show the authorities that are restricting us the "evidence" that is available to be "seen", as you have done.  I wonder why they haven't "seen" it also.  Gather your sources of factual evidence and whop it on them.  

• Like 5

CDC is under no pressure to alter the CSO.  IMO no cruise ships will be allowed to sail from US during the CSO...and there is no guarantee it will be allowed to simply expire.  Think about that.  Everyone assumed whenever the No Sail Order “expired” last year, all would be greenlighted.  No, it was replaced with CSO which still does allow any revenue sailing.  Why do we assume best case scenario?

8 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I won't waste your time or my time trying to persuade you the millions of scientists, doctors and nurses throughout history who have relied on masks knew what they were and are doing.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mianmike said:

I won't waste your time or my time trying to persuade you the millions of scientists, doctors and nurses throughout history who have relied on masks knew what they were and are doing.  

Completely agree with you on that.  The type of masks worn by the medical community are far better and more reliable than the cotton face mask pack of 4 I bought...I think made by Hanes.  Surely, you agree there is a difference.  My bad for not being more specific about the type of masks to which I was referring.  I certainly applaud the face mask measures donned by our medical community.

20 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Completely agree with you on that.  The type of masks worn by the medical community are far better and more reliable than the cotton face mask pack of 4 I bought...I think made by Hanes.  Surely, you agree there is a difference.  My bad for not being more specific about the type of masks to which I was referring.  I certainly applaud the face mask measures donned by our medical community.

Oh good.  I thought you were arguing the public shouldn't wear masks.  Hopefully most people understand a poor mask is a waste.  Don't you just hate the anti-mask ignorance being spewed on the internet?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mianmike said:

Oh good.  I thought you were arguing the public shouldn't wear masks.  Hopefully most people understand a poor mask is a waste.  Don't you just hate the anti-mask ignorance being spewed on the internet?  

Hopefully most people understand a poor mask is a waste. 

Well not a COMPLETE waste - there will be some degree of protection for the wearer and others

in the vicinity. Washing Laundering of masks may also be of help to a degree.

NOT wearing any mask or filtering device certainly will not help at all.

Everyone can contribute to the success of defeating this virus - - -

If you can't be part of the solution Please stay away - far away from the those who do !

• Like 1