What about that CC Handle, Princess members?

Steelers36

Hi All.  Hope the Mods leave this here as I am interested in posts from the Princess board members who we all regularly, or irregularly, see.  With all the "heavy" discussions on when cruising will begin, Covid-19 protocols, the CDC, etc, I thought a more light-hearted thread might be in order.

How did you come up with your CC Handle?  Some are rather obvious, but many of you have unusual and creative ones.

Mine is pretty simple - if you are a fan of my NFL team.  Otherwise, the "36" might puzzle you.  It was the jersey number of one of my all-time favorite players, Jerome Bettis (AKA "The Bus").  He retired after Super Bowl XL in 2006.  Later on, he entered the Football Hall of Fame where Steelers are tied for third most members in the Hall.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

When I retired, my wife said, "All I ask is two cruises a year".  Until Covid -19, we have done at least that, easily.

Each year we've done one cruise that is at least two, usually three to four  segments, and an annual 15 day Christmas/New Year cruise to Hawaii, averaging about forty five days a year.  Grand Adventure/repositioning cruises are our favorites.

We like the history of the name too much to update it.

Edited by 2 cruises a year
  • Like 3

In 1995, we got our first computer.  Logged into a website that needed a user ID. Had no idea what that was so the Website gave us one.   Have no idea why computer chose this ID - maybe coo for 1st 3 letters of last name, 359 for the 1st 3 numbers of our zip code at that time, a = Alabama and the number 2 - no idea.  When we needed a CC ID,  we weren't very creative and just used the computer generated ID.  Never gave a thought to how it would sound when you stood up and introduced yourself at a M&G.

• Like 1

I started using "Dido" as an online handle in the late 90s - it was the name of the last ship my father served on in the Royal Navy before he passed away when I was 7. And then when I started making and meeting friends in online communities they shortened it to "dides"

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Hi All.  Hope the Mods leave this here as I am interested in posts from the Princess board members who we all regularly, or irregularly, see.  With all the "heavy" discussions on when cruising will begin, Covid-19 protocols, the CDC, etc, I thought a more light-hearted thread might be in order.

How did you come up with your CC Handle?  Some are rather obvious, but many of you have unusual and creative ones.

Mine is pretty simple - if you are a fan of my NFL team.  Otherwise, the "36" might puzzle you.  It was the jersey number of one of my all-time favorite players, Jerome Bettis (AKA "The Bus").  He retired after Super Bowl XL in 2006.  Later on, he entered the Football Hall of Fame where Steelers are tied for third most members in the Hall.

My handle is completely uncreative, but you caught me with The Bus and the Steelers.  My team since 1975 and I'm originally from Massachusetts with a family full of Pats fans (booo!).  My favorite: Mean Joe Greene.  And of course the inimitable Terry Bradshaw.  

• Like 1

It's what I usually do to get agreement from DW to purchase a vehicle for which she sees a marginal purpose whether it's too fast, too beautiful, too small, too high or whatever. Many moons ago she added this customized plate to one and it's now been on several successor vehicles in two different US states. So, when the Internet finally became a "thing" and online forums created a need for usernames, this one seemed obvious to me. If you see me driving around, wave! Please use all fingers, not just the middle one! 😁

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

It's what I usually do to get agreement from DW to purchase a vehicle for which she sees a marginal purpose whether it's too fast, too beautiful, too small, too high or whatever. Many moons ago she added this customized plate to one and it's now been on several successor vehicles in two different US states. So, when the Internet finally became a "thing" and online forums created a need for usernames, this one seemed obvious to me. If you see me driving around, wave! Please use all fingers, not just the middle one! 😁

That's funny

The C-130 aircraft used by the US Navy Blue Angels is called Fat Albert. I served my 1st tour of duty with VMGR -352 and VMGR -152 and we called our C-130 squadron Fat Albert Airlines . I manifested over 2,000 flight hrs with these 2 squadrons before being assigned new orders. I became a Chemical, Biological Defense Officer and then an Aviation supply Officer for AV8 Harriers to finish my 21 yrs of service USMC.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Fat Albert said:

The C-130 aircraft used by the US Navy Blue Angels is called Fat Albert. I served my 1st tour of duty with VMGR -352 and VMGR -152 and we called our C-130 squadron Fat Albert Airlines . I manifested over 2,000 flight hrs with these 2 squadrons before being assigned new orders. I became a Chemical, Biological Defense Officer and then an Aviation supply Officer for AV8 Harriers to finish my 21 yrs of service USMC.

Thank you for your service;   Have seen Blue Angels Fat Albert many times during my career

• Like 3