Jump to content

Planet Hollywood Cancun - LIVE - April 11-19th


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Greg, the night pictures were beautiful with all the lights. That place is huge. I can’t imagine what the lineups would be like if it was full capacity, they must be long and surely if it was full do you think they would have all the restaurants open every noon and night?  


I have never done an all inclusive and this is my first glimpse at one. Are they all so big?


They aren’t all this big. I purposely picked a big one so I wouldn’t get bored here for 8 days. With COVID I thought it would Be a good time to stay on the resort the entire week. And since I knew it was going to be low capacity I would be able to enjoy this big new resort without horrible lines.

 

Some of the restaurants are just small like sutra and Braza. Others have more space. They aren’t using half of The steakhouse. And east had at a good 5 Teppanyaki tables they weren’t using. I took this on the way out.

79C4D8F0-8C23-4CB6-8CD9-27C0D328FFD7.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:


They aren’t all this big. I purposely picked a big one so I wouldn’t get bored here for 8 days. With COVID I thought it would Be a good time to stay on the resort the entire week. And since I knew it was going to be low capacity I would be able to enjoy this big new resort without horrible lines.

 

Some of the restaurants are just small like sutra and Braza. Others have more space. They aren’t using half of The steakhouse. And east had at a good 5 Teppanyaki tables they weren’t using. I took this on the way out.

79C4D8F0-8C23-4CB6-8CD9-27C0D328FFD7.jpeg

Well you really did pick a great time to go for sure. The place is very nice and all the food looked pretty good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Greg, the night pictures were beautiful with all the lights. That place is huge. I can’t imagine what the lineups would be like if it was full capacity, they must be long and surely if it was full do you think they would have all the restaurants open every noon and night?  


I have never done an all inclusive and this is my first glimpse at one. Are they all so big?


Here’s an example of a smaller one I’ve looked at 148 rooms. Swimouts go to a real bar. A burger place, a taco place, and a nice restaurant. Very small relaxing looking place. 

 

https://www.caribjournal.com/2020/07/01/karisma-opens-new-margaritaville-all-inclusive-in-mexico/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Any cocktails tonight?


Nah I’m done for the day. Just going to catch want the nightclub looks like before I turn in. This is what twist is really like.

 

 

C6F3674C-796A-4EA1-9C1F-C2981A470419.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:


Nah I’m done for the day. Just going to catch want the nightclub looks like before I turn in. This is what twist is really like.

 

 

C6F3674C-796A-4EA1-9C1F-C2981A470419.jpeg

I’ll try to catch it on a weekday. 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:


Here’s an example of a smaller one I’ve looked at 148 rooms. Swimouts go to a real bar. A burger place, a taco place, and a nice restaurant. Very small relaxing looking place. 

 

https://www.caribjournal.com/2020/07/01/karisma-opens-new-margaritaville-all-inclusive-in-mexico/

 

That one looks nice too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m having my room cleaned this morning. I’m either out of towels or down to my last one. Yesterday I left my beer cans out on the swim out. I was going to bring them in this morning and put them with the water bottles for housekeeping but they were gone. So between 7pm-7am someone came and picked those up. If I would’ve known they were going to do that I would’ve brought them in last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m almost done with my first bloody Mary and the server comes by and says “it is buffet.” I guess he doesn’t know me if he doesn’t know I’m mostly here for the breakfast bar.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I haven’t heard a peep out of the people next door since our 2am confrontation. I have slept straight through the last two nights.

 

Edited by Saint Greg
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I haven’t heard a peep out of the people next door since our 2am confrontation. I have slept straight through the last two nights.

 

 

Hard to believe they don’t spend their time in the swimout, making a ruckus

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...