Tokyo International Cruise Terminal Station

The-Inside-Cabin

We hope to arrive at the Tokyo International Cruise Terminal in March 2021on the ms Zaandam.   It looks like a reasonable walk to the Tokyo International Cruise Terminal Station.   A few questions.

The Tokyo International Cruise Terminal Station is on the Yurikamome line and it looks like the best transfer point to other lines would be Shimbashi Sation where every major Tokyo rail.subway line has a connection.

Can you buy a one day Tokyo Metro Pass at the Tokyo International Cruise Terminal Station or in the cruise terminal, or must you buy a one way Yurikamone line ticket to get to Shimbashi station and then buy your day pass at Shimbashi?   Can you find a ticket machine that will take Master Card/Visa at Tokyo International Cruise Terminal Station and/or Shimbashi Station.  

What is the biggest bill the machines accept?  If my smallest bill is 10,000 Yen, should i plan i having to break it someone first before enterting the train/subwat system?

Is Uber widely available in Central Tokyo?

Thanks!

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

Do you mean to say March 2022 ??

It is a very reasonable walk from the Cruise Terminal to the Subway Station. The station was previously called Fune-no-Kogakukan, but was renamed when the new cruise terminal was built.

The Yurikamome line is a bit different from most other Tokyo Subway lines. The trains are elevated and driverless. All tickets / passes are interchangeable with the other lines.

Japanese subways and trains do not accept credit cards. Cash only.

The largest banknote in Japan is 10,000 Yen (Ichiman-en). All ticket vending machines in Japan accept a 10,000 yen note.

Currently they are not selling day passes at the International Cruise Terminal Subway Station - but that is probably due to the fact that no ships are calling there as yet. They will most likely sell them in future. Worst case; buy a local one-way ticket to Shimbashi, (290 yen) and buy a pass there.

We have Uber in Japan, but it is used mostly for delivering takeaway food (UberEats). Taking an Uber Taxi in Tokyo is actually more costly than a regular taxi before midnight, and slightly less costly than a regular taxi after midnight.

Not to worry, there are plenty taxis in central Tokyo. If you do not speak Japanese, it is helpful to have your destination printed in Japanese or English. The driver can read either one. Tokyo taxis are fantastic. The flag fall was recently reduced by 40%, making short trips very affordable.

13 hours ago, BruceMuzz said:

Do you mean to say March 2022 ??

It is a very reasonable walk from the Cruise Terminal to the Subway Station. The station was previously called Fune-no-Kogakukan, but was renamed when the new cruise terminal was built.

The Yurikamome line is a bit different from most other Tokyo Subway lines. The trains are elevated and driverless. All tickets / passes are interchangeable with the other lines.

Japanese subways and trains do not accept credit cards. Cash only.

The largest banknote in Japan is 10,000 Yen (Ichiman-en). All ticket vending machines in Japan accept a 10,000 yen note.

Currently they are not selling day passes at the International Cruise Terminal Subway Station - but that is probably due to the fact that no ships are calling there as yet. They will most likely sell them in future. Worst case; buy a local one-way ticket to Shimbashi, (290 yen) and buy a pass there.

We have Uber in Japan, but it is used mostly for delivering takeaway food (UberEats). Taking an Uber Taxi in Tokyo is actually more costly than a regular taxi before midnight, and slightly less costly than a regular taxi after midnight.

Not to worry, there are plenty taxis in central Tokyo. If you do not speak Japanese, it is helpful to have your destination printed in Japanese or English. The driver can read either one. Tokyo taxis are fantastic. The flag fall was recently reduced by 40%, making short trips very affordable.

Yes 2022.   (Smile)

Appreciate the quick and comprehensive reply.   If you use a ¥10,000 bill for a ¥290 fare, how do you get change?  A bag of ¥100 coins or smaller paper bills? 

Do taxis take credit cards?    Is is customary to "round up" the fare and leave the small change? 

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

If you feed a 10,000 yen note into a vending machine anywhere in Japan, your change will be a combination of banknotes and coins - exactly like if you did it in a shop. For a 290 yen ticket, your change would be 1x5,000 yen note, 4x1,000 yen notes, 1x500 yen coin, 2x100 yen coins, 1x10 yen coin.

Most taxis in the major cities take credit cards. But they do not always accept Western Credit cards. In most cases the taxi will have a small sign on the side - or inside - listing credit cards accepted.

If you are not sure, just ask: "Kurejittokādo wa daijōbudesuka?" or show the driver the Japanese Translation: クレジットカードは大丈夫ですか?

Tipping  - even a very small tip - is a big no-no in Japan. Don't even try.

• 2 years later...

I'm going to be arriving at the international  cruise terminal early (from airport) - do you know if there is a place I can leave my luggage there before I can board my ship (so I can explore the area)  ? Thanks (1st time on a cruise for a long time)

59 minutes ago, fiw207 said:

I'm going to be arriving at the international  cruise terminal early (from airport) - do you know if there is a place I can leave my luggage there before I can board my ship (so I can explore the area)  ? Thanks (1st time on a cruise for a long time)

Here is the Tokyo International cruise terminal 2023 schedule:
https://www.kouwan.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/kanko/cruiseshipschedule2023_En.pdf

No storage locker in the cruise terminal, 

Tokyo Teleport Station - coin lockers
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.6275196,139.7786572,2a,54.2y,283.15h,83.63t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2NUjoqkuLCB2wp-9JC5msg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?entry=ttu

Daiba Station and Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba - coin lockers
https://www.google.com/maps/place/コインロッカー/@35.6255125,139.7715593,3a,75y/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipMObFuD6EprXYxhZKPlH6sMCRPc9MsXPsxhHwpg!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMObFuD6EprXYxhZKPlH6sMCRPc9MsXPsxhHwpg%3Dw203-h135-k-no!7i4032!8i2688!4m11!1m2!2m1!1scoin+locker!3m7!1s0x60188b0ad717b747:0x448b3ff4fbb3713a!8m2!3d35.6256892!4d139.7716582!10e5!15sCgtjb2luIGxvY2tlcpIBFGNvaW5fb3BlcmF0ZWRfbG9ja2Vy4AEA!16s%2Fg%2F11y1h2tjbv?entry=ttu

both are one or two subway stops from Tokyo International Cruise Terminal Station