Papeete - Hotel for a 4-5 days stay

jomaleo

1 hour ago, jomaleo said:

Hi, do you have reference for an hotel in Papeete, we're thinking staying in Papeete few days post-cruise.

thank you!

Happy Easter holiday everyone !

Depends on your budget  ... the IC is the 'Grand Dame' but the Manava and the Pearl are very nice and usually much less.

If you are on a budget there are two B&B's that I like. Fare Suisse is very popular with cruisers and looking back at posts on this board you'll see it mentioned a lot. It's reasonable at about $100/nite. Clean and comfortable and in residential area where walking to the conveniences of Papeete is easy. They will also take you to or from the airport.

There's an Airbnb that we've stayed at just outside of Papeete in a residential area in Punaauia that is adorable and unbelievably reasonable. A private bungalow, pool, and they will pick you up at the port when you arrive, take you to the airport when you return. They have a car available for rent also. The last time we visited the price was $70/nite.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/21355854?adults=2&check_in=2021-10-12&check_out=2021-10-14&federated_search_id=94d65acb-5a67-48a7-88ad-2a69625c19eb&source_impression_id=p3_1617410727_fXjgtMZSv4JKXa0q&guests=1

Though I personally love the IC but I will be staying at Fare Suisse twice this year  ... it all comes down to budget .... IC has gotten more expensive but Fare Suisse is clean, has A/C, owner will pick you up and your within walking distance to everything in town.

• 8 months later...

As an alternative to the Intercontinental: The old Radisson in Papeete has been taken over by Hilton and renovated. It just reopened in either September or October of 2021. When I was looking recently, they had a very good deal for stays of over three nights.

Blew it and waited till just a few days ago to book Fare Suisse for next August and they were sold out. I guess Tahiti is hot for 2022. I always book a year in advance but this time clumsily not. So we're booked at a friend's nice studio Airbnb in Papeete that's walking distance to everything including the port.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/41911111?federated_search_id=6c5aa67f-48f7-42d0-9525-dd4bdaaa1f0a&source_impression_id=p3_1639406765_C%2BPuFgjIAEbMn0Uy&guests=1&adults=1

I'd like even more if it had a pool but for $74 nite, can't lose.

Leela, I did check the Hilton for 3 nights early August and the rate was still $458, yet only $315 for early 2022. Love the location.