ChoiceAir?

Mackdogmolly

On 3/24/2021 at 12:55 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

Does anyone know if Azamara will continue with ChoiceAir? It’s still on their website with the ability to book, but don’t know if this is in error. Wish we had an active Blogging Officer!

Betsey

I spoke with an Azamara customer service rep yesterday after booking a back 2 back for July of 2022 to get some clarification on when/if reciprocity and status from Celebrity would go away. In the conversation, I asked her about Choice Air as well, as we have used it numerous times while sailing Celebrity. In fact, if it is still available in August of this year, which would be the earliest we could book flights for next year for our cruise, I will do so in a minute. She indicated that Azamara "probably" will end their relationship with Choice Air at some time after all the transitions take place, but that it will probably be one of the last things, and that it would probably still be in place well into this summer, or later.

Just a personal endorsement for Choice Air...we were in the Middle east last year, going from Dubai to Singapore when the Pandemic was starting to really affect air travel. While in Sri Lanka, we were informed that the ship we were on was turning around and setting sail 4 days back to Dubai, at which time we were to make arrangements to return home ASAP. I actually found out about this, here, on CC before we received an announcement on board, and within minutes, I was in contact with a Choice Air representative from a lounge on the ship and within a half hour had my arrangements rerouted home avoiding all the closed middle east and Asian airports back to Minnesota, through Canada, while others on board took days to have Celebrity rebook for them.

• Like 2