Spain, Italy and France cruise ports open?

Anonymoussol

Hello All,

Like all of you I am anxious to get back out on the water. I am currently books on an NCL cruise out of Miami in July but now have no faith that will happen. I see and NCL cruise with the exact same dates leaving out of Spain and cruising Italy and France.  

My question..

Are those ports open currently for cruising or are they still closed? 

I dont want to book another cruise and have it cancelled again. 

Thank you for any information you can send my way.

44 minutes ago, Anonymoussol said:

Hello All,

Like all of you I am anxious to get back out on the water. I am currently books on an NCL cruise out of Miami in July but now have no faith that will happen. I see and NCL cruise with the exact same dates leaving out of Spain and cruising Italy and France.  

My question..

Are those ports open currently for cruising or are they still closed? 

I dont want to book another cruise and have it cancelled again. 

Thank you for any information you can send my way.

Hi Anonymoussol, another one here who is counting the days to sailing again.

Cannot speak for Italy and France (but hoping as we are booked MSC)  but Spain, in my opinion but speaking as a long term Resident,  is certainly not on the cards for reopening anytime soon for cruise passengers.

The Vaccination programme in mainland Spain is at present a bit of a non starter but hope is on the horizon.   Internal borders between  regions  are still closed and we have a 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew which is a lot better than the hard lockdown we have endured since March 13th 2020.

I really don't mind being proved wrong, but  personally, I cannot see Spanish ports opening to cruise passengers at least for the next few months if this year at all.

• Like 1

I don’t really have an answer for you.  But here are my thoughts. 
 I am waiting on a possible trip (land) involving Ireland and  Scotland. Which  I don’t think will happen. I wasn’t really happy with the tour company’s answers to “will this trip go?”   So I looked into local news.  I started following local news and found an incredible amount of information. Timelines, vaccines numbers, CoVID  numbers, lockdowns.. more than anyone here wants to know.  LOL This is Enough to convince me to hold off on giving any company any money I can not get right back.. just yet.   Flights to Europe aren’t inexpensive  either. 

You can have get daily emails delivered to your inbox or follow social media for local news.  I even follow the PM of both countries on social media. 

But also,  All of the countries you list are part of the EU.  The vaccine roll out there is not going smoothly.  Some of the countries are in strict lockdown.  Even if the US allows travel, the question is, will the EU let you in?  I did find out that vaccine passports are being considered as a solution for Sumer travel, but most likely will involve travel between the EU countries and/or the UK only.  

Sadly some of these countries still have challenges.  Hope this helps. 

Also kinda agree with the previous poster. How things get better for you. 

We cancelled a June Europe trip on MSC.  The general discussion on MSC boards is ships that will sail, at least through June, will be limited to country of embarkation.  Examples have been Italy only or UK only.

Currently, "Non-essential travel (i.e., tourism) to Italy from most non-EU countries (including the United States) is prohibited."

https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/#:~:text=Non-essential travel (i.e., tourism) to Italy from most,businesspersons, EU residents, and relatives of Italian citizens.

Here is another source of travel data:

https://untolditaly.com/can-you-travel-to-italy/

Edited by HuliHuli
Add link