Why Adventure?

16 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Larger crews would also mean a bigger potential for outbreak among the staff or more widespread outbreak among the staff?

Actually, newer, larger ships do 2 crew per cabin vs 4 on the older, smaller ones. 😉

That's my understanding

15 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Adventure is actually a nice mid-size ship, we sailed her last year. Not amped like Navigator or Mariner, but still a nice ship. I think it is a good choice for the Caribbean.

It certainly is not a small ship.  Sailed her many times out of San Juan.

Edited by nelblu

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is a well know fact, at least to most of us, that the different classes of RCI ships have different amenities, venues, and provide different cruise experiences. I don't expect the same entertainment when I am on Adventure as when I am on Oasis, therefore, I am not disappointed. If suite amenities are that important to you then you have to book a ship that provides what you need. It does little good to book a ship that is obviously lacking in what is important to you and the complain about a subpar experience. 

The issue was is that we had sailed on freedom class, oasis class and quantum class.  First two multiple times.  We decided to try the Adventure.  First time trying that class of ship so our expectations were set 

Just now, Cruise a holic said:

The issue was is that we had sailed on freedom class, oasis class and quantum class.  First two multiple times.  We decided to try the Adventure.  First time trying that class of ship so our expectations were set 

Doesn't Freedom have its SL and reserved deck seating in the same location as Adventure?

18 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

True.  That is why we have put off any cruising until 2022.  Planning other vacations now

We are booked on Oasis from New York (NJ) in August travelling from the UK so hoping to cruise. It may be wishful thinking but really hopeful we can travel, four months..... who knows.

Edited by Tin can

Just now, Heymarco said:

Would you expect the same experience at the Ritz Carlton and Marriott since they are under same brand? As others have stated, don’t think you can compare a ship that offers suite class verses one that is 1/2 the size. Royal is very up front about the difference. 

Exactly, there is not the slightest nefarious cover up about the amenities available on the various ships. And anyone on C.C. has the ability to get the information they need from loads of experienced people.

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Doesn't Freedom have its SL and reserved deck seating in the same location as Adventure?

It didn't when they sailed her would be my guess. The new layout is a big improvement according to most folks

12 minutes ago, Tin can said:

We are booked on Oasis from New York (NJ) in August travelling from the UK so hoping to cruise. It may be wishful thinking but really hopeful we can travel, four months..... who knows.

We canceled our oasis sailing for august .  😢

9 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We were on the Adventure and found it fair at best.  We sail in a suite and the perks on the Adventure are sub par.  Missing many of the bells and whistles, suite deck, restaurant and real lounge.  Has a makeshift lounge for suite guests.  Cabins need updating.

This is not an "Adventure of the Seas thing."

It's a "Not an Oasis or Quantum class ship thing."

• Like 1

I would bet that there's a cost analysis by RCL as to why Adventure that has nothing to do with amenities and has everything to do with things like how many passengers to break even, how many flight seats are available, on board spending, etc....

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I've been on a lot of suites and never once did I think "man this room is a dump, it needs fully replaced"

one for me --- junior suite ---  old ship ---- but that's a whole other story.   hahaha

2/3rds of 85 my nights at see have been on Mariner and Navigator. The rest on Freedom and Radiance.

I’m more than happy with Adventure. Would have been on Odyssey and Harmony this summer but we all know how that went.

After this summers cruise I have a B2B on Carnival Mardi Gras for Xmas and New Years for first cheap plus $600 in on board credit for each. Offer was to good to refuse. Then I am back to one of Royals big ships out Ft Lauderdale next March and B2B on Radiance next summer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was never part of the old DL. the DL has always been in the starboard side of the crown.

I should have clarified that it was used as DL overflow.

Biker, who was on Adventure on her first sailing out of dry dock when the SL was established.

Edited by Biker19

Just to clarify, I wasn't finding fault with Adventure at all, I was booked on her prepandemic.

I just was trying to put a finger on the "thinking " behind it.    Like why not Freedom or Indy or Liberty. 

"OurBeach" made a good argument, as usual. 

We're excited to try Adventure... I was just curious to hear the theories.