Will you Cruise from Nassau on Adventure?

Will you cruise from Nassau?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise from Nassau

• Yes
    • No

I'm hopeful that they will bundle pricing similarly to how Celebrity is handling it. When you break it down by all the things that are to be included on Celebrity, it'll workout to be a pretty affordable cruise. I'd rather RCCL threw in air, drinks, tips, and wifi... If I were more excited about the boat I'd go with Celebrity for that reason alone.  Excited to go on Adventure of the Seas.

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Amen to that. I was always raised by my parents who preached, "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all." I realize that is not the norm in today's world but I try to live by that. Good attitude to have @island lady!

I was also brought up with the attitude that if you think something is wrong, and don't say something, it'll never get better.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DivaAAC said:

I'm hopeful that they will bundle pricing similarly to how Celebrity is handling it. When you break it down by all the things that are to be included on Celebrity, it'll workout to be a pretty affordable cruise. I'd rather RCCL threw in air, drinks, tips, and wifi... If I were more excited about the boat I'd go with Celebrity for that reason alone.  Excited to go on Adventure of the Seas.

We preferred it when Celebrity let you pick and choose from the four perks offered (Classic Beverage Package, WiFi, gratuities and OBC). Now with the AI (Always Included CBP, gratuities and WiFi) you no longer get to pick and OBC is no longer being offered. Also Celebrity's AI doesn't give you the option to book without the AI.  I would like the AI better if OBC was an option and not WiFi. We stay disconnected while cruising. We also get with our Captains Club tier level 90 minutes each of internet. I use about 15 minutes of the 180 minutes when I print off our airline boarding passes on the last day of the cruise. No issues with the AI CBP (even though we got the CC HH drinks each evening in the Sky Lounge for the 2 hour CC HH) or the gratuities as we always use to select the CBP and or the OBC or the gratuities (depending on the length of the cruise) that were part of the bundled perks under Celebrity's prior program. We do have a September 2022 Celebrity cruise booked with the AI. I'd like to see RC offer a bundled option like Celebrity had prior to the current AI. 

Enjoy the Adventure. We've cruised on her four times. 🍻

Edited by davekathy

58 minutes ago, DivaAAC said:

Doubt that will happen.  It's not their business model.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just now, molly361 said:

I wonder if 9pm is going to be the new departure time when cruising resumes here in the US

When I did checkin for both my May 2021 sailings before they were canceled, I received a 3pm scheduled time to arrive at the terminal. I did those checkins like as soon as I was able to do them online, so I suspect that is indicative of one of the first timeslots open, which would mean about a 4 hour shift over what it used to be. So it would make some sense that a normal 4 or 5pm departure would now be 4 hours later or slightly more.

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I wonder if 9pm is going to be the new departure time when cruising resumes here in the US

It's been 8 pm for Seward Alaska sailings for years now, and around 8 pm for San Juan departures.  I am guessing due to longer flights coming in?  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

We have booked an August sailing on AOS.  The protocols seem responsible to us, pricing is really good and we have been strictly observing lockdown for 13 months and are ready to venture out.  We are now fully vaccinated, and looking to enjoy a reduced capacity sailing.  I did splurge and booked a suite, so that we have the option of MDR meals in our cabin, as well as the spacious suite and balcony if we just want to relax with cocktails and no masking.  Our friends are also traveling with us, and we will all be perfectly happy hanging out together regardless of whether it is in the cabin or elsewhere on the ship.  

Hopefully the Bahamian government will continue to accept vaccination in lieu of testing come August, as that will be less stress.  Regardless, we will happily follow the protocols and have a great trip.  

• Like 2

We are booked on the July 17, 2021 Adventure cruise. Did anyone else get this survey? The questions were very interesting, including which safety measures I expect to see in place and how concerned I am about C19. I have traveled outside the US to CDC “red” zones this year with no adverse effects. You can guess what my responses were. 😎

1BBD0544-596E-4DA0-B73D-1B90851D5BC2.jpeg

Well we decided to bit the bullet and go ahead and test cruising... beginning with a AOS sailing out of Nassau in August. I just hope it is still fun. Not crazy about the itinerary..but we often don't get off the ship..so hopefully we can handle masking requirements.

I did suggest in the survey and in a FB message, that they make bars like the Sky Lounge... a <18 zone free... so that people can be maskless and not socially distance... per  CDC guidelines for fully vaccinated with others who are fully vaccinated. Having children complicates things.. but if no one under 18 goes on the cruise... then in theory the whole ship could be maskless and no social distancing (assuming EVERYONE is vaccinated), but at this point their plan if for masking when near others and socially distancing... so it will be interesting to see how that will work.

I do have a few concerns... DH needs to rent a scooter and while both companies that usually provide them are trying to figure out the logistics of having them available in Nassau... I wonder what the elevators will be like. Fortunately I secured a cabin on deck 6... so I can take the stairs while DH waits for an elevator.. and if necessary he can struggle up a deck... hopefully not. There is no guarantee that scooters will be available..but I hope that by mid August..they will have figured things out...

We are pretty easy going...so I look at this as an adventure and an opportunity to have DH write an interesting review. We had considered going to Hilton Head... but the cost of a cruise...while higher than renting a condo... it was not that much more expensive...even factoring in airfare.. Plus on a cruise there is more to do and only steps away. Just tired of looking out at my back yard. 

Finally, the last issue is hurricane season... we have traveled many times during this time of year... August is on the early end of the season...but getting to Nassau on time... is riskier... in the past we have driven to Fl so we adjusted when we left based on forecast... but again we have sailed during the absolute height of the season

This time...given covid and hurricanes...we obtained travel insurance that covers covid and has some provisions regarding hurricane season.... plus there is the cruise with confidence program...so we should be covered.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kearney said:

I did suggest in the survey and in a FB message, that they make bars like the Sky Lounge... a <18 zone free... so that people can be maskless and not socially distance... per  CDC guidelines for fully vaccinated with others who are fully vaccinated.

What a fabulous idea! Thank you for suggesting it in the survey. I wish I had thought of it as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I hope everyone who's booked on Adventure will write a report and let us know how you enjoyed your cruise. 

I plan on starting a "Live from" review for the July 17, 2021 cruise. Hopefully everyone on CC and on this cruise  will contribute to the thread so people can see/read different points of view.  A group Live From Review. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

15 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I hope everyone who's booked on Adventure will write a report and let us know how you enjoyed your cruise. 

The first sailing out of Nassau on June 12th probably has the most vloggers aboard a single sailing of a cruise ship excluding its inaugural sailings.

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, boatseller said:

I'll be on 12 Jun.  Going to visit Atlantis & Aquaventure too.

Two days at Coco Cay sealed the deal.  Cancun and Freeport will be practical Sea Days for me.

When did it change to Cancun and where is it docking?