Jump to content

RCL is Sailing Out of the Bahamas, When Will Regent (NCL) Start Up?


Recommended Posts

Two sentences caught my eye from this CC article published today

 

"At this point, the U.S. stands apart in having made little to no effort to restart cruises – even though the vaccine rollout is going well"

 

"The three lines under Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings -- Norwegian, Oceania and Regent Seven Seas -- have not released any plans, yet, to resume cruising"

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

"The three lines under Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings -- Norwegian, Oceania and Regent Seven Seas -- have not released any plans, yet, to resume cruising"

 

FIRE FDR

 

I have 269 nights booked with Regent with 106 nights fully paid for so I think I qualify as a "cheerleader;" however, this lack of initiative by NCLH management has gone on long enough.

Edited by mrlevin
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 10:00 AM, mrlevin said:

Great news!  Will be even better news when Oceania and Regent cancellations (and future new cruises) are added.

Or...they realize there is no headway to be made with the CDC and are applying their efforts elsewhere.

 

I guess only time will tell if it was the correct choice or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Or...they realize there is no headway to be made with the CDC and are applying their efforts elsewhere.

 

I guess only time will tell if it was the correct choice or not.

That is what I meant; that they cancelled existing itineraries to free up ships to sail elsewhere.  Five NCL ships cancelled and freed up; as far as I can tell no Oceania nor Regent ships have been freed up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I don't think they plan to "free up" Regent....just NCL.

 

Another sign of gross incompetence.  At least get Oceania running.

Edited by mrlevin
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have questions. With these cruises that have nothing to do with US ports (or CDC), what rules and protocols will apply? I know that RCL will require all adult passengers to be vaccinated and all children to have negative tests. But will the crew also be vaccinated?  Will they sail at reduced capacity? Will there be any mask requirements?  Will they visit any ports? Will passengers be allowed to enter ports other than on a ship’s excursion?  Does anybody know?

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few of the answers I have gleaned from the various cruise lines starting up:

Vaccinations will be required for crew.

There will be capacity constraints as they appear to be only selling balcony cabins and up.

There will probably still be mask requirements initially (out of an abundance of caution), but hopefully those can be dropped after a while.

I have heard about the Crystal sailings in the Bahamas that passengers will be allowed to go ashore independently while of course following all Bahamian rules re: masks, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BBWC said:

A few of the answers I have gleaned from the various cruise lines starting up:

Vaccinations will be required for crew.

There will be capacity constraints as they appear to be only selling balcony cabins and up.

There will probably still be mask requirements initially (out of an abundance of caution), but hopefully those can be dropped after a while.

I have heard about the Crystal sailings in the Bahamas that passengers will be allowed to go ashore independently while of course following all Bahamian rules re: masks, etc.

Will they need a negative Covid test to go ashore in the Bahamas? Royal Caribbean you need a vax plus the negative Covid test to go to Bahamas to begin the cruise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

Will they need a negative Covid test to go ashore in the Bahamas? Royal Caribbean you need a vax plus the negative Covid test to go to Bahamas to begin the cruise. 

They will require a negative PCR test up to 72 hours before landing in the Bahamas, per Bahamas regulations.  Crystal also will do a test before passenger get off the ship, per US regulations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

According to this Cruise Critic article:

 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5206/?et_cid=3416591&et_rid=16977642&et_referrer=Boards

 

Regent is scheduled to start sailing on 1 JUL 2021.  However, no details as to whether all ships will commence at this time or if it will be a staggered schedule.  Interestingly, the Regent web page has no info (slow day at work).  It gives us a glimmer of hope for our eastern Med cruise in October.  Let's hope so because I need a cruise fix pronto.  It's been way too long since my last Regent cocktail.

 

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who think that Regent should just avoid U.S. ports, how would that work for travel there and back?  At the moment a PCR test within 72 hours of still a requirement to enter the U.S., I believe.  And for many of the embarkation ports this would be true as well.  So the logistics of getting to, say, Barcelona, or Venice for a cruise would be formidable.  Not to mention that the airlines have limited flights still, right?

 

I don't see getting around all of this anytime soon.  (It's even worse for Canada--if I flew to Europe for a cruise, I'd have to have that pre-flight test, then spend 3 nights in a quarantine hotel on my return, then go home under strict self-isolation for the remainder of 14 days.) Doesn't make travel very appealing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

For those who think that Regent should just avoid U.S. ports, how would that work for travel there and back?  At the moment a PCR test within 72 hours of still a requirement to enter the U.S., I believe.  And for many of the embarkation ports this would be true as well.  So the logistics of getting to, say, Barcelona, or Venice for a cruise would be formidable.  Not to mention that the airlines have limited flights still, right?

 

I don't see getting around all of this anytime soon.  (It's even worse for Canada--if I flew to Europe for a cruise, I'd have to have that pre-flight test, then spend 3 nights in a quarantine hotel on my return, then go home under strict self-isolation for the remainder of 14 days.) Doesn't make travel very appealing.

 

Wendy, are these the Canadian rules for summer travel or the current rules?  If the current rules, why would you not think they would evolve over the next six months?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Regent is scheduled to start sailing on 1 JUL 2021.

Surely this simply means that Regent have not yet cancelled their scheduled sailings beyond June 2021.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BBWC said:

And now all July cruises are waitlisted.

Hopefully they will announce the new Splendor itineraries round trip out of Piraeus (Athens) at the same time they announce July cancellations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, mrlevin said:

 

Wendy, are these the Canadian rules for summer travel or the current rules?  If the current rules, why would you not think they would evolve over the next six months?

Yes they are current rules, and yes, they will evolve, but not sure about summer, frankly.  If the U.S. rules are lifted or eased, I could see us driving to Florida for a few weeks.  But the rules for return would have to be eased--some are saying May 1st for these, but I'm not so sure.

 

And bear in mind, many Canadians lucky enough to get our first dose, won't get our second dose until summer.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 12:38 PM, mrlevin said:

Hopefully they will announce the new Splendor itineraries round trip out of Piraeus (Athens) at the same time they announce July cancellations.

 

I missed previous discussion on this topic.  We are scheduled on Voyager round trip out of Piraeus in September.  How certain is the news of Splendor taking over these itineraries?  Will Regent offer a "lift and shift" to those already booked on similar itineraries?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...