Will you Cruise from Nassau on Adventure?

Will you cruise from Nassau?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise from Nassau

• Yes
    • No

22 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Its all about you.if you are vaccinated you dont need to worry about children. Have we lost our common sense of what a vaccination is? Remain scared

Yes, happy to go on record that my travel choices are all about me. I'm not demanding that RC meet my needs, just stating that I will probably not choose to travel with children right now. If there is a cruise line that requires 100% vaccination of all passengers and crew, they will be the one that gets my money. Short of that, I will just wait. That doesn't effect you or anyone's kids. Have fun, seriously. 

• Like 2

Vacced up and ready to cruise, depending on the cruise fare of course. my boys said they would get a brain swab every day if it means they can cruise 😂

I just price checked hotels and airfare. Both are comparable to what we currently have booked to/in Seattle for an Alaskan cruise in July that we have decided not to take (even if by some miracle it does go, because of the location we don’t want to go on cruise excursions up there, we want to explore on our own). Our backup plan is an all inclusive in the Caribbean somewhere, which would cost us more in the long run since we have an FCC from last year. I would rather go on a cruise even if I’m not a fan of all the ports than go to an AI.  We already know we will hang out on the ship in Cozumel. Perfect Day is a bucket list item for my boys so they are super excited about 2 days there. Don’t know much about Grand Bahama Island but we are pretty laid back so I’m sure we can find something to do in port or on the ship. 

56 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Yes, happy to go on record that my travel choices are all about me. I'm not demanding that RC meet my needs, just stating that I will probably not choose to travel with children right now. If there is a cruise line that requires 100% vaccination of all passengers and crew, they will be the one that gets my money. Short of that, I will just wait. That doesn't effect you or anyone's kids. Have fun, seriously. 

I have no issue with unvaccinated children. The data seems to indicate they don’t build the viral load to infect others. 

M8

• Like 6

17 hours ago, kirtihk said:

It is so hard to understand irony for many people these days: the majority feels offended by absolutely everything. We live if the gray era: no taste, no smell (muzzles are included in every package), no feelings (or be aware of being accused of something), rules are dictated by bureaucrats. However, everything happened already millions times; everything passes; and this shall pass, too. 

Thanks...but I am used to the rare "other types" on these boards that seem to chime in with nothing but gloom and doom and will disagree with you on just about everything.  Those poor types have absolutely no sense of humor and no imagination.  They pretty much live to "stir the pot" to get their excitement.  😜

Luckily most of our members on these boards are helpful, positive, and fun to converse with...the others...we just simply sidestep them and move on.  😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Luckily most of our members on these boards are helpful, positive, and fun to converse with...the others...we just simply sidestep them and move on.  😉 

Amen to that. I was always raised by my parents who preached, "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all." I realize that is not the norm in today's world but I try to live by that. Good attitude to have @island lady!

• Like 2

I plan to book one of these cruises in June.  I’ve checked all the airlines and American is the only one that flies non-stop but only on Saturdays.  Since it appears these cruises will sail on Saturdays, I don’t feel comfortable flying in same day so we’ll book Chicago to Miami and Miami to Nassau.  Flying home will be non stop.

On 3/20/2021 at 9:25 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm in PA and yesterday priced a flight from phl to nassau and with american airlines it was $315, same price to fly to miami or ft. Lauderdale.  

From my airport it's more and I have very difficult connections.  The return flights are horrible.  I'm over 3 hours from PHL so that isn't an option.

3 minutes ago, fla gang said:

The airport in Nassau will be a madhouse. I don't see them being prepared for an influx of flights and cruise passengers!

An extra 2,500 people arriving or departing over two days?
image.thumb.png.e78e0d417ae4db4ab5e34855e809b43b.png

Just now, fla gang said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. We're not talking about a big airport!

But that number is less than half of what normally goes through Nassau, pre-pandemic. So yes, they most certainly can handle it. And airlines will adjust flights if they see overall tightness in capacity because of extra bookings.

The airport itself has 10 jet bridge gates including 4 that can handle a 747 and one that can handle an A380.

In 2019 they reported 1,303,711 international arrivals by air into Nassau -- bahamas_visitor_arrivals_2019_revised.pdf (tourismtoday.com)

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 6:51 PM, harkinmr said:

So these two executives have actually said that, for example, masks and social distancing are not going to be designated protocols for the Bahamas cruises, even with a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated cruise passengers?  It seems like many posters are making that assumption and it's just speculation, unless of course they said that in absolute terms.  Crystal Cruises is requiring masks and social distancing with vaccinated passengers and numerous of the cruise lines mandating vaccines in the UK are doing the same.  Hey, but what do I know.  Not anything more than other posters here.  

So I just read this article: 

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-royal-caribbean-bahamas-cruises-20210322-se76atoxvnctxoq3ysxecwqdta-story.html

Take aways:

Travelers will have to fly or find a separate water service to Nassau. Onboard capacity will be reduced. Health protocols will be in place, including mask wearing and social distancing except when sitting in restaurants or on beaches. Violations of mask-wearing rules in the Bahamas could result in a $200 fine or 30 days in prison, according to that nation’s protocols.

Bookings will be available beginning March 24. Schedules and itineraries have not been released yet, but according to Royal Caribbean, sailings will begin June 12 and run through August.

In addition, the Bahamas has its own requirements, including obtaining a Bahamas Travel Health Visa by securing a negative test five days prior to sailing, and uploading proof of it (and paying a fee) to the island’s government.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:00 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

What a classless post!

You should be grateful for those guinea pigs, they very well could be the key to cruising returning yo your backyard.

I'd volunteer to be right in the middle of that huddle if DH agreed.😊

1 hour ago, fla gang said:

The airport in Nassau will be a madhouse. I don't see them being prepared for an influx of flights and cruise passengers!

Why do you say that? Nassau is a very popular destination. The huge Atlantis resort plus others are there. They’re used to tourists. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Got2Cruise said:

Why do you say that? Nassau is a very popular destination. The huge Atlantis resort plus others are there. They’re used to tourists. 

SLS Baha Mar is up and running. If we go, that’s probably where we would stay. We have a cousin that is the Hotel Director there. 

11 hours ago, Pumbaamd said:

Our DCA has one NS RT to NAS on AA. The times of the NS's are good for cruise guests.  Have plenty of AA Miles and it looks good for us. Going to go game and give it a shot for the first sailing.

Rick 

Yes, in august at least it appears to be every day so getting there a day or two early would be easy. There is also a JetBlue NS flight. I also have miles with AA but the JetBlue flight is later so nice to have backups! Now let's see what the mask rules are...

If the politicians look at the science with all the latest information from the recent Royal Caribbean and NCL cruises and still prevent departures from New Jersey / New York in November we will not cruise until they do.

Enough cancelled cruises so far and hope November doesn't get 86'd next. 

Then on to January 2022 with fingers crossed. 

If we can fly to Florida and not board a ship it is all politics.

10 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

I was initially concerned about the amount of food and drink required, then I realized that it is not a problem for them to supply a number of resorts and shouldn’t be a problem for a ship, either.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Amen to that. I was always raised by my parents who preached, "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all." I realize that is not the norm in today's world but I try to live by that. Good attitude to have @island lady!

Thanks!  Helps keep the blood pressure down.  😄 

• Like 1