I'm booked!!!... Joy's first sailing from Jamaica!

sid_9169

With the news of NCL returning to the sea sailing out of non US ports, I knew that I would have to be "on board"... I just pulled the trigger on the Joy's very first sailing out of Montego Bay, Jamaica. It's been since December 2019 that I've been on a ship. Hopefully, I can remember how it's done. Booked an inside cabin, since the Joy doesn't have solo cabins. 

• Like 41
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yesimapirate said:

Allow me to be the first to ask you to post menus and Freestyle Daily's 😁

Yes, something normal for a change!  Something not related to Covid, masks, vaccines, etc.!!!

• Like 14

@sid_9169 So happy you'll be cruising soon.  I'd love to do the same but ... as luck would have it, I won't qualify this soon.  

Really looking forward to following you along.  It's almost as good as being there. 

I'm sure you'll like the Joy, my last cruise was on her in Oct. 2019.  

Cheers

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jezabel80 said:

Wow!  Congratulations.  That's great, so exciting!  Please let us all know how it was. 😃

Tune in right here in August, and you'll be along for the ride first hand... Live Review will be incoming...

• Like 19

The prices seem much lower than I expected. Thinking about cancelling my dec bliss/mex riviera, which may or may not happen, for the joy out of Jamaica in oct since it’s not as much of a risk of not going.

Congrats!

• Like 1

This morning I mocked booked and air was an option.  Seems to no longer be available...probably some glitch... They stated that all of these July/August cruises included free 2nd guest air...anyone else notice the air option not being offered?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kismet618 said:

This morning I mocked booked and air was an option.  Seems to no longer be available...probably some glitch... They stated that all of these July/August cruises included free 2nd guest air...anyone else notice the air option not being offered?

In the mock booking process did you get to the point where you select your preferred departure airport? I tried it both ways, and was able to view options with or without flights...

I just went through for Sept 11th and no air included, which stopped me cold, since from where I am it would be 400 PP for airfair (cheapest), I was looking to NCL for a good deal on it.  All that being said, Haven for two for 5000 after taxes and everything was a darn good deal for a 7 day.  

@sid_9169I made it all the way to the payment page, pretty sure it was not offered, did it twice, both times stopped just before giving a credit card.

Edited by oteixeira
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

With the news of NCL returning to the sea sailing out of non US ports, I knew that I would have to be "on board"... I just pulled the trigger on the Joy's very first sailing out of Montego Bay, Jamaica. It's been since December 2019 that I've been on a ship. Hopefully, I can remember how it's done. Booked an inside cabin, since the Joy doesn't have solo cabins. 

What is the cost to fly from Georgia to Jamaica round trip?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Noworkforme23 said:

What is the cost to fly from Georgia to Jamaica round trip?

I'm looking at $573 right now on a non-stop Delta flight. I'm going to do some further research on flights and hotels this weekend. 

• Like 3

I just booked this cruise for 2 nd week sailing so I hope you post updates as you sail. I went with the 2nd week because the price was cheaper. I booked a balcony for my solo cruise.  I hope they have solo meetings of some kind. I will be staying  4 nights before the cruise in Jamaica. So excited!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Summerstravel said:

I just booked this cruise for 2 nd week sailing so I hope you post updates as you sail. I went with the 2nd week because the price was cheaper. I booked a balcony for my solo cruise.  I hope they have solo meetings of some kind. I will be staying  4 nights before the cruise in Jamaica. So excited!  

Sounds awesome. The Joy doesn't have solo cabins like the other away class ships, but I would assume that they do have some sort of solo meetings. 

• Like 2

Congrats to everyone booking and getting back to cruising! Sadly, I’ll need to

live vicariously through your trip reports as we’ve already booked local staycations this summer and can’t change our plans at this point.

Hope everyone has a wonderful time 😀

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

OMG, I'm going to be onboard with a celebrity!

The Gem's itinerary was enticing. However, Joy was my last cruise before the shutdown and it just seemed more fitting.

Also, Food Republic rules.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Awesome..rock on..

• Like 2