MITSUGIRLY is in Cozumel

mitsugirly

14 hours ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Time for another trip!

Just wanted to thank you again for another awesome review 😊

I've been trying to think of where to go next. We have been throwing around heading back to Aruba (but everything has really seemed to increase in prices there), Turks and Caicos, Costa Rica, and maybe even Cancun/Playa. I guess it's time for some research. 🙂 

7 hours ago, jbhcw said:

Thanks so much for your review!…I love Mexico although most of my visits have been on the west coast…..love Cozumel!

Thank you for joining in on this journey. I appreciate it and glad you liked it. 🙂 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

I've been trying to think of where to go next. We have been throwing around heading back to Aruba (but everything has really seemed to increase in prices there), Turks and Caicos, Costa Rica, and maybe even Cancun/Playa. I guess it's time for some research. 🙂 

Have you been to T&C or Costa Rica before? Those sound amazing! Wherever you decide, safe travels to you and your family always.

Question: since i dont seem to be getting notified thru your website about new posts (only get notified here by you when you post to your website), how will we know about the next review? Will you let us know here?

I have really enjoyed your reviews over the years. If you are looking for the next place, what about Hawaii? There is a condo in Maui where the sea turtles hang out in front of the condos (look in the shoreline in the bottom pic). You can swim with them and see all the other fish, too...my favorites being the box fish and puffers. Oh, and my daughter also has a way with animals 🙂

1901FC44-710E-4B33-80CD-26902381361D.jpeg

BC978305-548A-4653-BE67-B175CF1482D3.jpeg

Edited by Awoodwaring
  • Like 2

Kim,

Great review, as always.  Thanks for posting this and creating a home for your adventures.  Members here that have not clicked over are really missing a wonderful read.  

No mermaid metamorphosis this trip, maybe I missed this if it happened.  Very sad if this is over.

Bruce.... 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 1:59 PM, CruisinMama2003 said:

Have you been to T&C or Costa Rica before? Those sound amazing! Wherever you decide, safe travels to you and your family always.

Question: since i dont seem to be getting notified thru your website about new posts (only get notified here by you when you post to your website), how will we know about the next review? Will you let us know here?

Yea, I can't figure out how to make the website actually send out the notification ON IT'S OWN.  😕 I have to manually do it. So, when I start my next review, I'll send them out to everyone...hopefully I can figure it out again. LOL

On 6/11/2021 at 7:43 PM, Awoodwaring said:

I have really enjoyed your reviews over the years. If you are looking for the next place, what about Hawaii? There is a condo in Maui where the sea turtles hang out in front of the condos (look in the shoreline in the bottom pic). You can swim with them and see all the other fish, too...my favorites being the box fish and puffers. Oh, and my daughter also has a way with animals 🙂

I have always wanted to go to Hawaii but man the air flight hours. YIKES! I have trouble sitting for very long, especially now with my leg. It stiffens up so bad and then starts to ache if I'm not moving around. But hopefully some day I will make it there. 

On 6/15/2021 at 9:51 AM, my_crib_too said:

Kim,

Great review, as always.  Thanks for posting this and creating a home for your adventures.  Members here that have not clicked over are really missing a wonderful read.  

No mermaid metamorphosis this trip, maybe I missed this if it happened.  Very sad if this is over.

Bruce.... 

You are welcome and glad you enjoyed it. 

She only took her favorite mermaid tail this time around and on the first day at the beach, she got a very large rip in it and couldn't use it anymore. I'm not sure if I did get any pictures this time around. Most of them she has outgrown now and has a dresser full of them with many memories. I'm not sure if she will be getting another or not. She hasn't ask for one so those days might be over. 😞  I miss my little girl. 

Oh wait, yes, she had it in the pool at Playa Uvas

P4030065 copy.jpg

• Like 1

OK GUYS....my next vacation is booked and we are leaving in 17 days 😁

Unfortunately...I resigned from my job. It was just too much, both mentally and physically and the hours I was putting in just wasn't worth it. Our company was bought out and we had 2 locations and EVERY SINGLE PERSON at both locations quit except 2 people. That meant I was the ONLY nurse transitioning over 200 patients into our new system. That's a lot of visits and covering 5 counties...which some are 1 1/2 hours away from me one way! It was just too much. They did offer me a nurse managers position, but I have declined it and think it's just best to move on at this point. 

My last day will be on the 23rd and then we leave 4 days later for a 15 day vacation in.....ARUBA.  We weighed our options and really wanted to get back there to visit our dear friend since it's been a few years. Since we were trying to figure out some place "quickly" (because I plan on starting a new job...have a few offers to pick from...and want to get vacation out of the way before starting) I felt that trying to do all the planning to some place new would just put added stress on me while trying to ties up ends at my current job. Honestly, there's just NO time for all the planning that goes into these vacations while I'm working this current job....seriously! So, going back to a familiar place would be so much easier on me. Also, being there 15 days will give me plenty of time to plan while I'm there as well. Not to mention...we've been there multiple times (both land and by sea) that we pretty much know almost everything already and how to get around, which makes it easier. 

So...be looking for something new in the very short future! 😁

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

OK GUYS....my next vacation is booked and we are leaving in 17 days 😁

Unfortunately...I resigned from my job. It was just too much, both mentally and physically and the hours I was putting in just wasn't worth it. Our company was bought out and we had 2 locations and EVERY SINGLE PERSON at both locations quit except 2 people. That meant I was the ONLY nurse transitioning over 200 patients into our new system. That's a lot of visits and covering 5 counties...which some are 1 1/2 hours away from me one way! It was just too much. They did offer me a nurse managers position, but I have declined it and think it's just best to move on at this point. 

My last day will be on the 23rd and then we leave 4 days later for a 15 day vacation in.....ARUBA.  We weighed our options and really wanted to get back there to visit our dear friend since it's been a few years. Since we were trying to figure out some place "quickly" (because I plan on starting a new job...have a few offers to pick from...and want to get vacation out of the way before starting) I felt that trying to do all the planning to some place new would just put added stress on me while trying to ties up ends at my current job. Honestly, there's just NO time for all the planning that goes into these vacations while I'm working this current job....seriously! So, going back to a familiar place would be so much easier on me. Also, being there 15 days will give me plenty of time to plan while I'm there as well. Not to mention...we've been there multiple times (both land and by sea) that we pretty much know almost everything already and how to get around, which makes it easier. 

So...be looking for something new in the very short future! 😁

Ooooo can’t wait for “our” vacation 😀😀😀

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

One last post here for me and then you will find me over on the Aruba board. I have put a page on my web with the house we will be staying in...just a teaser. HERE

The count down has begun...1 week until take off 😄 

Yay another vacay for you! And for us to read about later 😁 were leaving this Sat on a cruise (FINALLY!)

Headed over to the Aruba boards to find you (I also have your blog up as well, dont wanna miss anything 😁)

Safe travels to you & the fam! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Yay another vacay for you! And for us to read about later 😁 were leaving this Sat on a cruise (FINALLY!)

Headed over to the Aruba boards to find you (I also have your blog up as well, dont wanna miss anything 😁)

Safe travels to you & the fam! 

Oh nice! Have a wonderful time on your cruise. My whole family is really missing cruising. Maybe some day. 

I'll post over there when the time comes. No post yet. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 6:43 PM, Awoodwaring said:

May I ask the name of condo? My daughter loves the turtles.

• 8 months later...

I happen to see your Post on NCL Board. My 6 year old Grand Daughter

saw the Mermaid Photo. Said "Who's that"? I'll bring her up to Date. I

haven't Read your Cozumel Report Yet. Sorry to hear you Ankle isn't

better.  Thanks for Doing this. It's always  Interesting . 

16 minutes ago, warb said:

I just noticed Your Cozumel Report is from 2021. A "Senior" Moment.

Are you on a Cruise now in 2022 ?  Spring Break ? 

I doubt Mitsu is currently monitoring this thread as it is from last year.

Best to reply to one of her current threads - I believe she is/was in St Thomas?

6 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I doubt Mitsu is currently monitoring this thread as it is from last year.

Best to reply to one of her current threads - I believe she is/was in St Thomas?

We have been in st Thomas for almost 2 glorious weeks. Will start on that review sometimes next week 😁

(not monitoring the boards but did get an email notification someone said something)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Lupush said:

Kim!  Are you not cruising anymore?  I'm dying for a Mistugirly review!

We have been doing land vacations only since COVID hit. Have you read those reviews? We have visited places we've been to on cruises (Cozumel, St Thomas, Aruba) and a few land based in US (Disney and Vegas <---our first time). 😄 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kim and family, good to see you are still around and kicking.  We took 2+ yrs off cruising too and have just been doing local stuff, landbased travel in Southwest.  BUT we are booked for a cruise and heading to Alaska again!  Woohoo.  So excited.  We had booked for summer of 2020 but of course all was cancelled.  So we are glad to get that return trip to Alaska finally.  It has been our favorite cruise so far and something we really have not stopped talking about for 6 years.  So, anyhoo, off we go to the land of the midnight sun.  Hope you get back out cruising again.  Take care.

22 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

Hey Kim and family, good to see you are still around and kicking.  We took 2+ yrs off cruising too and have just been doing local stuff, landbased travel in Southwest.  BUT we are booked for a cruise and heading to Alaska again!  Woohoo.  So excited.  We had booked for summer of 2020 but of course all was cancelled.  So we are glad to get that return trip to Alaska finally.  It has been our favorite cruise so far and something we really have not stopped talking about for 6 years.  So, anyhoo, off we go to the land of the midnight sun.  Hope you get back out cruising again.  Take care.

Hi Robin! Good to hear from you again. We are doing good and just having a great time with our land vacations. I love being able to stay and explore all over without time constraints but do miss cruising as well. I have always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise but have never been able to talk myself (or family) into it because...well...we just hate the cold to begin with. LOL  Some day I'll give it a shot. Not sure if you read my website blog...we are still diving with some good (mostly) experiences and one bad. We are headed off to another adventure in 2 weeks and cannot wait. 🙂  Happy Travels to you my friend!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Hi Robin! Good to hear from you again. We are doing good and just having a great time with our land vacations. I love being able to stay and explore all over without time constraints but do miss cruising as well. I have always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise but have never been able to talk myself (or family) into it because...well...we just hate the cold to begin with. LOL  Some day I'll give it a shot. Not sure if you read my website blog...we are still diving with some good (mostly) experiences and one bad. We are headed off to another adventure in 2 weeks and cannot wait. 🙂  Happy Travels to you my friend!

Awesome!  I really think you would enjoy the Alaska cruise but I would go early in season for more sunshine.  Our first time we were there in June and it was sunny almost every day.  And you really don't mind the cold as much when the sun is shining, especially when there are eagles sitting on every post, and whales splashing in the water around you.  Have a great trip, wherever you're going!  We leave for Alaska in 30 days and can't wait.