Why can’t I add packages?

I’ve just booked a cruise for the first time in Anthem (well, yesterday). Very excited. However, it keeps saying ‘please try again onboard the ship’. I don’t want to wait until then - I want to add the packages now and have the paid off. Cruise isn’t until October 2022 - is it too early for these options to be added or something? 

thanks

Mainly dining packages, but also wanting to look at drinks and internet packages too. Do you think I’m being a bit too keen? 🤣 

I did notice that some destinations don’t offer any excursions yet on the calendar so you’re probably right, thinking about it. I’ve never been on a cruise before so I just expected to be able to do everything at once. 

I agree with @FTLCruiseGal.  I think it's too early for dining and beverage packages to be available for an October 22 cruise.  I have a few cruises booked in the fall of 22 and I cannot book dining packages yet.  The latest cruise for which I can book dining and beverage packages is my March 30, 2022 Ovation cruise from Australia.  Everything after that shows "unavailable".  Just give it some more time.  You will be able to book when you're a little closer.

• Like 1

Definitely too early.  For my June 22 cruise there are only a few things loaded (like all the spa stuff which they always have on there no matter how early, at least as far as I can tell)  But no drinks, dining, wifi as of yet, and no shore excursions either.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sunshine7777 said:

Thanks so much for your help and reassurance - I was worried I’d done something wrong. 

Oh, and welcome to Cruise Critic.  With regard to all those things, once they do post them for sale, you should wait for 'deals/sales' to come up.  Especially this far out.  Generally Black Friday in November will get you some good deals. There are also other times of the year where you might find bargains.  But also keep in mind that pricing and sale prices are very specific to each sailing. You could have two cruises booked on the same ship, but two different dates, and prices for drinks and dining packages, along with everything else can be drastically different.  

• Thanks 1

Sunshine7777;  like others say;  it's too early.  My cruise is August 2022;  I can't book anything, dining, drinks package, wifi.  I will wait until I am 9 months out.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine7777 said:

I’ve just booked a cruise for the first time in Anthem (well, yesterday). Very excited. However, it keeps saying ‘please try again onboard the ship’. I don’t want to wait until then - I want to add the packages now and have the paid off. Cruise isn’t until October 2022 - is it too early for these options to be added or something? 

thanks

My Dec 21 and Feb 22 cruises have the option to buy whatever package I want however Aug 22, Oct 22, Mar 23 and April 23 have nothing in them yet.  Just keep waiting, your time will come.

• Thanks 1