Predicted capacity when HAL restarts cruising....

NavyCruiser

Wondering what HAL's capacity policy will be when they restart cruising again.

Hopefully our Aug HAL cruise will go out Europe, maybe doubtful.

That's why we didn't want to spend/add more $$$ to upgrade from our interior to balcony yet. 

& if they go, let's say they'll start at 50% capacity, maybe they'll offer, or make us, upgrade to balconies...?

I'll guess:  50/50/50....    go/no/capacity...

Nobody is going to know...HAL hasn't announced anything. But speculation (all you will get here at this point in time) seems to be around 50-60%.

Nobody knows about any upgrade issues. But if the worse happens, and a quarantine onboard ship happens, I certainly wouldn't want to be in an inside cabin. But I would take that responsibility for myself, not expect HAL to provide the balcony cabin for me.

• Like 7

This topic seems to change daily. I read somewhere that Celebrity and/or RCCL will not sell Interior and Oceanviews when they start sailing bypassing US ports. I guess we will find out when they go on sale.

MSC has been sailing the MSC Grandiosa since last Fall with only 1600-1800 passengers which has a capacity on a typical sailing of  4810 to 5772. I'm not sure of the distribution but 61% of the cabins have balconies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Wondering what HAL's capacity policy will be when they restart cruising again.

Hopefully our Aug HAL cruise will go out Europe, maybe doubtful.

That's why we didn't want to spend/add more $$$ to upgrade from our interior to balcony yet. 

& if they go, let's say they'll start at 50% capacity, maybe they'll offer, or make us, upgrade to balconies...?

I'll guess:  50/50/50....    go/no/capacity...

No knows yet but you may well be on one of the first cruises - but who knows?

What I do know is I would not book an inside cabin at this stage of the game and expect help to upgrade you for free.

It’s not going to happen.  There might be an upsell offer, but they are not going to upgrade you to a balcony for free IMO.

19 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

No matter what the capacity, everyone has to eat. There aren’t enough 2 or 4 top tables to accommodate everyone.

Wouldn't that depend on how many are on board? You can use 6 8 and 10 as two tops. You can re-arrange the dining schedule...that has been proposed. 

• Like 1

Oceania was going at 50% for their world cruise. Our October Rotterdam cruise is two cruises cobbled together and does include an extra day for cleaning before the second half of the cruise continues. Great point earlier about having a verandah cabin. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JeffElizabeth said:

Oceania was going at 50% for their world cruise. Our October Rotterdam cruise is two cruises cobbled together and does include an extra day for cleaning before the second half of the cruise continues. Great point earlier about having a verandah cabin. 

Which is why I laughed when O announced their WC was sold out.

36 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

If all the passengers and crew have been vaccinated, what risk are they trying to minimize by decreasing the number of passengers?  

I thought I got the vaccine so I would not get the virus.

Let's go!

Probably an operational protocol to ramp up processes. It is much easier to limit the number of passengers initially to see if they work than dump a full load and have the processes not work. Baby steps to begin with.

• Like 5

On 3/23/2021 at 2:52 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Wouldn't that depend on how many are on board? You can use 6 8 and 10 as two tops. You can re-arrange the dining schedule...that has been proposed. 

Or, instead of just two seatings for dinner in the MDR, maybe three? Or four?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

If all the passengers and crew have been vaccinated, what risk are they trying to minimize by decreasing the number of passengers?  

I thought I got the vaccine so I would not get the virus.

Let's go!

You are assuming that crew are going to be able to get vaccinated.  The population of Indonesia is 270 million, and only 2.7 million have received their first shot.

L.

1 minute ago, leerathje said:

You are assuming that crew are going to be able to get vaccinated.  The population of Indonesia is 270 million, and only 2.7 million have received their first shot.

L.

I suspect the major cruise lines can afford to buy their own supply, and already have a deal in the works.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, leerathje said:

L.

But only a Million works for the cruise lines... 😀

My DW and I have a cruise booked on the Rotterdam Nov. 10th out of FLL. We have 6 friends from Holland coming also. I was concerned that capacity limits may result in their bookings being canceled. Fortunately HAL is being proactive here as my PCC informed me they are just booking less rooms. 
image.thumb.png.ecc9bd625d0af3c5fdfb2c59d99103dd.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Laminator said:

My DW and I have a cruise booked on the Rotterdam Nov. 10th out of FLL. We have 6 friends from Holland coming also. I was concerned that capacity limits may result in their bookings being canceled. Fortunately HAL is being proactive here as my PCC informed me they are just booking less rooms. 
image.thumb.png.ecc9bd625d0af3c5fdfb2c59d99103dd.png

We are booked on this cruise.  I was wondering about capacity limits.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

We are booked on this cruise.  I was wondering about capacity limits.  

I believe this is the reason that there are no more Signature and Neptune Suites available on that sailing!

Edited by Laminator

On 3/25/2021 at 9:19 PM, kevingastreich said:

Babybird, Earlybird and Nightowl?

On 3/25/2021 at 9:16 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Agreed. That is what I had heard proposed...3 seatings instead of 2.

so 2pm, 4pm and 6pm, then a mandatory dose of Thorazine and lights out at 7pm?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

so 2pm, 4pm and 6pm, then a mandatory dose of Thorazine and lights out at 7pm?

HAL's unofficial slogan is "Newlywed or nearly dead". So the times sound about right. Wonder how they will schedule the entertainment😊!