Celebrity Silhouette to sail from UK 2021

Ulsteinvik

28 minutes ago, Spearj said:

Can I just add a 'WOO-HOO'!! 🎉
Feels like these cruises (with whatever changes in itinerary 😉) may actually go ahead 🤞

I'll join you in your Woo-hoo 🥂!   We've sailed on Silhouette 3 times but I actually feel emotional at the thought of boarding her this time.  I'm optimistic for my round UK cruise - with or without Scotland - but not as positive (but very hopeful) about my Canaries cruise later in the year.

5 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I'll join you in your Woo-hoo 🥂!   We've sailed on Silhouette 3 times but I actually feel emotional at the thought of boarding her this time.  I'm optimistic for my round UK cruise - with or without Scotland - but not as positive (but very hopeful) about my Canaries cruise later in the year.

I know that I'm going to be in bits and my DH will be trying to look as though he's not with me!😂😒

Looking at the roll call I see that we're (potentially) on the same 18th October sailing.

I must be even less optimistic than you about this one, as I haven't joined this roll call yet! 🤣

But I've got everything crossed and hopefully we'll get to sail somewhere, a lot can happen in 4 months!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spearj said:

I know that I'm going to be in bits and my DH will be trying to look as though he's not with me!😂😒

Looking at the roll call I see that we're (potentially) on the same 18th October sailing.

I must be even less optimistic than you about this one, as I haven't joined this roll call yet! 🤣

But I've got everything crossed and hopefully we'll get to sail somewhere, a lot can happen in 4 months!

My DH is positive that we will be sailing on 18th October!  But then he's also positive that our trip to the USA at the end of September will go ahead too ..... 😉.  We will be attempting to make up for lost time with just a week to recover from the jet lag before heading for Southampton .... yeah!  Here's hoping we'll all be heading for the Canaries in October 🤞

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, delondin said:

Just wondering what happens to your luggage if you get denied boarding due to failing the medical screening. I can’t imagine it would be quick for them to find your luggage and return it. 

Surely you will know the result of the PCR test well before you get on the ship!😱

15 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Surely you will know the result of the PCR test well before you get on the ship!😱

I believe you will also have a “wellness check” at your allotted arrival time.  Perhaps this is what delondin is referring to.

So, just had it confirmed by Celebrity……..anyone under 18 does not require a negative PCR test to board. They will only have to take an antigen (lateral flow) at the terminal.  BUT, if you are vaccinated you will require a negative PCR test 72 hrs previous…  Madness……especially given the efficacy of a lateral flow test compared to a PCR test……I questioned why the antigen test should not be ‘in addition’ to the PCR test but to no avail …….it seems like the more sensitive/stringent testing requirement is only for vaccinated guests……crazy. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TC38 said:

So, just had it confirmed by Celebrity……..anyone under 18 does not require a negative PCR test to board. They will only have to take an antigen (lateral flow) at the terminal.  BUT, if you are vaccinated you will require a negative PCR test 72 hrs previous…  Madness……especially given the efficacy of a lateral flow test compared to a PCR test……I questioned why the antigen test should not be ‘in addition’ to the PCR test but to no avail …….it seems like the more sensitive/stringent testing requirement is only for vaccinated guests……crazy. 

I questioned this a few days ago. I might get my 15 year old daughter a PCR test at my own cost a few days before we cruise anyway. Belt and braces!

Im guessing because your arriving in slotted groups they can handle the blocks of luggage once your cleared -- Thats fine if they are running at 1000 pax - not sure what happens if we get past Jul 19th and they follow what the gov website says for UK cruising

Oddly I just got the instruction letter from Saga for the first Discovery cruise (which I have cancelled as they cut out all of Scotland) and they are actually doing it all in your car as you arrive..

@TC38 does bring up a good point though - especially as the laterals can give false positives after having a vaccine!! Bit bizarre

Edited by ighten

3 hours ago, TC38 said:

I agree that it’s difficult to understand this strategy - particularly as we are told that the Delta variant is particularly prevalent in the young and spreading amongst school aged children. Unfortunately I’ll be inclined to give any children on board a wide berth- which is unfair because it isn’t their fault!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spike11 said:

I agree that it’s difficult to understand this strategy - particularly as we are told that the Delta variant is particularly prevalent in the young and spreading amongst school aged children. Unfortunately I’ll be inclined to give any children on board a wide berth- which is unfair because it isn’t their fault!

I agree, not the children/young adults fault. But didn’t Celebrity say it would be fully vaccinated or PCR test if under 18 originally? If so then why the change to lateral flow, particularly as some schools are having to close whole classes due to children testing positive. I’m not sure I’d be happy as a parent if taking a child on board and having to wait to see on the morning of the cruise whether they tested positive.

If the move is to lateral flow only for under 18s then it does change the goal posts - and not positively….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

What happens if you arrive by taxi?

Wouldn't really be an issue with Saga as they provide a chauffeur service inclusive -  If you dont use it you have to ring them and they will give separate instructions. 

On 4/6/2021 at 4:04 AM, sgmn said:

The projected date to allow international travel for holidays is 17th May in the  UK. Looks like there will be a traffic light system for countries  and hopefully America will be green which means no quarentine.  But of course it will also depend if USA will also allow traffic back from UK or Europe for your travel plans to work. 

Wanted to do yet another L&S on this cruise to 2022, however, the itinerary with the exception of LeHarve had been changed!  Just not comfy cruising in Europe 3 months from now.  Canceled it today.  Booked a TA for April 2022 in HAL's Rotterdam so we can see Bruges and Normandy!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mike.S said:

Just seen that our cruise will no longer be stopping at Scottish ports even thought we don't sail until late July, thanks Nicola Sturgeon.

I am a Christian woman who tries very hard not to speak Ill of anyone - some people are however an exception to that rule and she is one of them🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I’m so sorry that people are missing out on the ports they booked and for no apparent good reason. The majority of us up here would love to see you and you can come by car, plane, bicycle etc even by ferry but just not on a cruise ship which is totally ludicrous. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I am a Christian woman who tries very hard not to speak Ill of anyone - some people are however an exception to that rule and she is one of them🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I’m so sorry that people are missing out on the ports they booked and for no apparent good reason. The majority of us up here would love to see you and you can come by car, plane, bicycle etc even by ferry but just not on a cruise ship which is totally ludicrous. 

deleted as comment may have gone against new Covid policy.

Edited by downsmead

1 minute ago, downsmead said:

As long as you are not from Manchester or the other ‘banned’ cities 🤷‍♀️😂

Politics is not allowed on CC or I would let you know exactly what I think about that as well. As you say 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

Just now, Eglesbrech said:

Politics is not allowed on CC or I would let you know exactly what I think about that as well. As you say 🤷‍♀️

Hence why I deleted my comment quickly, realised once I posted it!

• Like 2