Will you Cruise from Nassau on Adventure?

Will you cruise from Nassau?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise from Nassau

• Yes
    • No

Just now, RCLcruiser2012 said:

See screenshot and view full report. 

Screenshot_20210320-084947_Chrome.jpg

6 month old information that was put together for cruises that were sailing without all passengers being vaccinated.

on board protocols are currently being updated and will be released soon.  Not all of the Healthy sail Panels recommendations will still apply to tje new sailings.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I never said a vaccinated person could not have a positives test. 

The medical and scientific reality is that in a 100% vaccinated group, transmission is restricted to the point that a positive test, or a symptomatic individual would be such a mild case, that full scale quarantine of a ship, and denied embarkation would NOT be necessary.  This is the reason for the vaccine mandate on these sailings.

A positive test is a positive test regardless of the presence or absence of symptoms. There is no way that a government health officer(any government) would ever say, "oh that's ok, you can ignore that test because the person's not symptomatic", or, "there are no symptoms present so there's no way the person has transmitted the virus to anyone else." 

The reason for the mandate is to minimize, not eliminate, the risk.

If they implement the same rules once ships start sailing from U.S. ports, we'll be the first ones on board.

Edited by orville99

A positive PCR test does not mean you have active covid.   The inventor of the PCR test has said this. Even the NY Times has said this.  The WHO has advised that a positive test should not be the sole means for diagnosing covid.

Edited by smokeybandit

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

A positive test is a positive test regardless of the presence or absence of symptoms. There is no way that a government health officer(any government) would ever say, "oh that's ok, you can ignore that test because the person's not symptomatic", or, "there are no symptoms present so there's no way the person has transmitted the virus to anyone else." 

OK, well your understanding of immunology and virology is different than mine, as is your understanding of what this would mean to the Bahamanian government as it relates to allowing Adventure to return on a regularly scheduled debarkation.

I really think you and I are having two different conversations

6 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

OK, well your understanding of immunology and virology is different than mine, as is your understanding of what this would mean to the Bahamanian government as it relates to allowing Adventure to return on a regularly scheduled debarkation.

I really think you and I are having two different conversations

Immunology and virology are two different sciences. I've dealt with the Bahamian government in the past, and quite frankly given their past decision-making prowess, I would not even venture a guess as to how they'd treat any Covid related issue. I certainly wouldn't roll the dice given their current stance.

• Like 1

Just now, orville99 said:

Immunology and virology are two different sciences. I've dealt with the Bahamian government in the past, and quite frankly given their past decision-making prowess, I would not even venture a guess as to how they'd treat any Covid related issue. I certainly wouldn't roll the dice given their current stance.

I am well aware the immunology and virology are different sciences (although you can not understand one without the other) I spent immeasurable hours in medical school and residency (and CE since) studying both.

This is why I am confident that a positive test, on a fully vaccinated ship, while a cruise is underway, will not cause a whole ship quarantine, and will not have any effect on a regularly scheduled return and debarkation.

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

I am well aware the immunology and virology are different sciences (although you can not understand one without the other) I spent immeasurable hours in medical school and residency (and CE since) studying both.

This is why I am confident that a positive test, on a fully vaccinated ship, while a cruise is underway, will not cause a whole ship quarantine, and will not have any effect on a regularly scheduled return and debarkation.

You may want to read this before commenting further:

https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You may want to read this before commenting further:

https://www.bahamas.com/tourism-reopening

There is nothing on this site that has not already been discussed. 

If there is something specific you wish to discuss you will have to point it out to me.

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.  They quite possibly may be released earlier, I was just stating what the e mail said.  Since Celebrity has said they will release theirs early I expect Royal to do the same.

Don’t  forget that they can also change anything at any time if conditions warrant. New reality of cruising.  CWC still applies though.

Probably like yourself as well, many posters have come to the point of no longer wanted to put up anymore money for something that looks to be happening in in three months. They (as well as myself) already have cruises booked later this year and next  year. I don't see experienced cruisers continuously putting up more money until there's a lot more assurance.

13 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Probably like yourself as well, many posters have come to the point of no longer wanted to put up anymore money for something that looks to be happening in in three months. They (as well as myself) already have cruises booked later this year and next  year. I don't see experienced cruisers continuously putting up more money until there's a lot more assurance.

Big difference between putting money down on a cruise sailing from Nassau in June vs a cruise sailing out of a US port. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Big difference between putting money down on a cruise sailing from Nassau in June vs a cruise sailing out of a US port. 

No matter which port you leave from unless those interested live in Florida or the southeast part of the US, the airfare is going to hit you in your pocket. Flying to Nassau and cruising from there is redundant.  It's like wanting an good ice cream cone and going to the corner store and buying one there. It might satisfy the craving but can't compare to something much better.

I didn't vote because I really need more information, but in general Caribbean cruises have a low priority on places I would like to go, but I think until cruising resumes from Florida, I will pass.  It is nice to go someplace warm during the winter months, so I guess it will depend what happens going into the fall of 2021.

I have a November Oasis cruise booked - I hope by then it will be a go.

• Like 1

6 month old information that was put together for cruises that were sailing without all passengers being vaccinated.

on board protocols are currently being updated and will be released soon.  Not all of the Healthy sail Panels recommendations will still apply to tje new sailings.  

You will see the health protocols implemented will be as as strickt as on the Singapore Sailings including Masks etc. At the end this is also still a experiment and the more cruiseships will start sailing the more will be learned about the behaviour of the virus on board and certain estrictions will also be lifted step by step.The question is, will it be first the mask or first the reduced onboard capacity. 

1 minute ago, LXA350 said:

more will be learned about the behaviour of the virus on board

We already do know. We know that with no testing, no extra cleansing, no vaccines, and no post-covid immunity only a couple hundred people on a ship filled with mostly senior citizens will become symptomatic, including some that may well have been infected before they boarded. That's what the Diamond Princess did for cruising that the CDC insists on being a negative to resume cruising, not a positive.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

You will see the health protocols implemented will be as as strickt as on the Singapore Sailings including Masks etc. At the end this is also still a experiment and the more cruiseships will start sailing the more will be learned about the behaviour of the virus on board and certain estrictions will also be lifted step by step.The question is, will it be first the mask or first the reduced onboard capacity. 

That is your opinion.  Until Royal and Celebrity release the actual protocols in the next week it is only an opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is your opinion.  Until Royal and Celebrity release the actual protocols in the next week it is only an opinion.

Yes.  Others have posted their opinions as well, including you, and those opinions are no truer.  Everyone needs to wait and see.

"6 month old information that was put together for cruises that were sailing without all passengers being vaccinated.

on board protocols are currently being updated and will be released soon.  Not all of the Healthy sail Panels recommendations will still apply to tje new sailings."

36 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Yes.  Others have posted their opinions as well, including you, and those opinions are no truer.  Everyone needs to wait and see.

"6 month old information that was put together for cruises that were sailing without all passengers being vaccinated.

on board protocols are currently being updated and will be released soon.  Not all of the Healthy sail Panels recommendations will still apply to tje new sailings."

If you are trying to infer that the two quotes below are my opinion then you are mistaken.  They were both stated by senior executives from Royal during yesterdays Webinar for travel agents.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you are trying to infer that the two quotes below are my opinion then you are mistaken.  They were both stated by senior executives from Royal during yesterdays Webinar for travel agents.

I was on it too !

• Like 2

I voted 'yes,' as I don't have a specific plan to do it but I am open to it. We've flown down to Puerto Rico to catch a cruise before; I'm open to regarding Nassau-based cruises the same way. I'd rather cruise out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami, but hey...any Royal big ship cruise in a pandemic, you know?

17 hours ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

No. Everyone has to get the magic vax but still have to masks up, social distance, and get Covid tests. 🤔Sounds like a fun cruise! Hope people realize cruising is going to be so different. Imagine wearing a mask at the pool. Pretty sure no dancing either. Lol Wonder if you have to wear a mask at the beach too. 🤦‍♀️  They are going to be extremely strict especially being the first cruise. Probably no sail away party. Can't get too close to anyone. It is all just so sad especially if you loved cruising.

Everyone cruises differently - for us, we enjoy hanging out on our balcony watching the waves.  We use the gym and the running track, and eat in the specialty restaurants.  We avoid the pool, dances, sail away party and crowded bars.  And that's all pre-Covid; just not attractive for us.  For us this would be perfect if it were on the West coast.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brucemcdou said:

Everyone cruises differently - for us, we enjoy hanging out on our balcony watching the waves.  We use the gym and the running track, and eat in the specialty restaurants.  We avoid the pool, dances, sail away party and crowded bars.  And that's all pre-Covid; just not attractive for us.  For us this would be perfect if it were on the West coast.  

You'll get your wish in  mid 2022 when the Navigator is being based out of Los Angeles. The return of Royal Caribbean to the West Coast.

• Like 4

So these two executives have actually said that, for example, masks and social distancing are not going to be designated protocols for the Bahamas cruises, even with a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated cruise passengers?  It seems like many posters are making that assumption and it's just speculation, unless of course they said that in absolute terms.  Crystal Cruises is requiring masks and social distancing with vaccinated passengers and numerous of the cruise lines mandating vaccines in the UK are doing the same.  Hey, but what do I know.  Not anything more than other posters here.