Shore Excursions

mirrajay

Hello there - I am sure this question has been asked a million times over, but I hope someone wont mind answering it again. I am trying to decide whether to take the Carnival Shore excursions or go at it alone? I notice that in Boston they offer the Duck Tour which you can also book by yourself. What are the advantages and disadvantages of going with the cruise sponsored excursion? Also, on the carnival site, it doesnt give a price - only says one $ rather than 2 or 3 $, but never says what a $ stands for. 20 dollars, 50 dollars? The tour is $24 when doing it on your own.

What are the chances of excursions selling out and where on the ship do you book them? If we check in rather early in the day, can we do it then before the ship has actually departed?

Thanks for any advice.

Carey

Carnival Victory, here I come!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I've never done shore excursions in Boston, just land trips, so I can't help you there.

The advantage of booking through the ship is that if your tour is late getting back, they won't leave port without you. Not so if you book an indpendent tour.

As to pricing on the ship's tours, someone around here should have a link with approximate prices for them. You can book them either from your cabin on the FunVision, or go to the Shore Excursion desk in the main lobby. When we were on the Legend last month, the FunVision wasn't working by 1:00 in embarkation day so I went to the desk. No line and we got all the excursions we wanted.

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Make a list of the excursions you want prices for and call Carnival. They will give you the prices of the excursions you ask for.

OR, if you are not in a hurry, email Carnival, tell them what ship you are taking and the date and ask them to email you a list of excursions and the prices. It takes them a week or two to get back to you, but they'll send and entire list of what is available for your cruise as far as excursions and the current price of each.

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

Archived