Changing flights in Hong Kong.

rnrcruzin

Good day all.  My question is pretty simple. If using the same airline (Cathy Pacific) is two hours enough time to change planes in Hong Kong? This would be an international flight to international flight. Yes, I know that things are pretty much in the air right now due to the pandemic, but lets take that out of the picture now.

Yes, though HKG is a great airport and one that I don't mind spending time in to enjoy.  Sadly, I never seem to get a mechanical delay there - but instead they happen in the hellholes (which I shall leave for you to fill in).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Should be no problem. We took a flight from Singapore to HK & changed planes there . I believe all CP international flights are in the same terminal making it possible for changing planes within 2 hours.

I've changed planes in HKG more than anywhere else in the world...literally hundreds of times over the last 14 years or so. Two hours is an eternity, BUT as an aviation geek, it's actually one of the places I choose longer layovers simply because the views of the runways are so great from inside the terminal. Hell, I have a tattoo of an airplane that I took a picture of at HKG. 

But yeah, two hours, no problem. You'll likely have a bit of walking to do to re-clear security and then walk to your gate, but no big deal. Everything (signs, announcements) are in English and most staff will speak decent pretty English should you need them. 

If you are flying TO the US there will be secondary screening at the gate. If you have any bottled water, canned drinks, or drinks in a cup purchased post security you'll be asked to finish on the spot or dump it. 

Last time we were there we had a couple of cans of ice tea that SWMBO liked, had to dump them. Behind us was a family that had kids and boba drinks...could hear the crying inside the plane. 

• Haha 1