Question on CDC no sail order

crimmj

One problem now seems to involve the allocation of vaccines.  In some places, anti-vax or hesitancy has caused a surplus of vaccine materials, and thus, appointments.  In other places, there's still difficulty in securing the vaccine you want.

But, the unavailability of vaccine in many desirable cruise destinations may put them off limits for a while.

1 hour ago, Cienfuegos said:

One problem now seems to involve the allocation of vaccines.  In some places, anti-vax or hesitancy has caused a surplus of vaccine materials, and thus, appointments.  In other places, there's still difficulty in securing the vaccine you want.

But, the unavailability of vaccine in many desirable cruise destinations may put them off limits for a while.

Everyone I know that is eligable has gotten vaccinated.  There is no hesitancy in the pirate community.  Well, except maybe about raiding well armed ships.

48 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Everyone I know that is eligable has gotten vaccinated.  There is no hesitancy in the pirate community.  Well, except maybe about raiding well armed ships.

And simply 'orrible when ye stock of rum is depleted.....🧉

43 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Everyone I know that is eligable has gotten vaccinated. 

You probably only know middle class +, white, older people. 
Here in DC, according to the

Washington Post

“About 12.2 percent of residents in Ward 3, which include some of the Whitest, wealthiest neighborhoods in the city, were fully vaccinated by last Friday, according to data the city released this week.

That’s compared to 5.4 percent and 3.9 percent, respectively, in Wards 7 and 8, the poorest parts of the city and the areas that have some of the highest death rates”

Not a political statement. 
Just the facts. 

The vax situation in some attractive destinations may take a while to be resolved.

The matter of pirates has surfaced again with some lines considering Suez detours past Somalia, etc.  And other ships at anchor off Yemen.

18 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

For thise of you that are secure in yourselves, enjoy a little light reading, and wish to explore the limits of what our dear and esteemed CC moderators will and won’t allow, may I suggest reading through these threads:

Ahhh....when life was good on here. Now this place is starting to look like Twitter. A cesspool. I happily removed myself from Twitter when you know who was banned.

Cheers

Contessa

3 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Wow...somehow didn't expect that comment.  Like you said, we're a divided country. CC is no exception. 

I did not mean it as insulting but you have to admit it is a logical solution if one fears traveling.

19 hours ago, tipsygirl said:

So sad to see politics enter into the issue of vaccines and travel issues related to the virus.  The virus doesn't have a political party, nor does the science.  The origin of the virus has nothing to do with what we need to do to get rid of it .The virus can only survive if it has a host, willing or not. The way we prevent the spread of the virus and its survival is to use measures that prevent us from being infected from the virus and then spreading it to others. Vaccinations, masks, and social distancing are proven ways to stop the spread. And Vaccinations can greatly accelerate our progress in getting out of this problem, but only if we us other measures as well.  I had my vaccinations to protect me and to protect you, and I wear a mask and practice social distancing for the same reasons . I would hope that you would do the same for me, as well as for those you care about most.  I look forward to being on a cruise and have one scheduled for December that I hope will sail. But I am doing all I can through my behavior to help lower to infection rate and make it safe enough to travel. And will do what is required of me on the ship to maintain a safe environment for everyone.

Among the best posts I've seen on CC relative to this whole situation. Thanks....

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

I did not mean it as insulting but you have to admit it is a logical solution if one fears traveling.

Jim...yeah...you're right. Every time we get in our cars and venture forth it's probably a greater risk than even contracting covid (?)  It is easy to become a bit overly paranoid. I was saying to DW the past few days that I'm looking forward to the day when I open the newspaper and the lead articles do NOT use the word "coronavirus". Outside of the astronomical reference, let's have corona go back to simply referring to a beer!!!!  Come to think of it, wonder how the pandemic has affected the sales of it?  Will the name forever be stigmatized? Maybe it should be changed (?) 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

I love that idea.  Like so many of us I am completely frustrated at losing a couple of my "Golden Years".  And watching hundreds of thousands of crew being put out of work.  We all have made friends with crew and really feel for them.  I hope and pray we don't let the bureaucrats take over the world like this ever again.  And I really love the Snoop Dogg Corona commercial....🍺

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Didn’t a reporter just get fired from the NYT or some such rag for making a similar, unfounded comment?

I’m not a reporter, or pretend to be one, but the news is that not everyone has had equal and easy access to the vaccine, especially in the

inner cities. Not VS’ing, just facts. 
Most people I know, who are eligible, have also gotten or been scheduled for the vaccine. I must admit they are overwhelmingly middle class+,

old, and white. 
Let’s get everyone vaccinated we can, so all of us will be able to start to return to a more normal life. 

Peace, Love, and Support 

Small Business. 

Edited by jasardeax
Punctuation
  • Like 2

In California, 44% of adults have received at least one dose.  And appointments for free shots are plentiful for anyone 65 and older, medical workers, food workers, and those with pre-existing conditions.

I just checked and practically every CVS pharmacy has many appointments available to book within 1-4 days out, at all times of the day.  The counties all have super-sites to get the vax at also.  Haha, even many supermarket pharmacies have appointments available.  Every major healthcare provider also has shots available.

And I know at least our county is doing outreach, pop-up sites, etc. for people and communities that have difficulty accessing the above channels.

On April 1st, the 50-64 year old whippersnappers will have access, followed on April 15th by open access to any adult.

So, at least in California, getting vaccinated is as easy as it can possibly be.  Not sure what else can be done.

• Like 1

And according to the CDC webpage, 72% of US over-65s have gotten at least one shot.  And that data likely has a bit of a lag.

So the takeaway from all this is that the vaccines are getting out practically as fast as they can be produced.  And it won’t be long at all until everyone that wants the vaccine will have it.  Even those who need help accessing it.

And if folks in your locality are having trouble accessing the vaccine, volunteer to work in outreach, driving people to vaccine sites, helping set up appointments, etc.

I helped elderly acquaintances and extended family access appointments.  And my taxes have paid for a zillion shots 🤪

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

In California, 44% of adults have received at least one dose.  

In D.C. only about 24% of the population has received at least one dose, and only 12% have been fully vaccinated. 
We have no FEMA mass vaccination sites. 
There have been a few positive signs to ramp up vaccinations in very at risk communities through local churches. 

Peace, Love, and

Support Small Business 

22 minutes ago, jasardeax said:

In D.C. only about 24% of the population has received at least one dose, and only 12% have been fully vaccinated. 
We have no FEMA mass vaccination sites. 
There have been a few positive signs to ramp up vaccinations in very at risk communities through local churches. 

Peace, Love, and

Support Small Business 

Sadly, DC has never been a shining example of good governance.  I would not use that as an example of how the vaccination drive is doing nationwide.  I used to live a few miles from DC so am familiar with it.

(I guess I shouldn’t talk about good governance, living in California...)

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

In our neck of the woods vaccine has been opened up to all 16 and over.  My SIL called Thursday and got an appointment for Monday.

And I have not gotten a call from Pfizer vaccine test about booster shots. After my last blood test they said they would call within a couple of weeks if the test group antibodies had dropped a large amount.  My guess is the Antibodies in the test folks are staying good and no need for booster testing yet.  Since I was #2 in the test group and have the shot since August I think that is good news.

I will just keep collecting my $200 for each visit and $5.00 a week for the next 3 years🦠 $$$

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Sadly, DC has never been a shining example of good governance.  I would not use that as an example of how the vaccination drive is doing nationwide.  I used to live a few miles from DC so am familiar with it.

I would disagree. 
Most of us who live in the District are very happy with our Mayor. She is doing a great job, under very difficult circumstances. 
The problem is we are just not getting enough of the vaccines, and we have NO

Senators, and only a congresswoman, with no real voting authority,  to advocate for us. 

Peace, Love, and

Support Small Business 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...