When (if) cruising returns to normal where would you go first?

Loreni

Where would I go first?

See below........I am still  hopeful. 🤔

Just booked a pre-cruise hotel for Port Everglades before our December 2021 cruise. Price on that hotel was about $25 less than it was our last cruise from Port Everglades in November 2019. If cruising starts up again in the next several months I bet the hotel prices rise!

I can always cancel the hotel for a refund if needed....along with cancelling the cruise itself and EZ-Air. That would be very disappointing, but I want to see some statistics on successful cruises from the USA before I make my final payment. Wish me luck.😎

Edited by PaperSniper4

9 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Just booked a pre-cruise hotel for Port Everglades before our December 2021 cruise

we've enjoyed staying at the Hilton Inn Marina - directly looking at the Port and Pier 2 

the first time only stayed the night before - the next time - "Let's stay 2 nights" - we stayed 2 nights before a little 4 day cruise - took the water taxi tour, which has a landing right at the hotel

• Like 1

"When (if) cruising returns to normal where would you go first?" 

Guess I'm not very imaginative......   Where I would first is the closest embarkation Port on the first cruise I could book.

•  
Edited by TNTLAMB

We like to travel on our own and then cruise to travel back home or to relax before going back home. We have 3 cruises booked that would fit the bill for us: a November 2021 TA; an April 2022 Trans Pacific out of Sydney; and a Baltic cruise in September 2022.

We have EZair flexible tickets booked for the November TA (not sure this one will go ahead given current state of pandemic).  We are hoping to go in early October and spend a month in Europe before cruising back to North America. 

For the Trans Pacific we have booked business class tickets to Australia using our Aeroplan points (fully refundable of course). We would fly in mid March to spend a few weeks in Australia before the cruise. We are thinking of booking a March 2023 similar cruise out of Sydney as a back-up just in case...

We have not yet made plans around the September 2022 Baltic cruise but I am hopeful that this one will sail.

On 3/31/2021 at 7:06 AM, voljeep said:

we've enjoyed staying at the Hilton Inn Marina - directly looking at the Port and Pier 2 

In 2018 Hilton announced this hotel was sold which I discovered trying to make reservations. Now I'm not so sure the sale is going through as here in 2021 I can still book it.

Oh yeah, we're planning to head to South America and Antarctica when cruising returns!

Edited by beg3yrs

On 3/28/2021 at 9:13 PM, Treasure Hunter said:

If you decide on the ‘round U.K. be sure to time it so you can go to the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh. A wonderful memory.i think the do it in July and August.

2021 dates are 6-28th August

2022 dates (estimated) are 5-27th August