Will you Cruise from Nassau on Adventure?

Will you cruise from Nassau?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise from Nassau

• Yes
    • No

orville99;  Royal Caribbean info page says they will pay for your covid test to get back to US and pay for health visa.  You are responsible for Covid test to get to the Bahamas.  For me  I will wait for any type of int'l travel until things calm down.  I want to travel again where I won't need a test to enter into a country or come back to the US.

Edited by AF-1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

You have to pay to be tested where you currently are? 

have no idea. We never had a COVID test until we went to Cancun early March and needed one to come home.  I would NEVER get a test if I did not have to.  We have been traveling to Cancun and Punta Cana since August and this is the first time we had to get one so we did.  But it was free at the resort.

4 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

orville99;  Royal Caribbean info page says they will pay for your covid test to get back to US and pay for health visa.  You are responsible for Covid test to get to the Bahamas.  For me  I will wait for any type of int'l travel until things calm down.  I want to travel again where I won't need a test to enter into a country or come back to the US.

They are providing a $50 OBC per cabin to offset the cost of getting your Bahamas health passport. 

Celebrity is providing a no cost antigen test at the pier upon arrival and on the last day of the cruise to facilitate travel home and it is assumed that Royal will be providing the same. 

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We answered no. Not because of the logistics of getting to Nassau from Orlando - it's only a short hop through Miami to get there and back, it's because if there is any outbreak (no matter how minor or how few passengers are affected), we doubt the Bahamian government will permit the ship to dock in Nassau at the end of the cruise. The other issue is the PCR test requirement for entering (re-entering) the Bahamas. We can't find anything that says the ship have the ability to do the type of PCR tests that the Bahamas requires. I doubt that "rapid" tests will satisfy the Bahamian government.

The entire purpose behind the vaccination mandate is that there will be no "outbreak" on board. 

You really thing RCI put all these cruises together, only to fond put later that the testing they are conducting will be inadequate to return to Nassau at the conclusion of the cruise??  Come on man!!

You are just looking to make up excuses!

Passenger capacity hasn't been mentioned, unlike what we've known while cruising from the US when it begins. Perhaps the Bahamian Government doesn't have any regulations stating whether or not the ship can be at full or 50-75% capacity. Celebrity's Millenium that's been recently overhauled will begin their voyages from St. Marteen and do the A-B-C's for one of their itineraries in a few more months with attractive ports. I'm Loyal to Royal but Celebrity came out with better itineraries, none which I'll be taking. St. Marteen requires a Covid Test Certificate within three days proof upon entering their country.

• Like 1

That it is even possible for cruises to restart in June for RCL and X in North America are in these current cirumstances a little miracle and this is a take it or leave it. There are eough costs ivolved with the ramp up and these cruises are not intended for bargain hunters. Nevevertheless there are enough people around to be happy to pay the premium and finally be able to board a ship again, even that the experience will be different in some ways than before. Masks will need to be worn, unfortunately this is not part of our lives and we will need to live with it for the time being. On the other hand enjoying a Voyager Class ship with a bit more space is also something nice. Everyone needs t ounderstand that cruising will be different than what it was before the pandemic, but this doesn't mean it will not be fun. Traveling has changed and cruising is no exception to it, who knows in the near future most things might be back to a simmilar experience they were before but for the time being we should be happy with every little step back to a new normal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Passenger capacity hasn't been mentioned, unlike what we've known while cruising from the US when it begins. Perhaps the Bahamian Government doesn't have any regulations stating whether or not the ship can be at full or 50-75% capacity. Celebrity's Millenium that's been recently overhauled will begin their voyages from St. Marteen and do the A-B-C's for one of their itineraries in a few more months with attractive ports. I'm Loyal to Royal but Celebrity came out with better itineraries, none which I'll be taking. St. Marteen requires a Covid Test Certificate within three days proof upon entering their country.

Passenger capacity will be probably at50-70%, only Balcony and above cabins will be sold at this stage.

• Like 1

I voted Yes based solely on the flight question. I already have to fly if I don't want to take a cruise that requires several days to get to the caribbean. Of course, my Yes is contingent on the restrictions (will not go if there is a mask mandate or reservations for the pool). I suspect most of the Yes votes are those that fly anyways.

32 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

What a classless post!

You should be grateful for those guinea pigs, they very well could be the key to cruising returning yo your backyard.

You totally missed my point.  I am very happy the cruise lines are finding a way to get around the strangle hold the CDC has on them with any ships leaving out of the U.S.  This will give the CDC and the cruise lines something to monitor and run as "test cruises"...but also being a much needed money maker (not just free test cruises) for the struggling cruise lines.  

My joke about "test subjects"...was just that.  A tongue in cheek reference.  If I didn't already have my summer plans booked up already.....I would have been one of them.  Having both of my May cruises cancelled was disappointing, but expected with CDC guidelines.  If allowed...I would have happily gone.  

You call that "classless"....OK.....whatever, ....so I made your day then, you are welcome.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Masks will need to be worn,

That has not yet been decided and will be released in the coming weeks.  Celebrity has stated they will have an answer before sailings are released for booking while Royal simply states that they will release the on board protocols 30 days prior to sailing. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I have no interest in reading between the lines.  RCG has stated that 100% of al the rules will be posted in the coming days before bookings open up, no one will be booking blindly. There is a tremendous amount of science to back the notion that masks and distancing will not be neccessary.

I will give you $10 if RCCL says no masks or social distancing required. This isn't going to be the case. It has already been put out there! People will.be in for a rude awakening.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

You totally missed my point.  I am very happy the cruise lines are finding a way to get around the strangle hold the CDC has on them with any ships leaving out of the U.S.  This will give the CDC and the cruise lines something to monitor and run as "test cruises"...but also being a much needed money maker (not just free test cruises) for the struggling cruise lines.  

My joke about "test subjects"...was just that.  A tongue in cheek reference.  

You call that "classless"....OK.....whatever, ....so I made your day then, you are welcome.  😄 

But universally the term "guinea pig" has been used as an insult, that's all I am saying.

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

After final payment?

Yes.  They quite possibly may be released earlier, I was just stating what the e mail said.  Since Celebrity has said they will release theirs early I expect Royal to do the same.

Don’t  forget that they can also change anything at any time if conditions warrant. New reality of cruising.  CWC still applies though.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

The Bahamas has the same entry testing requirement

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.  They quite possibly may be released earlier, I was just stating what the e mail said.  Since Celebrity has said they will release theirs early I expect Royal to do the same.

Don’t  forget that they can also change anything at any time if conditions warrant. New reality of cruising.  CWC still applies though.

Don't you think they most likely will both have the same protocols?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The entire purpose behind the vaccination mandate is that there will be no "outbreak" on board. 

You really thing RCI put all these cruises together, only to fond put later that the testing they are conducting will be inadequate to return to Nassau at the conclusion of the cruise??  Come on man!!

You are just looking to make up excuses!

You can't seriously believe that vaccinations completely eliminate the possibility of a positive PCR test. The vaccines have never been positioned by the scientists as eliminating the possibility of infection, only the significant reduction in symptoms to the point of being asymptomatic, the virtual elimination of hospitalization and/or death, or the ability to easily spread the disease.

The reality is that a vaccinated person can, and in all probability some will, test positive.

BTW, if I were looking to make up excuses, I would have focused on something for which an excuse could be made. i.e. "Woe is me, I don't have a passport"

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You can't seriously believe that vaccinations completely eliminate the possibility of a positive PCR test. The vaccines have never been positioned by the scientists as eliminating the possibility of infection, only the significant reduction in symptoms to the point of being asymptomatic, the virtual elimination of hospitalization and/or death, or the ability to easily spread the disease.

The reality is that a vaccinated person can, and in all probability some will, test positive.

BTW, if I were looking to make up excuses, I would have focused on something for which an excuse could be made. i.e. "Woe is me, I don't have a passport"

I never said a vaccinated person could not have a positives test. 

The medical and scientific reality is that in a 100% vaccinated group, transmission is restricted to the point that a positive test, or a symptomatic individual would be such a mild case, that full scale quarantine of a ship, and denied embarkation would NOT be necessary.  This is the reason for the vaccine mandate on these sailings.

• Like 2