Hotel near Trevi Fountain in Rome

bluecruisin

I have read multiple threads on here already and nothing really ticks every box. Looking to stay only one night. Need a room that is safe and clean, decent beds (would need 2 twins as a double would be too small) A/C required and breakfast included would be nice but not required. Would like to stay under 200 Euros. Within 4 or 5 blocks of Trevi and walking distances are a concern. Thanks so much for any help!

17 minutes ago, bluecruisin said:

I have read multiple threads on here already and nothing really ticks every box. Looking to stay only one night. Need a room that is safe and clean, decent beds (would need 2 twins as a double would be too small) A/C required and breakfast included would be nice but not required. Would like to stay under 200 Euros. Within 4 or 5 blocks of Trevi and walking distances are a concern. Thanks so much for any help!

Memory from the distant past, consider Hotel Cinquantatre, they did have king plus beds

Ask your all questions direct with the hotel regarding beds.

They were very reasonable then, but have no current price indications 

I have had others ask me for hotels close to the Trevi Fountain and it always makes me smile.  So perhaps the OP should Google the Hassler or perhaps the Royal Suite Trinita dei Monti Hotel.  They are both very nice hotels close the the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps.  Meanwhile I will be looking at properties near the Piazza Navona and Campo de Fiori :).  And I will be much happier at meal time (or at least not as poverty stricken).

Hank

• Like 1

I have us booked on a future 10 day cruise which starts & finishes in Rome.  We'll be flying in from the US on Thurs for a Saturday cruise.  We are elderly and DH is pretty slow moving.  We have done a cruise stop to Rome once, and took in The Coliseum, Vatican, Pantheon and bus toured the city....the 11 hour marathon!  We would like to have a much more relaxed pace on this trip.  We figured that we would go to Civitavecchia directly from the airport....drop our luggage, have a nice lunch, and then crash for a few hours until dinner.  We are not flight sleepers so we are tired after we arrive.  Any hotel recommendations....how are the casual restaurants at the port?  We figured we'd spend the day before the cruise maybe taking a food tour and relaxing.  After the cruise we plan to spend two days in Rome.  We are thinking a hotel near the Pantheon as it is touted as a safe and central area that we can walk to several places.  We're not really interested in any "fancy" or "tourist" restaurants.....a neighborhood osteria is very much our style.  It is a way off, but experienced traveler input is always the best!  If younger, we'd be jumping on buses or trains to do all of this, but those days are behind us!  Thanks in advance for your input....if our plan sounds ridiculous, point me in a better direction!!!

1 hour ago, hernando52 said:

I have us booked on a future 10 day cruise which starts & finishes in Rome.  We'll be flying in from the US on Thurs for a Saturday cruise.  We are elderly and DH is pretty slow moving.  We have done a cruise stop to Rome once, and took in The Coliseum, Vatican, Pantheon and bus toured the city....the 11 hour marathon!  We would like to have a much more relaxed pace on this trip.  We figured that we would go to Civitavecchia directly from the airport....drop our luggage, have a nice lunch, and then crash for a few hours until dinner.  We are not flight sleepers so we are tired after we arrive.  Any hotel recommendations....how are the casual restaurants at the port?  We figured we'd spend the day before the cruise maybe taking a food tour and relaxing.  After the cruise we plan to spend two days in Rome.  We are thinking a hotel near the Pantheon as it is touted as a safe and central area that we can walk to several places.  We're not really interested in any "fancy" or "tourist" restaurants.....a neighborhood osteria is very much our style.  It is a way off, but experienced traveler input is always the best!  If younger, we'd be jumping on buses or trains to do all of this, but those days are behind us!  Thanks in advance for your input....if our plan sounds ridiculous, point me in a better direction!!!

Personal Opinion

The hotels in Civitavecchia have gone downhill over the last five years.  
As you’re flying in after a marathon travel, there is no need for another 2 hour plus drive, plus baggage and immigration.  One would suggest it’s better to take a hotel near FCO, friends have used the Tiber.  Tiber is clean and reasonable with a free airport/hotel shuttle.

You can unwind then travel refreshed the following day.

• Like 1