Jump to content

Current Azamara Sale is Real – Expires March 31


Recommended Posts

I just saved 30% by rebooking my Pursuit September 2022 cruise under the soon-to-expire Azamara sale.  The sale has been going on for a while, but I'm pretty sure my cruise was only added recently.  The cabin fares were reduced by exactly 30%, as touted in the sale banner for this cruise.  [It is part of the "Up to 40% off" sale, but most cruises seem to be getting 30%.  But the point is that it is a real 30% off.]

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I just saved 30% by rebooking my Pursuit September 2022 cruise under the soon-to-expire Azamara sale.  The sale has been going on for a while, but I'm pretty sure my cruise was only added recently.  The cabin fares were reduced by exactly 30%, as touted in the sale banner for this cruise.  [It is part of the "Up to 40% off" sale, but most cruises seem to be getting 30%.  But the point is that it is a real 30% off.]

Did you get the $500 OBC as well?  I did on one of mine but they wouldn't allow it on the other unless I cancelled and rebooked at the higher price.  Bah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Did you get the $500 OBC as well?  I did on one of mine but they wouldn't allow it on the other unless I cancelled and rebooked at the higher price.  Bah.

Yes, it's listed on my new Booking Confirmation.  Then I decided to use the savings (plus just a little more 😉) to upgrade to a CO suite – the upgrade confirmation shows the $500 plus another $600 OBC for a CO suite.  Now I'm going over the Azamara Shore Excursions looking for ways to spend all that OBC!!!  [We got caught on our Costa Rica cruise when the Captain pulled into port early and they closed the ship's store while we were on the checkout line – OBC gone! :classic_ohmy:]

 

This sale offer includes "free wi-fi*" but doesn't explain (and the asterisk goes nowhere).  The CO suite also includes an Unlimited Internet package or 240 minutes.  And the Discoverer level includes 90 minutes (each).  I wonder if we can put all this together and get enough coverage for 2 Macs and 2 phones and not have to worry about running over the limit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Did you get the $500 OBC as well?  I did on one of mine but they wouldn't allow it on the other unless I cancelled and rebooked at the higher price.  Bah.

Tea Bag, which one of your cruises did you get that on?  I just looked at my invoice and I don't see anything about a $500.00 credit - but I did get the reduced price when you first told me about this back in Dec.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the difference between my experience and @TeaBag's is that my price went down, so I was able to 'rebook' and get both the lower price and the added benefit.  When the price goes up, they don't let you keep your old lower price and also get the new benefit.  But I'm grateful that in my case they didn't charge me the cancellation penalty for 'rebooking.'

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lynda S said:

Tea Bag, which one of your cruises did you get that on?  I just looked at my invoice and I don't see anything about a $500.00 credit - but I did get the reduced price when you first told me about this back in Dec.

The Tokyo to Singapore one, sorry.  I had only booked it a week prior.  I guess they thought I had booked the other one too long ago?  I phoned Azamara and they said I could have it on both of them but the TA would have to phone to get it.  She said I would have to rebook at the higher price.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I think the difference between my experience and @TeaBag's is that my price went down, so I was able to 'rebook' and get both the lower price and the added benefit.  When the price goes up, they don't let you keep your old lower price and also get the new benefit.  But I'm grateful that in my case they didn't charge me the cancellation penalty for 'rebooking.'

Not fair Jazzbeau.  You're just too lucky.  Ever thought of being a TA? 

I will be very interested in seeing where the prices go April 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeaBag said:

Not fair Jazzbeau.  You're just too lucky.  Ever thought of being a TA? 

I will be very interested in seeing where the prices go April 1.

With the amount of time I spend planning my own cruises, I could never afford to plan anyone else's!  [Although I am trying to stop short of my famous 'Bataan death march' shore excursions...]

 

I was actually waiting for a future sale, because if Azamara keeps their historic rotation they will eventually get to the BOGOHO – but that only works out to a 25% discount, so this was truly historic for me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I read their post correctly, someone on the Roll Call for this cruise was able to rebook even though they had the exact same price from an earlier version of this sale.  They got the free wi-fi added, without paying a penalty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I'm finding Azamara really pleasant to work with and I can't wait to taste their wares!  Literally.  hopefully this time next year we will be getting ready to pack.

Very disappointed yesterday to have another cruise cancelled.  Aug 26, Norwegian Fjords (Silhouette) with an itinerary we are not likely to see again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

So far I'm finding Azamara really pleasant to work with and I can't wait to taste their wares!  Literally.  hopefully this time next year we will be getting ready to pack.

Very disappointed yesterday to have another cruise cancelled.  Aug 26, Norwegian Fjords (Silhouette) with an itinerary we are not likely to see again.

If you like Azamara [and I'm sure you will!], watch for their Norwegian Fjords trips.  The small size of the ships means they can sail into Troll Fjord and turn around [they did it during the White Night party, so we were all on deck watching the walls of the Fjord seem to scrape the ship fore and aft – it had just enough room to do the 180 safely!].  Celebrity can't do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the cruises I’m tracking for 2021/22 appear to have better prices in the UK.  It’s interesting it looks like if I book through the US they might be.  The UK pricing appears to be at an exchange rate that applied some time ago. However I’m not risking overseas booking at present 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I just saved 30% by rebooking my Pursuit September 2022 cruise under the soon-to-expire Azamara sale.  The sale has been going on for a while, but I'm pretty sure my cruise was only added recently.  The cabin fares were reduced by exactly 30%, as touted in the sale banner for this cruise.  [It is part of the "Up to 40% off" sale, but most cruises seem to be getting 30%.  But the point is that it is a real 30% off.]


A personal thank you because we were able to rebook an Oct. 2022 cruise at a considerable saving.

 

This sale is clearly directed towards the North American market, and we hope that those in other areas are able to take advantage of a similar offer in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

More thanks! Our wonderful TA was able to take care of this today (we're in the US) for our October '22 Trade Routes cruise. Saved a considerable amount. I also think that this cruise was recently added to the promotion list, as I check frequently. Friends in the UK were able to take advantage of this also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rabo said:

More thanks! Our wonderful TA was able to take care of this today (we're in the US) for our October '22 Trade Routes cruise. Saved a considerable amount. I also think that this cruise was recently added to the promotion list, as I check frequently. Friends in the UK were able to take advantage of this also.

Yes, our TA was able to get us the adjusted price - saved a lot of money. We were surprised to be able to get the adjustment as the ‘Cruise with Confidence’ guarantee only applies to cruises up to April 2022 and historically it has not been easy to get price drops applied to UK bookings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, our TA was able to get us the adjusted price - saved a lot of money. We were surprised to be able to get the adjustment as the ‘Cruise with Confidence’ guarantee only applies to cruises up to April 2022 and historically it has not been easy to get price drops applied to UK bookings.

Maybe this is good news for UK passengers, if the 'new' Azamara decides to open up more sales to you as well as NA customers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Maybe this is good news for UK passengers, if the 'new' Azamara decides to open up more sales to you as well as NA customers.

I suspect many will have missed the boat (pardon the pun) due to time differences. Mine are still not reduced some others I might have looked at are now cheaper but even if we could take a snap decision it’s too late now unless you’ve got an agent on speed dial. 
It will be very interesting to see the next offer which will be the first by newco Azamara 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My November 2021 cruise actually went up a bit. Since I got a fair amount of OBC from my TA, which I would lose if I rebooked. the additional $500 does not make it worth rebooking 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our October 2021 cruise isn't included in the sale and our February 2022 cruise went up quite a bit, but we booked both of these while onboard in March 2020 and I think sometimes the price of a cruise is cheapest if you book while onboard. That was the last trip we were on and it was cut short because of the virus.

 

Isn't it nice to be able to even think about traveling again sooner rather than later? 😷

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2021 at 4:41 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

If you like Azamara [and I'm sure you will!], watch for their Norwegian Fjords trips.  The small size of the ships means they can sail into Troll Fjord and turn around [they did it during the White Night party, so we were all on deck watching the walls of the Fjord seem to scrape the ship fore and aft – it had just enough room to do the 180 safely!].  Celebrity can't do that.

I'd agree. Having done the Fjords on both Celebrity and Azamara they are so much more on Azamara. Of course they are 14 nights as opposed to 8 or 9 on X, but this enables you to get right up to Honingsvåg and Svolvær and see places like Tromsø.  In my view it gets more beautiful the further north you go and at the right time of year truly a midnight sun. 

 

Aside from being able to do Trollfjord, the thing I really found different and liked is the ship spends a lot more time on the inside passage rather than going back out to sea because they are small enough to pass under the various overhead electricity cables. 

 

Photo of us going into Trollfjord. 😎

 

Phil 

E173A220-6592-4542-914F-A362095F0BA6.jpeg

Edited by excitedofharpenden
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Phil.  However we do it, Gerainger has to be on the list!  i've seen so many beautiful pictures of that inlet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeaBag said:

Thank you Phil.  However we do it, Gerainger has to be on the list!  i've seen so many beautiful pictures of that inlet.

Geiranger is beautiful and much photographed. If I was honest I prefer Flåm. The railroad is great. Take a walk from the dock too. Go left rather than right and away from the crowds and a little walk to amazing scenery. When I did it there was nobody around. They'd all turned right!

 

Phil 

 

 

4B4F252E-39E3-4E3D-BDFF-0D278B007145.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, I left Flam off thinking they will be closing to cruise ships.  Both those ports were on our lovely Silhouette cruise that has just cancelled.  I would very much like to see Flam and now you have whetted my appetite more.  We shall see.  Maybe when we're on board the Journey next April we will have someone help us to book the Norwegian Fjords.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Azamara's Norwegian Fjords cruises seem to leave from different ports, but I haven't seen one that starts or ends in Bergen.  That would allow you to take the 'Norway in a Nutshell' train to Oslo, which includes the Flam railway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have been looking and HAL seems to be one of the cruise lines that goes to those two ports.  we have never sailed with them.  Anyway, it will be 2023 before we can see our way to doing this so maybe AZ will have something with Flam and Gerainger.

Edited by TeaBag
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...