Alaska 2023

Hydro pool lover

• 3 months later...

The last few years Alaska has come out for HAL in late Fall (Nov/Dec) for Cruises and followed in early/mid January for Cruisetours.  Don't know if that will be the case this year for the 2023 season.  Often times new itineraries are opened for sale with little to no fanfare/announcement.

I want to apologize - I just noticed that I was thinking we were discussing HAL and this was Princess. 

Europe 2023 for Princess is being released several months earlier than normal, so have some other destinations (Caribbean and Canada/NE for 2023 coming out almost two months ago for example).  Perhaps we will get Alaska sooner than usual as well.  Typically it is announced late fall before thanksgiving/Black Friday, but not always.

If I get any notice of an on-sale date/itineraries/ships and can post an update before someone else beats me to it I will :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Loki S said:

Most likely already know that Alaska 2023 is now open. Opened August 18 for Elite members and August 19 for all to book.

That's 4 months earlier than the past two years. Not really surprising under the circumstances.

13 hours ago, fleeflicker said:

We are going in 2023 southbound. Anchorage to Witter. Would you use Princess for the transfers? Second rail or coach? We have never been on Princess and I wanted some expert advice. Thanks in advance.

Hey fleeflicker, we’re booked on a 14-day round trip from Vancouver in July 2023. For us we have generally booked the transfers with Princess, the only transfer service we have used is the coach service from airport to hotel/cruise ship and back again. We just find it easier keeping everything together and already paid for but always a personal choice. 

10 hours ago, Loki S said:

Hey fleeflicker, we’re booked on a 14-day round trip from Vancouver in July 2023. For us we have generally booked the transfers with Princess, the only transfer service we have used is the coach service from airport to hotel/cruise ship and back again. We just find it easier keeping everything together and already paid for but always a personal choice. 

Thanks.  How long did it take you to get from the hotel to the port?

13 hours ago, fleeflicker said:

Thanks.  How long did it take you to get from the hotel to the port?

I’m terribly sorry I wasn’t clear in my last post. We haven’t been to Vancouver before. I was more meaning that for all our cruises when needing to get to the hotel etc. we have booked the Princess transfer.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

11 hours ago, Alushar said:

We've booked the Sapphire 12th July 2023 14 day round tip have transfers to sort

Our departure date from Vancouver is 26 July 2023 on the Sapphire Princess, we did look at 12 July 2023 but would be pushing my luck to get away from work. My busiest time at work will finish around 30 June but known to go a little longer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Loki S said:

Our departure date from Vancouver is 26 July 2023 on the Sapphire Princess, we did look at 12 July 2023 but would be pushing my luck to get away from work. My busiest time at work will finish around 30 June but known to go a little longer.

We will try and leave her in decent state there may be a gin shortage lol and wave as we get off!

• Like 1