Show your support for the return of cruising in US

Margarita Jane

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Mayor of Miami-Dade.

I appreciate her community's need to open the economic 'door' to cruising....now that the CDC has lifted travel restrictions, I wonder if they'll now allow cruising out of Florida's ports?  Completely vaccinated passengers and crew of course.

22 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I appreciate her community's need to open the economic 'door' to cruising....now that the CDC has lifted travel restrictions, I wonder if they'll now allow cruising out of Florida's ports?  Completely vaccinated passengers and crew of course.

While the CDC now says that "People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States",  there remain numerous international destinations for which it has a Level 4 "VERY HIGH" COVID-19 risk assessment and recommendation that "Travelers should avoid all travel to these destinations." As most popular Caribbean destination are assessed as posing a Level 4 risk, it will be interesting to see how this will play out in the weeks and months ahead.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

While the CDC now says that "People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States",  there remain numerous international destinations for which it has a Level 4 "VERY HIGH" COVID-19 risk assessment and recommendation that "Travelers should avoid all travel to these destinations." As most popular Caribbean destination are assessed as posing a Level 4 risk, it will be interesting to see how this will play out in the weeks and months ahead.  

I see.  Wording suggest travel 'within' the US.  So perhaps sailing OUT of US may be a possibility, but not many ports to sail TO.  Might have been premature to set up these summer sailings.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Not that easy.  Still much to consider such as vaccinations of porters, immigration and cruise line contract people ate the port.  Then there are concerns over local hotel and restaurants supporting travelers, rental and car park companies, etc.  Add in health screenings which will add processing time.  Cruise lines remain reticent to provide any details on how they will alter/improve pre and post cruise port operations, much less the changes required on board.

Governor DeSantis has said that companies in Florida cannot require proof of Covid vaccinations. How will that affect cruises? Sounds to me that Florida will be off limits even when cruising begins. I know I won't cruise without vaccine requirements.

• Like 1