Which itinerary?

petepie

Hello

im trying to decide between two itineraries and am looking for input. We are a family of teens and parents and all but one have never been to Greece. One teenager LOVES Mamma Mia so wants to see as much classic Greek island scenery and beaches as possible. We’ve been on HAL Westerdam to Alaska and liked it, Celebrity Summit to Caribbean and loved it, and Disney Fantasy to Caribbean - it was ok but too many people and kids. Must visit ports are Athens, santorini, kusadasi, Naples.

celebrity goes to istanbul but not western Greece and Adriatic. Westerdam goes to western Greece, Venice and Adriatic but not Istanbul ...

Option 1: HAL westerdam

Rome

naples

santorini

kusadasi

crete Heraklion 

athens

nafplion

argostoli

corfu

kotor 

venice

option 2: celebrity reflection

rome

sicily

santorini

mykonos

istanbul

kusadasi

athens

naples

rome

thank you

Myself I like option two better. The history in Istanbul, Kusadasi & Athens alone make it worth while. Santorini has been on our bucket list for years, which we'll see in Jul 2022. I'm sure which ever one you decide you'll enjoy.

They are both good.  You have to decide between Istanbul and Venice.  Both go to Athens , Santorini and Kusadasi.   I favor Option 1 because it has more variety and, for your teenager, more islands and beaches.  Save Istanbul for another cruise.  

Hi, both look really good to me as well😃........it looks like the HAL cruise is 2 days longer and if you are going that distance? 11 days is better than 9! (in my opinion).

I am sure you will have a great family cruise, whichever you choose!

You have more ports in the first one.  Istanbul has been very iffy and is more likely to be cancelled. Sailing into Venice is a magical experience that is likely to end soon! 

For Greek islands and beaches, the first is tons better, Mykonos and Santorini don’t give you a true picture of Greece.  Argostoli is wonderful for beaches and a more authentic experience, as are Crete and Corfu!  

E6B3501D-BCAD-43D3-8718-435B0077A839.jpeg

1D68EA92-79D3-4F8C-BAA6-EA98E9AB23B2.jpeg

• Like 1

Look at Celestyal Cruises and see if they fit your requirements.  May be able to do 2 back to back cruises with them that work.  They are not fancy ships.  A bit older than the newer ships and not all the bells and whistles  but have good destinations for Greece and Turkey.

Stan

15 hours ago, petepie said:

Thanks everyone, and appreciate the pictures. Sounds like majority vote is itinerary 1!

Hope you and your entire family have a wonderful cruise😃....and I highly recommend you go to Ephesus when you are in Turkey.  I was there many years ago and it is still one of the best memories ever!!!