Will you Cruise from Nassau on Adventure?

Will you cruise from Nassau?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise from Nassau

• Yes
    • No

On 4/24/2021 at 8:15 AM, horric29 said:

I'm on the June 12th sailing but, as others have noted, there ARE a ton of vloggers that are going to be onboard.  Quite a few that I regularly watch are going to be onboard.

Who?

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I just saw posted elsewhere that a conference room at the British Colonial Hilton is going to be used for check in. Sorry if that is already posted

That is where we are staying. How awesome if true. 😃

40 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I just saw posted elsewhere that a conference room at the British Colonial Hilton is going to be used for check in. Sorry if that is already posted

Well, that would be mighty inconvenient for those flying in on June 12.  First take transportation from the airport, then have to again transport over to the port.  Hope they don't think we can all walk over!

38 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

That is where we are staying. How awesome if true. 😃

Nice Hotel; have stayed there about fifty times.  Close to everything, including the port.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NightOne said:

Who?

I know of some vloggers from their channel. Tony from lalidoloca, he is rooming with another vlogger named John I believe.  I think Nautical Nurse Nancy is aboard and.......gosh I know I have heard of more just can’t place them now.  Could it be parodeejay?

Eddie

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Oh, where did you hear that? I have that hotel booked as well. That would be fantastic if that was the case!!! Hopefully they will do the initial temperature checks there. I was worried about what my temp would be after walking 10 minutes to the port with luggage in the Caribbean heat. My body temperature rises if I look at a picture of the sun. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Booking It said:

Oh, where did you hear that? I have that hotel booked as well. That would be fantastic if that was the case!!! Hopefully they will do the initial temperature checks there. I was worried about what my temp would be after walking 10 minutes to the port with luggage in the Caribbean heat. My body temperature rises if I look at a picture of the sun. 🤣

The Royal Caribbean Blog that shall not be linked has an article about it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Booking It said:

The blog  This may go poof

Confirming the change is Michael Maura, the Nassau Cruise Port’s chief executive, who told The Tribune he is meeting this week with executives from Nassau Airport Development Company, the Lynden Pindling International Airport operator, to discuss the transfer of incoming cruise passengers to the downtown Nassau cruise port.

Mr. Maura said Royal Caribbean is planning to use a reception room in the British Colonial Hilton resort for check-in.

Passengers’ bags will go from there to the cruise port, where they will be screened before being placed on the vessel.

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The blog  This may go poof....

9 minutes ago, dswallow said:

The Royal Caribbean Blog that shall not be linked has an article about it. 

Thank you both for your swift replies! Things are finally starting to work in my favor!

So, my only concern is that if we book this because it's only allowing vaccinated adults (and PCR tested kids) and then 30 days out they say JK...what's our option to cancel with a refund? And what is capacity for July? I just called RC and the very nice rep couldn't answer those questions. 

58 minutes ago, stinkyenglishteacher said:

So, my only concern is that if we book this because it's only allowing vaccinated adults (and PCR tested kids) and then 30 days out they say JK...what's our option to cancel with a refund? And what is capacity for July? I just called RC and the very nice rep couldn't answer those questions. 

This is the FAQ they released when announcing the sailings. This and the Cruise With Confidence policy define your options. 

AD Bahamas FAQs (2150.com)

Edited by dswallow

16 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

I know of some vloggers from their channel. Tony from lalidoloca, he is rooming with another vlogger named John I believe.  I think Nautical Nurse Nancy is aboard and.......gosh I know I have heard of more just can’t place them now.  Could it be parodeejay?

Eddie

That doesn't sound like a LOT. 🙂

On 4/26/2021 at 1:30 PM, PTC DAWG said:

What are people seeing for the “reduced airfare” after booking...I would be flying from ATL. 

you can search on www.choiceair.com.  looking at flights from the Washington DC area flights through RC are about $40/person cheaper than Kayak.com.  but RC flights are fully refundable where Kayak isnt.  I looked at flights for the 1st 2 cruises out of Nassau in June and about 3 weeks ago the price was about $310/person and now they are $600/person.

20 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Eddie

Ben and David have booked 10 to 12 of the summer and fall cruises. Yes there will be several bloggers  not sure of all the dates of who and when. We are sure to hear and see what all of them have to say.

For those in Florida, they have subsidized flights from Orlando, Miami, and FLL for $249 on American and Bahamas Air.  For our sailing, most are $1000-2000 per person when booking on Kayak. Nothing out of TPA, so we are driving farther, but well worth it IMO. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Ben and David have booked 10 to 12 of the summer and fall cruises. Yes there will be several bloggers  not sure of all the dates of who and when. We are sure to hear and see what all of them have to say.

I watch a few of them so I get confused on which one is going where.  I think Emma from UK is going on an MSC.

Regardless, they all better BE ON THEIR A GAME, because they will be sailing vicariously with a ton of followers.

Eddie

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2021 at 5:07 AM, lovetocruise954 said:

After doing my research and watching vlogs on that specific ship and rooms, I’m going to pass. The ship is very old and the room looks dated. My issue is not that it leaves from the Bahamas, but the ship itself. As soon as the newer ships start sailing out, my family of 4 will be the first to book. 

I'm thinking you're pretty green to cruising with a statement like that.

Edited by Moltar