Celebrity Silhouette to sail from UK 2021

Ulsteinvik

Our 3rd July Baltic sailing has been cancelled (second year running for us) and we have decided to take the refund option. Unfortunately no one seems to have told the IT department and the link in the email says that I’m not eligible for a refund as only sailings up to the end of May have been cancelled.  Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing again.

Phone lines are, as expected, stupid busy. Will try again tomorrow.

Debbie

1 hour ago, Groovybusybee said:

Our 3rd July Baltic sailing has been cancelled (second year running for us) and we have decided to take the refund option. Unfortunately no one seems to have told the IT department and the link in the email says that I’m not eligible for a refund as only sailings up to the end of May have been cancelled.  Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing again.

Phone lines are, as expected, stupid busy. Will try again tomorrow.

Debbie

Count your blessing that your cruise has been cancelled. This morning I had to make final payment for 27 June 2021 sailing departing from Fort Lauderdale on Equinox even though we don't know if we can enter the United States as "foreigners".

3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Did you book direct or via a third party?  My Agent (at Celebrity) sent me an email shortly after 9 am telling me that the new sailings would not be available to book until 6th April.  This was followed at 9.45 am with the cancellation notification of my 26th August Fjords sailing.  

We've now received the cancellation notice direct from Celebrity although we had booked through a 3rd party. So disappointed not to be sailing on the refurbished Silhouette, sailing around the UK just doesn't have the same attraction for us. We'd booked this cruise in January 2019 and lifted and shifted from last summer and unfortunately theres not a comparable cruise next summer. Looks like it may have to be a refund 🤔

1 hour ago, Cruising is my passion said:

I just read under Cruise News, Celebrity, that the RT UK cruises on the Silhouette, starting in July,  will NOT mandate vaccinations of crew. Why mandate passengers but not the crew? 

Makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 1

I just read under Cruise News, Celebrity, that the RT UK cruises on the Silhouette, starting in July,  will NOT mandate vaccinations of crew. Why mandate passengers but not the crew? 

If true - criminal and requires UK government intervention.

P&O who were the first cruise line to launch UK staycation cruises, will sail with unvaccinated crew but all passengers will have to be vaccinated. Presumably this is satisfactory to the UK government as otherwise they would not be allowed to sail. However the crew will have completed 2 weeks quarantine

I think the reason bookings cannot be made until the 6th is that the UK government is making its announcement about travel and incoming borders control (which will affect incoming crew) on 5 April. It may be the whole idea has to go off the table for July. Staycations are certainly encouraged however group cruising (anywhere) is currently in contravention of rules.  P and O and Viking are chancing what the government might say.  Whilst there was a hint it would be OK, there are now concerns about importation of virus from overseas.  

We have been virtually locked in for a year, the last three months totally locked down.  I am very interested in travelling again and should be fully vaccinated by May but I am not sure I want to go on a large vessel with unvaccinated crew.  I would be happier on a small vessel with a fully vaccinated crew but I will keep an open mind.

Also excited to hear of cruises restarting but agree with what others have written in regards to crew not being vaccinated. I can’t believe they will not be getting off the ship in between cruises as that would be appalling. But they need to ensure rigorous testing of crew 

On 3/25/2021 at 7:54 PM, BigAl94 said:

I can assure you no cruise ships full of visitors will be visiting Belfast in 2021

Really? Woo hoo! See you in Belfast and looking forward to your warm welcome.

Edited by swjumbo

5 hours ago, Yorkshire-Pudding said:

This is the flyer received this morning from Celebrity UK which is addressed to Captain's Club members. No prices or itinerary provided beyond 6 or 8 night sailings commencing 3 July 2021 from Southampton.

image.png.3133dd443d287b0eb027709a7a74943e.png

A TA that contacted me with regards to the Apex sailings also said about these ones. Balcony prices were in the region of £1,099 for 6 day and £1,499 for 8 day sailing. I must admit I didn’t pay too much attention as I am not particularly interested in these. The price difference between the 6 and 8 surprised me though. 
I have just seen that an online TA has prices on their website.

Edited by downsmead

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

MSC also announced today they will be doing UK only cruises on Virtuosa this summer. Vaccines are not required for guests and no crew vaccine requirement. 

Really hope they are not playing with fire with these decisions. 

Remember Feb/March 2020...if this is true, they have not learned a lesson and here in the US, I am glad the CDC is keeping them shut down!!

These UK cruises risk outbreaks within the unvaccinated crew, who are housed tightly together in the lower part of the ships.  That is an irresponsible way for a company to treat its employees.  Why is it OK to require vaccines for adult passengers but not their crew?  If there are crew outbreaks this will set back cruising in general and in the US in particular as the CDC will take notice even if they have no jurisdiction there.  It just seems very foolish for Celebrity to take this risk.  Vaccinate the hard-working crew too! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

These UK cruises risk outbreaks within the unvaccinated crew, who are housed tightly together in the lower part of the ships.  That is an irresponsible way for a company to treat its employees.  Why is it OK to require vaccines for adult passengers but not their crew?  If there are crew outbreaks this will set back cruising in general and in the US in particular as the CDC will take notice even if they have no jurisdiction there.  It just seems very foolish for Celebrity to take this risk.  Vaccinate the hard-working crew too! 

The crew will be vaccinated for these sailings.