With today’s announcement excluding children, our family has made the decision to never cruise NCL again. Even after the pandemic, we are done with this line. 

Can anyone please advise how to fully cancel and close out LATITUDES accounts? We don’t want anymore of the junk mail. Would prefer if they don’t have our data anymore if at all possible.

A cruise without kids is my dream come true.  We just booked in December due to our September Alaska cruise being cancelled, but if the CDC approves NCL’s plan, we would gladly move it up just to enjoy an adult only cruise.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

26 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

With today’s announcement excluding children, our family has made the decision to never cruise NCL again. Even after the pandemic, we are done with this line. 

Can anyone please advise how to fully cancel and close out LATITUDES accounts? We don’t want anymore of the junk mail. Would prefer if they don’t have our data anymore if at all possible.

AS far as cancelling your latitudes accounts, this will need to be done by contacting NCL tech support.  They will remove your login information and your Latitude accounts.  

Just to mention, the kids no sail provision is as much to protect your children from the covid 19 virus as anything else since it hasn't been approved for children under 16/18 yet.  But, it's your choice as far as not sailing with NCL again.  It will also be your choice to not sail with CCL, RCCL or any other popular cruise line. 

Take care, I'm sure you've made the right decision.  

28 minutes ago, Shidah said:

A cruise without kids is my dream come true.  We just booked in December due to our September Alaska cruise being cancelled, but if the CDC approves NCL’s plan, we would gladly move it up just to enjoy an adult only cruise.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

Same!

Kids are people too. When kids are old enough , they can learn to drink and gamble responsibly on a cruise- I know I did.

I personally cruise when their aren't children. But one time some kids were hanging out in a hall and one of them called me "sir"- they were brought up correctly and not bothering anyone.

Did FDR do some analysis and come up with kids not being as profitable? Probably. 

Think this is all related to kids under 16 are not approved to be vaxxed and can be asymptomatic carriers of Covid.  Once vax for children approved, I expect they will adjust the regulations.

Posted (edited)

I drag my two kids with us on every cruise and will continue to do so but we have no plans to sail this year..... Taking them on the new Celebrity Apex next April ... Those people are going to love my two brats .😁 Seriously though, don't over react yet ... I'm not yet and usually I over react to everything.... probably why I have been banned for weeks on end about 17 times from Cruise Critic. 😅

Edited by tallnthensome

I look at these first NCL 'fully-vaccinated' cruises as test cruises.  They have currently defined these at cruises with embarkation dates prior to October 31, 2021.

As for allowing children, here is the explanation from their website:

Are children allowed to sail on your ships if they are not vaccinated?

The safety and security of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. In order to provide the safest cruise experience possible, all guests and crew will need to be fully vaccinated for all sailings with embarkation dates prior to October 31, 2021. Therefore, minors who have not yet been eligible to be vaccinated will not be permitted to sail on these voyages. Minors who have been fully vaccinated are welcome to sail.

We look forward to the day when we can safely welcome these guests back onboard our ships, when the public health environment allows us to modify our protocols accordingly. We will continue to constantly evaluate our health and safety protocols with our expert Council and will follow the latest science to determine requirements for all future sailings embarking beginning in November 2021. We commit to keeping guests apprised of any policy changes as far in advance as possible of their scheduled vacation.

44 minutes ago, Shidah said:

That's like going to Disney Land and wishing the same thing .... Take a Viking Cruise and your wish will come true but you'll die holding your breath sailing on an amusement park at Sea like NCL, Carnival, or Royal.

I may have this wrong but I think the mandatory vaccine is only in effect through October; I don't think this will affect a lot of actual cruises. While it could be extended, based upon conditions later on this year, it may not be.

I'm hopeful that the FDA will be able to approve a vaccine for those younger than 17 shortly, but in the meantime I believe that giving adults the opportunity to sail in an environment in which guests and crew have been vaccinated is a positive.

My concern is still this: what will the cruise lines, US and non-US cities, states and countries do if someone (vaccinated or not) contracts covid while on a cruise. While setting a standard for reducing risk is a great start, there is always going to be a risk of someone getting the virus; NCL and the ports of call need to have an agreed upon mechanism to handle sick crew and guests without creating disruption for the remaining guests.

I'm vaccinated, and I won't get on a ship if there's a chance we'd be stuck on board while the cruise line and governments bicker about how to handle infected and non-infected guests and crew.

Based on everything that has happened between the CDC and the cruise lines over the past 12 months, this open letter was just a ploy by Frank and the other cruise line execs to have ammunition when they sue the CDC in the Florida courts.  Everyone needs to relax, as the kids are in the same position as their parents:  The CDC is not going to allow these ships to sail out of the USA unless the courts smack them down.  If the courts side with the cruise industry, then the kids will be able to travel too, just like they can on airplanes, trains, buses, even to themeparks.

1 hour ago, Shidah said:

I feel the same way. Cruising without children on board is my dream come true. 

It's going to cost so much money to start getting these ships going again.  I really feel like they have one shot at getting this right and the decision to exclude unvaccinated guests is just a common sense move.  If they don't get this right, they may be out of business forever.  

1 hour ago, Shidah said:

Same here

12 minutes ago, Isabella Benjamin said:

It's going to cost so much money to start getting these ships going again.  I really feel like they have one shot at getting this right and the decision to exclude unvaccinated guests is just a common sense move.  If they don't get this right, they may be out of business forever.  

I really don’t think people care. For many it’s all about “them and theirs.” I suggest they start their own cruise line and run it in the ground.  

NCL is floating this 100% vaccinated cruises idea as a way to get cruising in the US started again. If the options are 100% vaccinated cruising or just no cruising at all, it seems like this is simply the most logical choice and best business decision. They aren't excluding kids because they WANT to. They are excluding kids because they believe that, if they do, they might be able to sail sooner. You seem to be taking this ridiculously personally. I am certain that if kids could be vaccinated, NCL would have included them. Right now, it's all about appeasing the CDC to get ANY cruising started again.

The cruise industry has to fight its way back from the perception that they are unsafe, or "floating petri dishes" as I hear so often in the news.  If there is an outbreak of COVID or god forbid the death of a passenger, and god forbid even worse, a child;  or even if a cruise has to alter their course to take a passenger to a hospital, it can have a serious blow to this comeback.  The next cruise I have booked is in Sept. 2020 on DCL with my 2 kids age 14 and 17 and I am really hoping they can BOTH be vaccinated by then.  I understand your frustration as I love to cruise with my kids, but I can't fault NCL for being safe.  Hopefully by the end of the year all kids can be vaccinated and cruise. 

All of you debating the risk to children are completely missing the whole point of NCL's decision. They want to be able to sail sooner than later. They are speculating that the CDC will allow them to do that sooner if 100% of the people involved are vaccinated. Right now, children can't be vaccinated, so they are being excluded. It is that simple.

9 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

All of you debating the risk to children are completely missing the whole point of NCL's decision. They want to be able to sail sooner than later. They are speculating that the CDC will allow them to do that sooner if 100% of the people involved are vaccinated. Right now, children can't be vaccinated, so they are being excluded. It is that simple.

And also ignoring the issue of possible transmission should those unvaccinated children leave the ship.  They might not get sick, the vaccinated passengers might not get sick but they could easily pass an infection from port to port - or bring it back home.

I think there are two types of children on cruise ships; the well behaved ones that are a credit to their parents; who I love seeing on board; and the ones that misbehave and who are not disciplined by their parents; who I am very happy not to cruise with, where possible.

However the worst "children" are the 15-20 year olds who create havoc with their ill-discipline; especially when "under the influence".

I wish they would have extended this for the entire year. I wonder if you refuse to sail vaccinated they refund your money? That's all we want. Taking the fcc in March 2020 was a bad idea but then we were being told "2 weeks to flatten the curve."