Covid negative test to reenter US

I realize things will change but can someone tell us how Crystal is planning on handling how people can get Covid test to renter US? Yes we will be vaccinated but trying to figure out if we also will need to provide COVID negative test to get back into US.

According to what I read today it seems that fully vaccinated people can travel within the US without the need to isolate upon return or to have a test.   We will have to see what the CDC says in June for what to expect coming back from the Bahamas in July.

Serenity will be outfitted with a fully equipped Covid testing lab.

It will not be an issue.  

I agree with Cruisr that it is possible that in a few months the need for a test if you a coming from the Bahamas or Caribbean could be eliminated.  No one can predict what the CDC will do and since the situation is not stagnant, expect changes in policy.

I think tests make sense even if every body is vaccinated. You can not know for sure if despite vaccination somebody gets COVID (I have just read that the president from Argentina who was vaccinated a long time ago, has just tested positive for COVID despite vaccine). In order to protect others it is important to be tested. In Germany the antigen tests are now free of charge and there are even tests you can buy at discounters to do them at home. In case someone gets positiv with the antigen test than, the PCR test is required to confirm.
Vaccines, testing, masks and distance are all part of the package. Vaccines alone will not make things safer.

Ivi

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

the latest scientific data disputes this

Sources please? Just vaccines would be enough? Nothing else? 
Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
38 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0329-COVID-19-Vaccines.html

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-vaccine-moderna-pfizer-transmission-disease

I'm not saying masks will not be helpful, however, just the vaccination has been shown to reduce transmission.

Ah OK now i understand what you mean. Of course vaccines reduce transmission! But that was not my point. My point is that they are not enough...tests and masks will be still needed .

Ivi

1 hour ago, Nachosdelux said:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0329-COVID-19-Vaccines.html

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-vaccine-moderna-pfizer-transmission-disease

I'm not saying masks will not be helpful, however, just the vaccination has been shown to reduce transmission.

These articles discuss scientific evidence related to the innovative Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines, and the results are reassuring for Americans.  Many other types and brands are used around the world. Travelers intermingle, and some of their jabs may not provide the same degree of assurance.

The vaccines do make us lots safer.

Right now though even with the vaccine they are recommending you wear a mask when in public areas.

Why?

Because even with the vaccine you could still get COVID-19.  While you may not have symptoms and will not be hospitalized and will not die they say they have not yet confirmed if you could spread the virus to others including people not vaccinated.  So right now they say wear the mask, physically distance and wash hand thoroughly and often.

Inside with a small group (small is the key word) where everyone has been vaccinated no masks required.

Keith

I will state the obvious.  American citizens can reenter the United States regardless of anything.  They cannot be denied entry.  Period.  They can be delayed, harassed, annoyed, and mistreated but they cannot be denied entry into the country.   

1 hour ago, Mike808 said:

I will state the obvious.  American citizens can reenter the United States regardless of anything.  They cannot be denied entry.  Period.  They can be delayed, harassed, annoyed, and mistreated but they cannot be denied entry into the country.   

...and if you want to find out just how much CBP can delay, harass, annoy and mistreat you, start a debate about that entry distinction with an immigration officer on the second half of their shift.  😏

Vince

2 hours ago, Mike808 said:

They need to have a negative COVID-19 test or meet the requirements which are clearly noted on the CDC website.  They must show the results when they check in for their flight.

Have no idea what you are talking about as to harassed, annoyed, or mistreated.

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

They need to have a negative COVID-19 test or meet the requirements which are clearly noted on the CDC website.  They must show the results when they check in for their flight.

Have no idea what you are talking about as to harassed, annoyed, or mistreated.

Here in Canada, all returning air travelers, along with having to have a negative PCR BEFORE departure, get tested again on arrival and must quarantine in an approved hotel for three days until they get the test results. If negative, they can complete the 14 quarantine at home, if CBSA is satisfied with their quarantine plan. If positive, or their plan doesn't pass muster, they must stay at the hotel. The first three days are at THEIR cost, but if they must remain for the full 14 days, the government covers the rest. There have been reports of vaccinated individuals refusing to do the three day hotel quarantine getting hit with $3,750.00 fines under the Quarantine Act.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mike808 said:

You are correct but only on a technicality.  First in order to get on a plane to the US you need a PCR test. The airlines enforce this.  There is no one at CBP or customs checking to see if you have a PCR test.

Now you want to enter the US without a test -- do like the many illegals are doing now. But legally, walk through the border checkpoints at Mexico.  No COVID test needed.

Now back to specifics on cruising -- Ending the cruise in Bimini and taking the high speed ferry to Fort Lauderdale, guess what no COVID test needed to reenter the US. 

The CDC rule for US Citizens applies only for Air Passengers..  Nonsense -- yes because it is more likely a trucker from Canada or Mexico is spreading the disease than a business person/military or other essential worker coming from the Middle East, Asia or EU (because that is only the people that can travel right now on International flights)/

Edited by PaulMCO
2 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

You are correct but only on a technicality.  First in order to get on a plane to the US you need a PCR test. The airlines enforce this.  There is no one at CBP or customs checking to see if you have a PCR test.

Now you want to enter the US without a test -- do like the many illegals are doing now. But legally, walk through the border checkpoints at Mexico.  No COVID test needed.

Now back to specifics on cruising -- Ending the cruise in Bimini and taking the high speed ferry to Fort Lauderdale, guess what no COVID test needed to reenter the US. 

The CDC rule for US Citizens applies only for Air Passengers..  Nonsense -- yes because it is more likely a trucker from Canada or Mexico is spreading the disease than a business person/military or other essential worker coming from the Middle East, Asia or EU (because that is only the people that can travel right now on International flights)/

Please note, the test to enter the US can be an antigen test or PCR test. 

6 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

If you are in Nassau unless you plan to swim back to the USA at this time you are required to take a COVID-19 test.

Now this could change in a few months.

Today if you are in the USA and you fly to Hawaii you have to take s COVID-19 test.  With the new recommendations by the CDC that those fully vaccinated flying within the USA do not need a COVID-19 test we will see if places like Hawaii eliminate it.

Three are always exceptions to all of this and maybe games are played.  I remember when places like New York required a quarantine if you were coming from certain states people played game.  Some flew from a state which New York said people should quarantine to another state and then rented a car to get around this.

No different than masks.  Masks are required in certain places but some chose/choose to ignore it.

So, who are you hurting; yourself, and other people.

As to the posters assertion that delayed, harassed, annoyed, and mistreated but they cannot be denied entry into the country I find the descriptive words such as mistreated and harassed over the top.

If you don't follow the requirements and are told you cannot board the plane or enter the USA because you have not followed the requirements is that being mistreated or harassed?  Call me old school to do what the requirements are but for those who don't they are the ones who are wrong not the people enforcing the regulations/requirements.

Anyway the point I thought was specific to those returning from a Crystal Cruise which right now means returning from Bimini or Nassau and I expect the vast majority of people returning from Nassau.  

People need to keep up to date on the requirements and as I said they could change.

Same goes for flying to Nassau.

On a related note there will likely be more changes to other guidelines coming soon based on comments made by Dr. Fauci on an interview I saw him on yesterday afternoon.  

Keith

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

If you are in Nassau unless you plan to swim back to the USA at this time you are required to take a COVID-19 test.

Now this could change in a few months.

Today if you are in the USA and you fly to Hawaii you have to take s COVID-19 test.  With the new recommendations by the CDC that those fully vaccinated flying within the USA do not need a COVID-19 test we will see if places like Hawaii eliminate it.

Three are always exceptions to all of this and maybe games are played.  I remember when places like New York required a quarantine if you were coming from certain states people played game.  Some flew from a state which New York said people should quarantine to another state and then rented a car to get around this.

No different than masks.  Masks are required in certain places but some chose/choose to ignore it.

So, who are you hurting; yourself, and other people.

As to the posters assertion that delayed, harassed, annoyed, and mistreated but they cannot be denied entry into the country I find the descriptive words such as mistreated and harassed over the top.

If you don't follow the requirements and are told you cannot board the plane or enter the USA because you have not followed the requirements is that being mistreated or harassed?  Call me old school to do what the requirements are but for those who don't they are the ones who are wrong not the people enforcing the regulations/requirements.

Anyway the point I thought was specific to those returning from a Crystal Cruise which right now means returning from Bimini or Nassau and I expect the vast majority of people returning from Nassau.  

People need to keep up to date on the requirements and as I said they could change.

Same goes for flying to Nassau.

On a related note there will likely be more changes to other guidelines coming soon based on comments made by Dr. Fauci on an interview I saw him on yesterday afternoon.  

Keith

Since you are quoting me. I did not say Nassau.  I said Bimini as the OP did not say which port they will disembark.   

Further my response is directed at the person I quoted, that he did not need to test to enter the US.  It is not evading as you suggest. It is a fact that the government has been inconsistent since day one from Trump to Biden and that includes the Tv personality Dr Falsely.  

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

Since you are quoting me. I did not say Nassau.  I said Bimini as the OP did not say which port they will disembark.   

Further my response is directed at the person I quoted, that he did not need to test to enter the US.  It is not evading as you suggest. It is a fact that the government has been inconsistent since day one from Trump to Biden and that includes the Tv personality Dr Falsely.  

Yes, I knew who you quoted in your response and I knew why you said Bimini although the person you quoted made one general statement not mentioning any port.

And the name is Dr. Fauci.

I find things pretty consistent the past couple of month but as the virus evolves our response evolves and as more and more people are getting vaccinated and the results are seen beyond trials both the response and the protocols evolve.  And as Dr. Fauci noted yesterday we will see more revisions for those who have been fully vaccinated.

5 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Gee isn't it nice when people show their biases?

On 4/3/2021 at 2:19 PM, Mike808 said:

Sounds very convincing because, period. But the above is actually incorrect.