Apex moving to Athens for 7 night cruises for summer 2021

TMaine

1 minute ago, little britain said:

I thought it was Jun 21st... anyway I also agree it was strange wording. 

The Global Travel Taskforce announce their recommendations on April 12th, but as Apex goes on sale 30 March do you take a risk in booking then or wait ....? 

I thought the £5k fine was up to the end of June... 

We have decided not to book another cruise for the moment. We have some other plans in place. But who knows.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Whilst our British holidaymakers will have to wait a while longer to experience our flagship, until International travel opens back up, we look forward to welcoming them onboard later in the season.

Now we need a decision from Gov.UK who have a no sail order in place at the moment.

I get my second jab on Sunday, but will not pay a fine of £5000 as we don’t yet know if foreign travel will be allowed.

Edited by upwarduk

We are booked on Apex July 10...Received email and text early this morning.  Called my travel agent, they have no details yet...

Our complication is we have TWO reservations, July 10 on Apex, Barcelona to Rome, then July 19 Infinity, Rome to Venice...Won't be easy now...

We're going to try to get back to back on Apex as it looks like it will be alternating itineraries, the second being to Israel...Would work for us...

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 1

Celebrity´s E-Mail. Received a few minutes ago...

Dear xxxxx,

It’s not often that I send out two emails in one week, but it’s been a long time since I’ve had GOOD news to share twice in one week! I am thrilled to announce that Celebrity Apex, the second ship in our multi-award-winning Edge Series, will be making her much anticipated debut in Greece this summer.

This is so special for so many reasons. This will be the first time we are able to welcome guests on board Celebrity Apex. This will also mark our return to cruising in Europe, starting in our birthplace. Celebrity Cruises was founded by the Greek Chandris family in 1988 and is still deeply rooted in its Greek origins today. I am extremely grateful for the collaboration of the Greek government for making this possible.

The new summer season for Celebrity Apex in the Mediterranean will be available for booking starting March 30th and features bucket-list destinations on two spectacular itineraries including:

Greek Islands and Cyprus - guests will have the chance to visit the ancient city of Rhodes, with its stunning classical Acropolis and unparalleled Medieval architecture; the beauty, architecture and mythology of Mykonos; and the incredible island of Santorini , a world heritage site and bucket list destination famous for its blue and white architecture and fascinating history; along with the southern coast of Cyprus, a unique island culture influenced by both nearby neighbors, Turkey and Egypt.

Greek Islands and Israel – In addition to the history and beauty of Rhodes and Santorini, this itinerary offers the growing arts scene in Haifa, with its easy access to Tel-Aviv and the Jordan River; and Jerusalem, one of the world’s most influential cities.

I will be onboard Celebrity Apex on her September 18th Greek Islands and Cyprus voyage with my husband to Celebrate our 30th Anniversary. Like many of you who have had to cancel celebrations in the last year, we were supposed to have been on Celebrity Edge in the Greek Isles last summer. And while we were very disappointed at the time, we’re thrilled to now be able to go.

As always, the health and safety of our guests, crew and places we visit continues to be our top priority. Celebrity Apex will sail with all crew and guests above the age of 18 vaccinated against COVID-19, and those under the age of 18 with negative PCR test results. In addition, guests must follow all Greece travel requirements, which currently include presenting a negative PCR test taken 72-hours prior to arrival in Greece. Details on all health and safety measures across the entire Celebrity Cruises vacation experience can be found at https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea.

I cannot thank you enough for being so supportive. Several of you have reached out to me directly to share how you are counting down the days until you can sail with us again. I am doing the same and look forward to seeing you back on board very soon.
All my best,
LLP, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises
LLP
President & CEO, Celebrity Cruises

1 minute ago, Miaminice said:

Celebrity´s E-Mail. Received a few minutes ago...

Dear xxxxx,

It’s not often that I send out two emails in one week, but it’s been a long time since I’ve had GOOD news to share twice in one week! I am thrilled to announce that Celebrity Apex, the second ship in our multi-award-winning Edge Series, will be making her much anticipated debut in Greece this summer.

All my best,
LLP, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises
LLP
President & CEO, Celebrity Cruises

We received that one too.

@stu uk what cruise were you on previously? Have they moved an ex-Barcelona Apex cruise to the ex-Athens cruise?

Interesting if they bring the Reflection over. We are ex-Rome in September for the Eastern Med. I imagine they could run her out of Athens too!

Alternatively move out cruise to the Apex from the Reflection and change flights. I bet that will cost though!

Admittedly I know nothing about managing a cruise line. Have chartered a 40 foot yacht out of Athen tho!

Please note that US citicens are currently NOT allowed to enter Greece!

US Embassy in Greece:

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? No
Greece will currently only allow EU citizens, EU residents, and residents of certain other specific countries to enter. The United States is not one of those countries.  U.S. citizens traveling to Greece will not be permitted to enter unless they meet one of only a few narrow exceptions detailed in the Greek Embassy’s information on entrance into the European Union/Schengen Area.  There is no projected date when entry will be permitted.  A long visit in a third country will not help you get around EU restrictions.

Edited by Miaminice

8 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

Please note that US citicens are currently NOT allowed to enter Greece!

US Embassy in Greece:

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? No
Greece will currently only allow EU citizens, EU residents, and residents of certain other specific countries to enter. The United States is not one of those countries.  U.S. citizens traveling to Greece will not be permitted to enter unless they meet one of only a few narrow exceptions detailed in the Greek Embassy’s information on entrance into the European Union/Schengen Area.  There is no projected date when entry will be permitted.  A long visit in a third country will not help you get around EU restrictions.

This order is currently in effect,  but I have read several articles that say Greece will open again to all tourism in May. So I guess it will be  wait and see, we are already booked on a HAL Greek 12 day  cruise from Athens to Venice in September. The HAL cruise is a replacement for the canceled Connie cruise from Venice RT.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

This order is currently in effect,  but I have read several articles that say Greece will open again to all tourism in May. So I guess it will be  wait and see, we are already booked on a HAL Greek 12 day  cruise from Athens to Venice in September. The HAL cruise is a replacement for the canceled Connie cruise from Venice RT.

This is more geared towards European tourism.

As long as the EU does not permit entry from the US, Greece can´t divert from that.

And entry from the US will not be permitted as long as entry to the US is not permitted.

The US, however, announced that the ban will be extended - so go figure 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

This is our changed itinerary. Was originally same start date from Barcelona. 

image.png.694560da7f5a17cebd57e87219972c20.png

Received the same one for what was to be a 15 day.  Funny thing, months ago I cancelled the Aug 2021 and had them move the deposit to an Oct 2022 cruise.  That 2021 cruise though still shows in my planner, with no deposit (correctly) but final payment due by May 30.  🙂