Is there a supermarket on board?

No, you can pick some fruit up from the Windjammer and place it in your room.  As far as candy, they have a store (candy store on some ships) where you can purchase this.

** Brings some zip lock bags, I normally put some of their cookies in them and eat the whenever I get an urge for one without having to walk to the Windjammer or the Cafe.

Edited by Plum Happy
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sunshine7777 said:

First time cruiser so please excuse my lack of knowledge. However, is there a shop/supermarket where you can buy fruit and snacks for your room? Or can you pick things up that are complimentary?? 

For curiosity what ship are you sailing on?  One option is whatever is being served in the buffet (Wind Jammer) can be taken back to your cabin. There also will be a small shop you can purchase (using your Sea Pass card, no cash)snacks and other items you may have forgotten to bring onboard. 

Edited by davekathy

5 minutes ago, Sunshine7777 said:

First time cruiser so please excuse my lack of knowledge. However, is there a shop/supermarket where you can buy fruit and snacks for your room? Or can you pick things up that are complimentary?? 

There is a store on board for things like candy, doritos and stuff..

This link will show the fruits available at the buffet. 

Royal Caribbean Buffet Breakfast - Anthem of the Seas Windjammer Cafe - YouTube

1 hour ago, Sunshine7777 said:

While my intentions are good, my favorite is ripe watermelon. Has to be ripe and it's not always perfect, but when it is, my thoughts about bananas oranges and apples go out the window. I'm also a big salad eater. The MDR used to have good salad you go around and put what you want in a bowl. I fill my bowl so full I cant order off the menu too, well maybe a dessert.

Do be aware you cannot carry on the ship or off fruits especially due to customs rules about agriculture and spreading possible bugs to islands. Only prepackaged sealed snacks are allowed. Like a sealed pkg of saltiness or small breakfast cereal. 

The Cafe Promenade will have something 24 hours a day, be it cookies or small sandwiches or a few different fruits or desserts, coffee, tea, water, ice. Pizza's available generally as late as 1 or 2am from either Cafe Promenade or if the ship has one, Sorrento's. The buffet is a place you have always been able to basically pick stuff up and keep in your room. Fruits, desserts, cookies, bread, foods, vegetables, etc. But since the buffet area isn't open 24 hours you have to have thought about it before, usually. And then there's room service, though there's a small flat fee to use that. As mentioned, the shop, usually the one selling liquor, has a small selection of snacks and candy available at comparatively high prices. It keeps regular shop hours so is not available 24 hours.

As others have said there is a little shop (think you're on Anthem?) which stocks necessities and snacks like Pringles or chocolate bars. But they are super expensive. If you want a snack with a drink on your balcony before dinner then best to bring a  few sealed packs of your favorite snack with you. Fruit and biscuits are widely available in the buffet. Just pop it on a plate, cover with another and take it to your room 

2 hours ago, Sunshine7777 said:

The only way to learn is to ask questions.

As has been said, there are no what we can call a supermarket on board, but maybe it might not be a bad idea one day. But there are so many options for food, that you will never go hungry. The Windjammer is the buffet, where you can help yourself to whatever is there 3 times a day and take whatever you wish back to your room. It is a huge buffet with everything you could possible want for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You want to make a peanut butter sandwich for later, go ahead, you want fruit, desserts, hamburgers, it's your choice. There is also a food station that is open 24 hours a day with some cold sandwich , pizza, cookies, and if you don't want to go out, there is room service (for a fee). 

Cheers

Len

2 hours ago, Sunshine7777 said:

@Sunshine7777 - Bring "required" snacks in sealed, original packaging (anything you can't live without for 12 days), such as crisps or pretzels or nuts.  Bring a bunch of plastic ziplock type bags and pick up fresh fruit, cookies, cake, veggies in the Windjammer Buffet.  You have a nice refrigerator in your cabin.

• Like 1

Depending on the ship it's easy to get sweet snacks and fruit most of the time, but what I start missing a few days into any cruise are salty munchies, so if that is what you want I suggest you bring a bag of something with you, or they can be bought in the ports.  The shops will sell a few things but they are very overpriced.

If you have a sweet tooth for candy that's also not something that's part of the complementary food offerings on a cruiseship. So if you enjoy gummies, CHOCOLATE, chewing gum, etc, bring those yourself in your luggage and you'll save money instead of buying those onboard.

For me personally, the breakfast buffet has the best fruit, plus park cafe has yogurt  to bring back to your fridge. Although zip bags as great, you can also get a grab and go salad at park cafe and put your plate of breakfast fruit , there the next day (built in lid)and so on. Plus the spa cafe has smoothies till like 9ish

5 hours ago, bouhunter said:

If you need snacks such as prepackaged things, bring them onboard.  The shop will sell limited things like candy, pringles etc.  At at about 5X normal price.

And a year past expiration date

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sunshine7777 said:

Exactly why are you asking?  Are you concerned that you won't have enough food, and want a snack?  Literally, food is available just about every waking hour so having a small mini market on the ship, would be kind of silly.  Since I don't spend enough time in my room to have snacks.....I see no reason for it.  However, as many have said, if you want some fruit or something, grab a couple pieces from the windjammer an put in your room......and if you really need that candy bar, pretzels or potato chips, bring some from home......but really no need unless you just can't do without.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cured said:

On Oasis, my potato chip addict kid would always pick up a couple of the individual bags at Park Cafe to bring back to the room for a late night snack.

1 hour ago, newcruzer2 said:

For me personally, the breakfast buffet has the best fruit, plus park cafe has yogurt  to bring back to your fridge. Although zip bags as great, you can also get a grab and go salad at park cafe and put your plate of breakfast fruit , there the next day (built in lid)and so on. Plus the spa cafe has smoothies till like 9ish

Good advice for some ships.  The OP will be on the Anthem, which does not have these venues.