minidonuts85

https://www.windstarcruises.com/travel-health-advisory/

Star Breeze – June 19, 2021 – Caribbean
Wind Star – June 19, 2021 – Mediterranean
Wind Spirit – July 15, 2021 – Tahiti
Wind Surf – August 8, 2021 – Mediterranean
Star Legend – September 4, 2021 – Northern Europe
Star Pride – November 3, 2021 – Caribbean

I was looking at the website yesterday, specifically at the itineraries being offered in July and August. Windstar is limiting its itineraries to the locations that will be welcoming cruise ships and tourists such as Greece, the Caribbean and (hopefully) French Polynesia. I think these cruises may actually have a chance of sailing!

3 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/travel-health-advisory/

Star Breeze – June 19, 2021 – Caribbean
Wind Star – June 19, 2021 – Mediterranean
Wind Spirit – July 15, 2021 – Tahiti
Wind Surf – August 8, 2021 – Mediterranean
Star Legend – September 4, 2021 – Northern Europe
Star Pride – November 3, 2021 – Caribbean

You almost ruined my day! But I followed the link to the WS page, and all is good, so far.

According to the WS page, the dates you show in your note are not cancellations, but rather are the dates when travel is expected to resume. So a November 3 resumption of operation for the Star Pride in the Caribbean gives me hope that my mid-January 2022 trip on Star Pride will actually happen.

Stan

Thank you minidonuts85, This reminded me of last year. We were scheduled 9/29/20 Rome to Malta and around this time they moved the Surf Med cruises to August, then cancelled. This year try again 9/29 Rome Malta Surf now the Med cancelled until 8/8. Given what friends in Europe are saying and the horrid shape France, Italy and Spain are in I am losing hope for Rome/Malta. Also Scandinavia, our dearest friends live in Sweden, their roll out slow, so far only 80+ are now being vaccinated. Not a good omen for that area either. I am also disappointed that WS had not come out with a vaccine policy, vaccines are mandatory, like many other large and small cruising companies have. I have made my air for 12/18 Surf cruise. I have hope the Caribbean will go, worried about vaccine policy, I hope WS will take the high road and  make them mandatory. Happy Sailing

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

You almost ruined my day! But I followed the link to the WS page, and all is good, so far.

According to the WS page, the dates you show in your note are not cancellations, but rather are the dates when travel is expected to resume. So a November 3 resumption of operation for the Star Pride in the Caribbean gives me hope that my mid-January 2022 trip on Star Pride will actually happen.

Stan

Well, this announcement may not have meant a cancellation for YOU, but it certainly meant a cancellation for lots of people. My July cruise on the Star Legend was cancelled by this announcement.

2 hours ago, avalong said:

Well, this announcement may not have meant a cancellation for YOU, but it certainly meant a cancellation for lots of people. My July cruise on the Star Legend was cancelled by this announcement.

Sorry, I had no intention to minimize the upcoming cancellations. I know the pain, I have had 10 trips involving 17± cruise legs cancelled or rescheduled since March 2020. I recently cancelled and moved my last remaining 2021 trip, a 4-week Iceland trip that was to happen this August, but now is reconfigured and delayed to August 2022. Nothing left on the books for us in 2021, and my next hope is for Jan-Feb 2022 on what will be our first Windstar cruise. When I saw the title of the post "Windstar Cancellations as of..." and then saw the listing, it seemed that the poster was pointing to Caribbean cancellations in November 2021, among other changes. It was only when I clicked through to the Windstar page that I found that those dates are not about cancellations, but rather about when they plan to resume service. For me, a big difference! 

No, I wasn’t pointing to Caribbean cancellations. 

I’ve made at least two other posts regarding  the cancellations with the same topic title; seemed there were no prior concerns with the meaning of the post and the info. Glad the link was helpful. 

Edited by minidonuts85
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 11:01 AM, minidonuts85 said:

No, I wasn’t pointing to Caribbean cancellations. 

I’ve made at least two other posts regarding  the cancellations with the same topic title; seemed there were no prior concerns with the meaning of the post and the info. Glad the link was helpful. 

It would have been more clear to include the heading that goes above the list of dates instead of just posting a list of dates without an indication of the meaning:

New timeline for resumption of operations

For the first time, I am hopeful with the vaccine roll-out that this will be the last update of the dates.

We are scheduled for 18 days Athens to Barcelona in Fall 21 and I think it will go. I also hope that they will be able to loosen up on the private excursion and independent wandering around in ports by then. We might cancel if they don't but I'm torn. 

2 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

It would have been more clear to include the heading that goes above the list of dates instead of just posting a list of dates without an indication of the meaning:

New timeline for resumption of operations

For the first time, I am hopeful with the vaccine roll-out that this will be the last update of the dates.

We are scheduled for 18 days Athens to Barcelona in Fall 21 and I think it will go. I also hope that they will be able to loosen up on the private excursion and independent wandering around in ports by then. We might cancel if they don't but I'm torn. 

You must be on the 11/4 departure? We're on the same itin, but we're doing the Collector version, so after Barcelona we stay on to Lisbon via Morocco and the Canaries. 

Or if you're 18 days you must be on a different itin.

Flights are booked but cancellable with no fee. We used WS credits for the cruise and United credits for the flights.

Edited by milepig
second thought.

37 minutes ago, milepig said:

You must be on the 11/4 departure? We're on the same itin, but we're doing the Collector version, so after Barcelona we stay on to Lisbon via Morocco and the Canaries. 

Or if you're 18 days you must be on a different itin.

Flights are booked but cancellable with no fee. We used WS credits for the cruise and United credits for the flights.

We are on the Star Collector that starts 25 Oct so the second segment of our trip will be the first segment of yours. Our first segment is Athens to Athens and then we stay on for Athens to Barcelona.

Mini donuts

Your original posting falls under the category of “no good deed goes unpunished”.

I didn't find it confusing at all and I appreciated the fact that you immediately posted the information shortly after it was released.

If I did find it unclear, again I didn’t,  I would have read it again and figured it out before I advertised my confusion, but that’s just me.

Thanks again for keeping us current.

• Like 1