Update on Facts Related to Celebrity's Return to Service

Host Anne

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

The certificates we received for our numerous tests didn’t mention specifics...

Thats part of my concern as well. I’ve had many covid tests and the results have never stated the type of test or source of the swab. 

The original test result to be uploaded as part of EHAS application procedure must clearly specify the name of the laboratory or clinic, full name of test subject, type of test administered, name of antigen test, swab date, source of the swab, result date and a negative result. 

18 hours ago, CynthiaP said:

This is why cruise ships and countries will continue to require frequent virus testing. How else could  cruise ships protect passengers when you have other passengers with fake CDC cards and fake information on the cell phone programs. Which is why we're waiting to travel until the CDC indicates there is enough herd immunity and the virus has stopped the high rate of spread. 

Why does cruise ship company need to protect passengers? I will be vaccinated and willing to take small chance my vaccine won’t protect me. 

3 hours ago, Seany527 said:

Thats part of my concern as well. I’ve had many covid tests and the results have never stated the type of test or source of the swab. 

Type of test - PCR or antigen - yes, that’s mentioned on the test certificate. Type of swab... no.

And some did nose, some did throat, some did both and only one or two did the unpleasant nasopharyngeal swab. 

Not that I mind, however, I still wonder how they want to check it.

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Erm I think you'll find that they're NOT - certainly not in Europe nor for travellers from Europe

Our Data is private and cannot simply be accessed by a cruise line or any other 3rd party.

There is no need to. As a passenger you have to prove that you are vaccinated.

If you can’t, you can cruise. It’s as simple as that. 

FYI: I have been vaccinated last week. In Europe... and I can prove it. So can any other vaccinated European I know 👍

Edited by Miaminice

29 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

There is no need to. As a passenger you have to prove that you are vaccinated.

If you can’t, you can cruise. It’s as simple as that. 

FYI: I have been vaccinated last week. In Europe... and I can prove it. So can any other vaccinated European I know 👍

During a TA webinar by the Celebrity Sales SVP last week, she said they would accept the card and if if looked questionable they would reach out to the state government databases for verification.  I suspect this database is acceptable by all medical personnel.  Perhaps Celebrity would hand this duty off to their medical staff.  I don't know if all states maintain this database, but this is what she said. Perhaps they would try to do the same for residents of any country.

2 hours ago, dodger1964 said:

Why does cruise ship company need to protect passengers? I will be vaccinated and willing to take small chance my vaccine won’t protect me. 

The cruise lines need also to protect the people in all of the countries that the ship visitis.  

9 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

During a TA webinar by the Celebrity Sales SVP last week, she said they would accept the card and if if looked questionable they would reach out to the state government databases for verification.  I suspect this database is acceptable by all medical personnel.  Perhaps Celebrity would hand this duty off to their medical staff.  I don't know if all states maintain this database, but this is what she said. Perhaps they would try to do the same for residents of any country.

Sounds like Celebrity are assuming all cruisers are coming from the US...seems to be a trend on this thread.

4 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Sounds like Celebrity are assuming all cruisers are coming from the US...seems to be a trend on this thread.

I don't see that anywhere.  I don't see anywhere during the descriptions of the Millennium or Apex sailings that they are limited to US passengers.  But if you don't find this thread useful, you have options. 

Edited by ipeeinthepool

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I don't see that anywhere.  I don't see anywhere during the descriptions of the Millennium or Apex sailings that they are limited to US passengers.  But if you don't find this thread useful, you have options. 

I didn't think the cruises were limited to US passengers either however I was starting to wonder.  Some of the comments seem to be focused on how US citizens can prove they have been vaccinated and/or tested including the fact this was a topic of discussion at Celebrity led webinar.  Just want to be sure I didn't miss something.

These Celebrity cruises are open to individuals from all countries.  I haven't seen anything on the Celebrity's website nor has my TA said anything about any countries being banned.  The majority of members on Cruise Critic are from the States so you are going to naturally see more posts from those in the US.

HOWEVER, there are country bans in place by other countries.  For example, if you review the St. Maarten travel requirements, you'll see they currently have a list of banned countries whose citizens cannot get into St. Maarten at this point in time.  These are the types of things that could/probably will change as time goes on.  So it's important that everyone interested in cruising, knows what is required in order for them to be able to cruise.

I'm really grateful for all the information Host Anne. I'm guessing they'll apply to the Athens Apex sailings too. 

Of course I understand that the majority of posters are US based, but as you said everyone must appreciate that not everyone is based there.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 8:26 AM, ATXBecky said:

What about transportation to and from the airport when you have Celeb air? Do we need arrange that or does Celeb include it?

My TA asked Celebrity about airport transfers. She was told Celebrity will not have transportation available but there should be taxis available.

7 hours ago, silkismom said:

Sure glad that I booked an Aug cruise, things SHOULD be worked out by then.

I am now at the point where I have do not have any confidence, all parties involved in the decision making process will ever come to an agreeable solution!!!!  

4 minutes ago, jtwind said:

Has b2b issue been decided?

We had our X PVP on Friday extend the holds on our cabin reserved for our b2b2b in July until Tuesday on the outside chance the powers that be change their minds over the weekend. Not holding our breath, but I'll post an update here once we get the final word, hopefully before Tuesday evening.

I've taken the Binax Now Antigen Rapid test from Walgreens several times, and I will tell you it is on the list of accepted 48hr Antigen Tests for the country SXM, however it DOES NOT have swab source and a couple other details on the pdf report.  

I b believe this is going to be a problem folks.  Finding a test that will truly satisfy their needs will be a challenge.  As it seems now, I will need to drive to either Manhattan or Jersey City, NJ from CT to get a RT-PCR that will have the information they require and it will cost 2-300$ to get it back within a day or two. I know you need 5 days, but we're planning on two nights in SXM prior to sailing, not taking two tests so to meet the requirements of both sXM and Celebrity it will need to come back quickly to upload it and be within the window of both island arrival and cruise ship boarding.

11 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

You will need to find a different testing site.

My PCR tests during the holidays with Walgreens while it said 48-72hrs took over a week to get back, granted it was Christmas, however proved the "not guaranteed" point.

12 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Type of test - PCR or antigen - yes, that’s mentioned on the test certificate. Type of swab... no.

And some did nose, some did throat, some did both and only one or two did the unpleasant nasopharyngeal swab. 

Not that I mind, however, I still wonder how they want to check it.

You are spot on my friend. 

7 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

My PCR tests during the holidays with Walgreens while it said 48-72hrs took over a week to get back, granted it was Christmas, however proved the "not guaranteed" point.

I haven't done a lot of searching, but I am aware of a couple of sites around me in the Detroit area that offer 24 hour PCR results, I suspect that 24 hr tests are available in most major metropolitan areas to support international travel.