Interested in hearing from passengers who were on Covid affected sailings- would you cruise again?

vegasdriven

5 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

I posted this on a couple other boards but HBO is running a show called THE LAST CRUISE which is a documentary on the Princess ship that was stuck in Asia at the beginning of the pandemic. It’s quite interesting.

....and, even without the Covid element, a look at the overcrowding on large mass market ships. 

I haven't been on any ships with any direct COVID scares or cases (thank goodness), but I was scheduled to be on the GRAND PRINCESS (insert dramatic music) about three weeks after its drama.  I'll sail again once things are right for me to do so.  Better days are coming.

While I wouldn't meet the direct criteria, I will offer an alternate view. I was on one of the last cruises (got back March 10) when it was determined cruising was the most dangerous death trap. No one on our cruise got sick, or maybe no one heard about it. There was a Facebook group and everyone was asking, but there was never even a rumor of a confirmation. 

The bar for danger was set on Diamond cruises, for 14 days, with an older crowd, traveling multiple foreign ports, at a time of no immunity or knowledge of the virus. I will sail tomorrow if it was possible.

• Like 1

We spent over 3 months onboard Viking Sun through the worst of the cruise ship crisis, disembarking in Gibraltar, mid-April. We boarded early January in L/A. With a no doubt even older demographic and due to visit > 50 foreign ports, we could probably be considered an even higher risk than any of the Princess ships.

In Komodo Island, we were required to wear masks ashore and when those photos were promulgated the local media erroneously stated we had COVID aboard. At no time did we experience a single case of COVID, as unlike Princess, Viking took precautions to ensure the ship's compliment remained safe within a bubble.

Will we cruise again, most definitely yes, but only when mandatory vaccinations are added to compliment an already robust Health & Safety Plan.

• Like 6

You might want to ask this question on the Princess sub forum since at least two ships did have COVID there might some posters there who were passengers on those ships. Not sure if there is a forum for the Greg Mortimer ship🤔. There was a world cruise that was also affected but most of those passengers were German so probably less likely to be around these forums.

33 minutes ago, vegasdriven said:

ilikeanswers- thanks, good idea.

I had a Google it turns out Greg Mortimer was sailing for Aurora Cruise Line but I can't see any forum for them here. So Princess is probably your best bet. Hope you get some answers🤗. Interestingly I found there were far more cruise ships that had COVID than I had thought😳:

COVID-19 pandemic on cruise ships

Howdy all! emo22.gif

@vegasdriven has taken the above advice and started another thread re this topic on the Princess Cruises forum. Click here: If you were on a Covid affected cruise, would you cruise again?

Therefore, this thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum has now been closed.

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif