Please help with info Rome Hotel

bluecruisin

Looking for only one night. Can be dropped off from tour mostly anywhere in Rome. leaving the next day from Airport.  Wants, safe neighborhood, clean, comfotable bed, private bath. Soewhere easy walk for inexpensive dinner. thanks in advance!

Have you looked down the board for the many threads on hotels? Many great places to stay, in different neighborhoods. The historical center meets all your needs, and has many hotels that meet your needs and are recommended here frequently.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am fond of the Albergo del Senato, on the Piazza della Rotunda where the Pantheon sits. The rooms are old style - good enough, the building lovely, the breakfast heavenly - but the secret of secrets is that the rooftop bar overlooks the Pantheon and much of the city. Our first evening in Rome with a late drink, olives and tapas overlooking the Pantheon and the piazza is an experience that stands out in my mind as one of the best of my life. 

• Like 3

On 3/25/2021 at 12:43 PM, Second seating said:

We spent one night after a Windstar cruise 2019 at the UNA Hotel near the train terminal, loved it! a quick train trip to the airport the next day. Nice restaurants with the best gluten free pizza crust I have had!!

Second seating

UNA is a nice hotel near the train station but the neighborhood is not so great for walking around -- not that it is really seedy, but not the best part of the Centro Storico. 

If OP is taking the train to the airport it might be a good consideration but otherwise I'd pick another area of central Rome.

10 hours ago, Worldsurfer said:

I am fond of the Albergo del Senato, on the Piazza della Rotunda where the Pantheon sits. The rooms are old style - good enough, the building lovely, the breakfast heavenly - but the secret of secrets is that the rooftop bar overlooks the Pantheon and much of the city. Our first evening in Rome with a late drink, olives and tapas overlooking the Pantheon and the piazza is an experience that stands out in my mind as one of the best of my life. 

One of my favorite hotels in one of my favorite areas of Rome. Excellent for walking around, many restaurant choices. And yes, love that terrace!!  (However, you should be aware that it closes somewhere around late October for the winter season.)

10 hours ago, Worldsurfer said:

I have never stayed there but have heard many others say the same thing as you posted........

It sounds lovely, simply lovely.🙂

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

One of my favorite hotels in one of my favorite areas of Rome. Excellent for walking around, many restaurant choices. And yes, love that terrace!!  (However, you should be aware that it closes somewhere around late October for the winter season.) 

Very good point an one of which I was unaware. Still, as you have mentioned, a very nice hotel  in a location well-suited for waking to many interesting places.

15 hours ago, Worldsurfer said:

Just booked it myself for us pre and post cruise for August and September 2022 !