St. Maarten cruise booked!

CoG72crewz

18 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

I wanted to share the information from Celebrity's website on the Covid-19 Assistance program they are offering if you book by May 31, 2021.  I'm not sure you need additional insurance that covers Covid if your cruise is booked before May 31.  Click the link and then scroll down the page to read about their Covid-19 Assistance:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

We saw that but our flights were expensive and we have hotel rooms before and after. I don’t think it covers all of it. We used some vouchers from 2019 that were from flights cancelled due to Covid so we didn’t think they would cover our air since we booked direct. We have been purchasing travel insurance for several years now and it has never been a bad investment for us. I don’t trust the flights being on time or possibly moving due to staff shortages with the airlines. We just want to play it safe. It’s a small amount based on what our vacation cost us. 

• Like 1

"Just in case you haven't read the other thread by Sunshine2000, she has been in St Maarten and has posted this about her experience traveling there re testing, etc."

What other thread, please? The only other thread has one post--not hers--and a link back to this one. Thanks!

On 4/7/2021 at 11:55 AM, SeaHunt said:

Just in case you haven't read the other thread by Sunshine2000, she has been in St Maarten and has posted this about her experience traveling there re testing, etc.:

Sunshine2000 post# 26

"I just wanted to add some information from our experience(s) traveling to St Maarten from Florida.  We obtained the necessary PCR Covid test within the three day required period for travel.  These negative PCR test results we then downloaded to the stmaartenehas.com/application-form with all the necessary travel information they required, such as Airline and flight numbers, length of stay,  place of stay and payment of the required $30.00 for health insurance so that we could obtain the necessary Pre Approval form for our travel.  After submitting this document we received our "Electronic Health Authorization System "Authoriation Pre-Approved" documentation in approximately 20 minutes.  This document was checked by the airline during our physical check-in.

The airport and our flight was well managed for social distancing and all passengers wore their masks.  The flight attendants provided a non-alcoholic beverage and snack service.

Upon landing they have a ramp for passengers to walk to the tarmac where you are directed into the airport immigration area to present your three required documents. 1- Results of your PCR test,  2- St Maarten Authorization Pre-Approved document and  3- Passport.

While inside the immigration area of the airport there are many officials reminding you of what documents you need to prepare to show for entry.

We only had an approximately 20 minute wait, however, we talked with many others that experienced wait times of over 90 minutes.  The wait times differed due to the number of planes landing and the number of passengers.  Wheelchairs are available but they are limited in number.

We had prearranged a taxi for our pick-up although many are readily available. 

Overall, it was a great flight and an easy process.

I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

In addition, I'll be back to add information about our experience getting our Covid test on the island and the process to return back to the US."

SeaHunt, what type of PCR test did you get? I'm confused because the website specifies an RT PCR. Do they also accept the regular PCR test as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for 3 couples to share this excursion - it’s  $156.13 per person. The excursion is in the cruise planner. It would be 8 which I think would not be too crowded. I will have to double check if 8 is allowed but in the meantime I’d like to see if anyone is interested in joining us. If 2 couples join its $208 per person. That might be the best option. 

C6647824-32F8-46DD-BA19-80936429CAE4.jpeg

Edited by Borntocruise22

57 minutes ago, Borntocruise22 said:

Looking for 3 couples to share this excursion - it’s  $156.13 per person. The excursion is in the cruise planner. It would be 8 which I think would not be too crowded. I will have to double check if 8 is allowed but in the meantime I’d like to see if anyone is interested in joining us. If 2 couples join its $208 per person. That might be the best option. 

C6647824-32F8-46DD-BA19-80936429CAE4.jpeg

Post this in your roll call

3 hours ago, lhsail said:

Does anyone know if the Cruise with Confidence 48-hour cancellation option includes FCC for Celebrity Air bookings?  

My understanding is there is $200 change fee per ticket no matter the circumstances once you are within final payment. 

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

CwC does not include Celebrity Air.   I believe if you have refundable air there is still a $200 pp fee but check your documents.

1 minute ago, foggyphils said:

My understanding is there is $200 change fee per ticket no matter the circumstances once you are within final payment. 

Appreciate the information.