Connecting wheelchair rooms?

mrstallie

We want to take a family cruise. We need connecting rooms. One of them has to have a roll in shower.

does anyone know of a cruise line/cruise ship that has rooms like this? Our foster sons have disabilities. 2 have Down syndrome and our third is total care and in a wheelchair. They cannot stay in a room not connected to ours. Thanks for all help :-)

I found a couple of sets on MSC Seaside.  Deck 10: 10222/10224.  Deck 14: 14233/14237.  There is also a set in the Yacht Club: 18025/18029.  The Yacht Club rooms each hold three.  However, the other two sets the HC cabin only holds two;, the connecting cabins holds four, so one of the Downs kids would have to bunk with you.  MSC Meraviglia has some pairs where both are HC cabins, each hold three but the third sleeps on a pullman.  EM

Been using accessible rooms for a while now, never seen an interconnecting one on Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian P&O Aust, Carnival or Cunard. (The lines I have had accessible cabins on).

Hi welcome to CC ( Cruise Critics).

Royal Caribbean have connecting rooms. These are the ones we have stayed in: Anthem Deck 8 8674(HC) & 8676; Explorer Deck 10 1544(HC) & 1540; Independence Deck 10 1628(HC) & 1630. I know that Adventure, Navigator and Oasis have them but I don't know the decks or cabin numbers. I think you just need to go through deck plans or ask a travel agent, as some agents have lists of accessible cabins.

Edited by Bloodgem
Spelling mistake

I would agree. In this case, you should talk to a travel agent. Also realize you will need to book pretty much as soon the itinerary becomes available. Besides the fact that HA rooms book fast, people book connecting rooms, sometimes not realizing they are connecting.

This is a case of pretty much needing to go through a TA.  Only a couple of options across each different fleet,  especially if you have a particular destination in mind.  Furthermore, HA cabins are the first to sell out so if you need connecting ones as well, you will need someone quick on the trigger to snag it and the cabin next t to it the minute the cruise goes live