Will you Cruise from Nassau on Adventure?

Will you cruise from Nassau?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise from Nassau

• Yes
    • No

We are on the July 10th sailing. Booked a JS to have room and a good size balcony. Just want to be at sea, I wear a mask 8 to 10 hours a day. If we have to wear them I'm fine with it, We just want to be on a ship again

• Like 1

Booked for 7/24 and sailing solo.  I usually take along a grandkid or two, but that seemed too complicated at the moment, so I’m looking forward to a relaxing vacation!  I too have no plans to get off the ship at Cozumel or Grand Bahama - perfectly content to hang out on my balcony with a good book and an adult beverage!  

• Like 4

21 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I plan on starting a "Live from" review for the July 17, 2021 cruise. Hopefully everyone on CC and on this cruise  will contribute to the thread so people can see/read different points of view.  A group Live From Review. 

That is great news.  thanks for doing a "live" review

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dswallow said:

The first sailing out of Nassau on June 12th probably has the most vloggers aboard a single sailing of a cruise ship excluding its inaugural sailings.

That's excellent.  Look forward to reading the blogs/vlogs/ and Live reports

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I personally would't book a cruise that leaves from Nassau...heck many times I have no need/want to leave the ship when it just day ports there.

It's a departure port. So what? Do you go on lots of tours around Miami or Ft. Lauderdale or Port Canaveral if you sail from there? And as a bonus, your cruise wouldn't be stopping there for a port day! 🙂

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dswallow said:

It's a departure port. So what? Do you go on lots of tours around Miami or Ft. Lauderdale or Port Canaveral if you sail from there? And as a bonus, your cruise wouldn't be stopping there for a port day! 🙂

The keyword was "personally" when answering the question....Flying to and getting there from the west coast isn't worth it to me. I'll wait for cruises out of other ports to get to the caribbean.

I fly in often early to cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale...no tours needed in this very familiar location.

Port Canaveral again fly in early to go to KSC especially when we're taking the extended family.

Miami...very rarely cruise out of there and if we do it's again via a stay Fort Lauderdale then go there morning of cruise departure.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Bahamas has officially updated their travel requirements for vaccinated persons!

6A0AE52A-1B5A-4A99-830E-8FC8E7001FF3.png

I'm hoping that Bermuda will follow the same guidance for vaccinated travellers! I booked Vision today and my main concern is a false positive test when we arrive. We have been vaccinated and will have a negative test before we fly. I'm not clear on where the Covid test will be on Bermuda or where we will have to quarantine at until the results are in. I booked the flight and transfers through Royal because I feel safer that way. Royal has always taken care of us. We are "Loyal to Royal"!!!

51 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

I'm hoping that Bermuda will follow the same guidance for vaccinated travellers! I booked Vision today and my main concern is a false positive test when we arrive. We have been vaccinated and will have a negative test before we fly. I'm not clear on where the Covid test will be on Bermuda or where we will have to quarantine at until the results are in. I booked the flight and transfers through Royal because I feel safer that way. Royal has always taken care of us. We are "Loyal to Royal"!!!

Best of luck for a wonderful Bermuda cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, utopiahereicome said:

Booked for 7/24 and sailing solo.  I usually take along a grandkid or two, but that seemed too complicated at the moment, so I’m looking forward to a relaxing vacation!  I too have no plans to get off the ship at Cozumel or Grand Bahama - perfectly content to hang out on my balcony with a good book and an adult beverage!  

We will get off the ship if its not a cattle call other wise we will just stay on and enjoy the peace and quite

• Like 1

22 hours ago, utopiahereicome said:

I'm on the 6/12 "guinea pig" cruise. I booked some RC excursions for Cozumel and Grand Bahama but would much rather just do our own thing.  We'll see whether that is an option.  

6 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Bahamas has officially updated their travel requirements for vaccinated persons!

But you still need a negative PCR test to get on the ship, so it is irrelevant (unless you are going to try and get tested after you arrive in the Bahamas in time to embark)

24 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

But you still need a negative PCR test to get on the ship

There are travel experts here who know this stuff much better than I do, but, to me, the FAQ suggests that Royal is not requiring a PCR test to board the ship itself.  It is a bit confusing though.  It's also possible that there's an updated FAQ somewhere.

"At this time, we expect each guest will need to provide the following:
• For guests 18 years of age and older, proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID - 19
• Proof of a negative SARS- Co V- 2 RT- PCR test result for entry into the country where you are sailing from (age requirements vary by jurisdiction)
• Completed Royal Caribbean Health Questionnai re, available in the app 24 hours before sailing
• Typical travel documents, including passport or any visas as required by the departure country"

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

But you still need a negative PCR test to get on the ship, so it is irrelevant (unless you are going to try and get tested after you arrive in the Bahamas in time to embark)

The RT-PCR test requirement for those 18 and older was solely to get into The Bahamas; now that The Bahamas is allowing fully vaccinated people into the country without an RT-PCR test, that requirement no longer applies to those 18 & older. Only people who are under 18 (and possibly only those not vaccinated) required the RT-PCR test to board the ship.

It remains unclear if everyone will be given an Antigen test before boarding the ship, though there's some wording in the original FAQ that seems to imply some or all will be tested before boarding.

• Like 1

The reservation info is clear that final requirements are not yet known, only anticipated.  Booked guests are being asked to download the app and make sure their contact info is current, so that they can be quickly contacted in the weeks prior to cruising with the most up to date requirements.  

• Like 3

After doing my research and watching vlogs on that specific ship and rooms, I’m going to pass. The ship is very old and the room looks dated. My issue is not that it leaves from the Bahamas, but the ship itself. As soon as the newer ships start sailing out, my family of 4 will be the first to book. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lovetocruise954 said:

After doing my research and watching vlogs on that specific ship and rooms, I’m going to pass. The ship is very old and the room looks dated. My issue is not that it leaves from the Bahamas, but the ship itself. As soon as the newer ships start sailing out, my family of 4 will be the first to book. 

Are you one of those people that buys a new car every year?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Are you one of those people that buys a new car every year?

Im a person who enjoys the newer ships and all of the latest technology they have to offer. After being on several old ships compared to the newer ones, I would never sail on one again.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Some think even Oasis is a rust bucket and too old.

Our family loved the Oasis! I can’t wait for that one to start sailing again as well.